PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Ellysward
10-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi i don't know if any of you have read charles dickens breat expetations but i would really like some help with my essay! Can some one please tell me why humour is used throughout the novel?? Get back to me please!!!!!!!

Ellysward
10-01-2007, 12:59 PM
I have a huge essay about charles dickens novel great expectations to complete but i really need to know why humour is used throughout the novel!!!
please help me!!!!!!!!!!!
x

Sr. Nicole
10-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Charles Dickens was had a terrific sense of humor. He included humor in his works as a part of his writing voice. The humor in Great Expectations comes from several places. The narrator, Pip, is also the main character. His humor shows that in spite of the fear, heart-ache and other trials that his younger self experiences, he is able to laugh at himself. He is also able to see the absurdity of other people's behavior. For example, in the scene when Joe visits, the narrator describes several behaviors that the character Pip finds embarrassing. Pip is able, however, to laugh at it now, which shows that he has matured. I hope that this helps and that it is not too late.