PDA

View Full Version : Do Wendy, Tinker Bell and Tiger Lily represent different women archetypes??

lalali
09-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Do you think Wendy, Tinker Bell and Tiger Lily represent different women archetypes?? I read this somewhere but I can't find how this is true, all of them were jealous of each other because of Peter. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd really like to know. Thanks!!

Lost-Star
09-29-2007, 12:43 PM
maybe .. but tink was a fairy // pixie .. wendy was a girl .. and tiger lily was a red indian .. i dont really see how they represent different women archetype ?

help ? lol

love <3

Charles Darnay
09-29-2007, 01:14 PM
I suppose you can see it as:

Wendy = the nurturing mother type

Tink = the spirited child

Tiger = the strong independent woman

Beekman
01-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I think that Wendy, Tinker Bell, and Tiger Lily do represent archetypes, but that the rest of the characters do as well. None of them are especially rounded. There is a childish simplicity in the way they are developed that I think is intentional, and I don't feel like Barrie is trying to make any points specifically regarding the females. Tinker Bell may be the jealous woman, but Michael is the 'baby', Tootles is the loyal fool, Mr. Darling is the bumbling father, etc. There isn't any special emphasis given to the significance of what they represent as characters, except for Wendy, which is understandable because the entire book is about childhood and mothers.