PDA

View Full Version : Help! Count of Monte Cristo

sk8ermom
09-10-2007, 07:28 PM
My daughter needs to portray Haydee in class and needs to use 5 props. Any suggestions?

sbmarti2
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Well Haydee was always portrayed wear a lot of jewelry, so if you have any fake necklaces or rings that would work. She is also of Arab decent, and grew up the daugher of Ali Pasha, so anything with arab culture would work as well. She liked the opera I believe too, as she was frequently at the theatre, so I'm not sure what that could help with, but who knows.

She was a slave at one point in her life, and still was technically throughout the book. Again, not sure how much it helps, but its something.

Fake jewels and silks are probably the best things

sk8ermom
09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Oh my gosh! Tons of help. THANK YOU very much!

closedbyrequest
09-14-2007, 03:53 AM
It wasn't that she liked opera as much as it was new to her.

As far as props go, stay with a Greek/Arabian theme. She is a princess, so try to find some sort of crown or something. She had a strong nature, so emphasize that. She also had a rough childhood. Perhaps your daughter could be... meloncholoy or something. Good luck.

barbielynn234
11-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Why don't you make your daughter do her own homework?:flare:

QuickSwift
01-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Why don't you make your daughter do her own homework?:flare:

Was that really necessary? Grow up.

closedbyrequest
01-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Well, I understand where they are coming from. The daughter won't learn unless she does the work.

zfate
01-31-2008, 03:05 PM
She wore exquisite clothing, jewels, she had a Tatoo on her neck so she probably wore scarves all the time, she was also thought to be a Greek so although she was from the east, she was quite pale at the same time. she was skinny and sharp facial features.. the rest you can just guess to modern high class Eastern clothing of that century.

closedbyrequest
02-02-2008, 08:18 PM
She had a tattoo? Where does it say that? I don't remember that part.

kiki1982
02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello! Here I am again!

Regarding the topic:

She only had one earlobe anymore as the other one was accidentily cut off. I would say, do not cut your daughter's ear off, but that she only wears one earring...
For the rest, indeed, Arabian/Turkish theme. A lot of gold, large earrings, big bracelets, necklaces... And of course Arabian style clothing, like bellydancers wear, but a little more decent... We are talking about a princess here.

anyway good luck