PDA

View Full Version : Jo/Laurie Moments in the Sequals?

Marionette71088
10-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I really wants to know what kind of relationship Jo and her boy ended up having in "Little Men" and "Jo's Boys", but I just could bring myself to read them knowing that they will never be together. So could anyone give me some details? Page numbers would also be greatly appreciated :yawnb:

L.M. The Third
04-14-2008, 07:55 PM
And that's EXACTLY something I wanted to ask; and my sentiments exactly too!! So, please, could folks give us some info, quotes, or chap. numbers for those of us who read online???????? We'd be eternally indebted to you!

Ahera
05-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Thats exactly how I felt years back but to tell you the truth after having had relationships in real life (breakups and what not), I realized that lovers come and go but best friends stay forever, Friendship is beautiful and true , and the friendship shared between Jo & Laurie is the same .

Even after all this its hard to see them separate.

Jo and Laurie are best friends in all the other books and Laurie marries Ammie(This has broken my heart once)...Jo marries Mr bhaer, I don't know the page numbers, sorry.

JacquiWDE
07-16-2008, 09:07 PM
I read all the books several years ago. I, too, was disappointed they didn't end up together. I still am. However, I think the author knew that "family" love was stronger.

Jo and Laurie never have long pages of time together in the books. But, they are very close. Laurie helps her set up the school and checks in here and there. I recommend you read (or skim) the books so you can enjoy the little nuances. I don't think they hold up as well as Little Women, but its a journey worth taking to read the lines yourself.

ixchellalune
01-31-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't even know where to start. I just finished the first book, and although I loved it, I wish someone had warned me and I had not read past the chapter where Laurie leaves to Europe.

I ALMOST want to write my own alternate fan-fiction edition to the ending. Pfeh on "friendship", their love could have grown, if it hadn't been for Marmee's misguided advice... (No mean to offend anyone, I literally just finished and needed to vent somewhere) ;(

megcanis
08-24-2010, 09:02 PM
Hi guys! I also hate that Jo and Laurie didn't end up together (please see my post under another topic about them) In any case, I can help you with one thing. There is one quote in Jo's Boys that seems to suggest that maybe all is not buried between Jo and Lauries. Take your own interpretation, but the quote goes as follows:

After some serious trouble with all of the children, Jo's, Laurie's, and Meg's, Laurie writes to Jo, and in the letter he says, "Don't you wish you had run away with me out west all of those years ago when I suggested it?"

I'm pretty sure that is the exact wording, but I will edit it if it is not. I hope this helps. :)

EmeraldZen
09-03-2012, 02:09 AM
Megcanis, thank you for that quote! I actually had to google it and found it in Chapter 20 of Jo's Boys... The exactly quote in Laurie's letter to Jo: "when I proposed to run away to Washington with you some century ago. Aren't you sorry you didn't?'

So cute how close they are, after all the years! And yes, their scenes together are wonderful, full of fun, laughter, and even a bit flirty! There's a scene which describes how Jo and Laurie can communicate really well with each other without exchanging a single word (Little Men I think). And there's another scene which I remember Laurie has his head on Jo's lap and she is stroking his hair...:smilewinkgrin:

kelby_lake
10-19-2012, 01:03 PM
I prefer them as friends. I think that as a couple, they might lose some of their individual spark.