PDA

View Full Version : chapter 35

Wordsmiths
10-10-2007, 10:17 AM
i have to give a detailed analysis of chapter 35 and use it as a basis to analyse the whole book so can anyone give me some tips/pointers on how to go about this please

sciencefan
10-11-2007, 09:50 PM
i have to give a detailed analysis of chapter 35 and use it as a basis to analyse the whole book so can anyone give me some tips/pointers on how to go about this please
I doubt if you are going to find the help you need here.
Perhaps you should ask your teacher/professor?

Newcomer
10-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I doubt if you are going to find the help you need here.
Perhaps you should ask your teacher/professor?

No help here for the lazy, illiterate and the lumpen?
Dear Sciencefan are you suggesting that they should read the book! Heaven to Betsy what an outrageous notion.

Wordsmiths
10-12-2007, 10:24 AM
No help here for the lazy, illiterate and the lumpen?
Dear Sciencefan are you suggesting that they should read the book! Heaven to Betsy what an outrageous notion.

i love self righteous people what makes you think i have not ready the book already. i asked the question because i have formulated my own ideas i just wanted to see the thoughts and feelings of others. thanks for your help though

Logos
10-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Uhm, hello!

People, if you do not want to help someone with a question, you can hit the back button and go to the next topic :) please don't make personal comments.

Wordsmiths
10-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Uhm, hello!

People, if you do not want to help someone with a question, you can hit the back button and go to the next topic :) please don't make personal comments.
my sentiments exactly

sciencefan
10-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't really have any idea how one would go about analzing a chapter in such a way as making it provide a basis with which to analyze a whole book.
I am curious to find out though.
I would ask my teacher for help if I were in your shoes.
Isn't it the teacher's responsibility to teach us the method they want us to use to do something?
Or is that old-fashioned?

Wordsmiths
10-12-2007, 10:45 AM
i think what my professor means is like how the themes and synbols etc that occur in the book are representitive of the book on a whole for example in the chapter she talks of St John being like cold stone in the book on a whole cold represents emotional desolation in chp 25 bronte use prophetic fallacy when the winter appears in june and this mirrors Jane's feelings as her marriage to Rochester has just broken down she herself states 'my hopes are dead' as is summer

sciencefan
10-12-2007, 11:02 AM
i think what my professor means is like how the themes and synbols etc that occur in the book are representitive of the book on a whole for example in the chapter she talks of St John being like cold stone in the book on a whole cold represents emotional desolation in chp 25 bronte use prophetic fallacy when the winter appears in june and this mirrors Jane's feelings as her marriage to Rochester has just broken down she herself states 'my hopes are dead' as is summerIt seems as though you have a pretty good handle on it already.
(Thanks for explaining it to me.)

Newcomer
10-12-2007, 07:58 PM
i love self righteous people what makes you think i have not ready the book already. i asked the question because i have formulated my own ideas i just wanted to see the thoughts and feelings of others. thanks for your help though

Dear Wordsmiths,
I do not wish to engage in a controversy with you, we have not been introduced so to speak, but since you have characterized me as 'self righteous', i.e. your note of 10-10-2007 - “i love self righteous people what makes you think i have not ready the book already. i asked the question because i have formulated my own ideas i just wanted to see the thoughts and feelings of others. thanks for your help though”. - , for the record allow me to state the facts:
1) my note of 10-09-2007 - “No help here for the lazy, illiterate and the lumpen? Dear Sciencefan are you suggesting that they should read the book! Heaven to Betsy what an outrageous notion.”, was not addressed to you but specifically to Sciencefan, and the reference of “lazy, illiterate and lumpen” was a general observation of the postings which ask for help with school assignments. My view of the Forum is of exchange of views, of an intelligent discussion, not of a crib sheet.
2)Your statement: - “ i asked the question because i have formulated my own ideas “ does not comfort to your statement of 10-10-2007. Previous to your 10-12-2007 note, you have not offered any analysis or conclusions, nor have you done so since. Therefore your statement, “so can anyone give me some tips/pointers on how to go about this please”, as a plea for help stands.
I am happy that you have read the book, and drawn some conclusions, and if you would have stated your analysis, I would have been more than happy to debate them. However you have not done so but on the contrary have made an particular accusation against my character when my statement was not addressed to you. If I am mistaken , please offer prof.
3)Your self congratulatory, “my sentiments exactly” of 10-12-2007, hardly qualifies as an example of objectivity.
Please note that I am very aware of the Forum rules and regulations against a disagreement in a debate degenerating into a personal attack. I have not crossed the line. In my interpretation you have.