PDA

View Full Version : Book

JWHooper
10-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Currently, I'm reading The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. I've already read chapters 1 through 3. I know that Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, and other few kids decided to make their own gang. But, I forgot some of the details in chapters 1 through 3, like for example, Huckleberry's opinion toward religion, and some other details. If anyone could help me out, it will be great.

Thanks,

J.

Coco
10-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Try GradeSaver.com. It offers chapter summaries and analyses.

Better yet, reread the chapters. And as you read the rest of the book, take some notes so that you don't run into this situation again.

JWHooper
11-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Currently, in my American Literature class, we are reading Huck Finn. Well, I was doing okay at reading from chapter 1 through 18, but from chapter 19 through 25, it was kinda hard to understand on. I know that Huck met these two guys (the King and the Duke), and those two guys needed some help. So, Huck decided to help those two guys, and brought them to Jim, and now Jim knows it, too. They traveled for a while, then King and Duke decided to go to a town and do a show about Shakespeare's play. They got money for their performance, and returned to their boat or something. Then, those four guys met Mary Jane and other few girls, and so on.

Now, I did the homework (I read the book), but it's just that I just forgot some few details. So, can anyone include maybe few details for the above paragraph? I would really appreciate for any help.

Thanks,

J.

Captain Kirk
01-08-2008, 02:07 PM
To be honest, I had read this book twice when I was younger. Now that we had to read it in class, and we completely picked it apart. That ruined the book for me. It made the book so boring that I hated the book. So ya, there you go.

DisNey91
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
I've recently read the book but also have trouble understanding the bits towards the end, what I do know is that when the King and the Duke go with Jim and Huck to the family it is because the king and duke are looking forward to getting money from them. They desguise themselves as two uncles of the family from England and hope to be given the money. Mary Jane and the other girls are the nieces of the two long lost uncles.

dmanning
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I just wanted to let you know, that I absolutely think that Twain is an amazing author. He knows how to write and keep the reader's attention.

StarGazer9240
02-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah, irony and satire make a great afternoon