PDA

View Full Version : new book lover just saying hello

tome_keeper
08-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Meredith and I'm brand new. While discussing books with coworkers at Barnes and Noble is fun, I'd love to meet lots of new people and have more chats and hear more ideas and the like.

Don't know if this is the proper place to ask, but I also wonder if I haven't registered properly, as I can't set up a blog or see myself in the member list. So if someone could fill me in I'd appreciate it. :)

Great to be here, hope to meet some great book lovers!

Lote-Tree
08-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Hi everyone! My name is Meredith and I'm brand new. While discussing books with coworkers at Barnes and Noble is fun, I'd love to meet lots of new people and have more chats and hear more ideas and the like.

Don't know if this is the proper place to ask, but I also wonder if I haven't registered properly, as I can't set up a blog or see myself in the member list. So if someone could fill me in I'd appreciate it. :)

Welcome renaissance women :-)

But why the pic of a man ;-)

Madhuri
08-26-2007, 04:38 PM

Welcome to the forum :wave:

You have definitely registered correctly. But, for being in the member list or to set up a blog I think you need a minimum number of posts.

Read more about it from this link

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19945

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23311

Bakiryu
08-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Hullo and welcome! Have fun!

andave_ya
08-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi! Love your name!

Virgil
08-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Hi Tome. Nice to have you join us. Welcome. Judging by your profile you'll be a perfect fit here. I must say you come from a lovely part of the country, North Carolina. I think I want to retire there some day. Your photo makes you seem like a real southern belle. ;)

jon1jt
08-26-2007, 11:31 PM
given you work for the Barnes & Noble establishment and are an avid reader, i just have to ask why on earth they stock the bulk of their shelves with such rotten books. :D i don't mean the classics, i like those books. :)

i'm with virgil, north carolina is a nice place. maybe i'll retire there someday too. you and me virgil, old farts fishing and arguing politics. :D

welcome tome, yes, welcome.

Virgil
08-27-2007, 06:56 AM
given you work for the Barnes & Noble establishment and are an avid reader, i just have to ask why on earth they stock the bulk of their shelves with such rotten books. :D i don't mean the classics, i like those books. :)

i'm with virgil, north carolina is a nice place. maybe i'll retire there someday too. you and me virgil, old farts fishing and arguing politics. :D

:lol: Hey that sounds great Jon. :)

tome_keeper
08-27-2007, 05:15 PM

well! rotten books you say! alright, as we have to try to have something for everyone, there will be a fair amount of what some might deem "rotten", but i respectfully disagree! maybe you haven't had the pleasure of perusing the shelves under my watchful and loving eye, so i'll give you the benefit of a doubt. and thank you for the welcome. :)

Hi Tome. Nice to have you join us. Welcome. Judging by your profile you'll be a perfect fit here. I must say you come from a lovely part of the country, North Carolina. I think I want to retire there some day. Your photo makes you seem like a real southern belle. ;)

yes, north carolina is beautiful. and while my place of birth and residence once again, i spent the vast majority of my life so far in miami, florida, which could not be less southern. culturally speaking, more than geographically, that is. so while i appreciate the compliment, i just have to say for the record that the term "southern belle" couldn't possibly apply to me. but i do think and hope i'll fit in here. :)

Literary_Cat
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome!

(As an employee of a bookstore, I know what you mean--the fact that people sell books does not necessarily mean that they can have good conversations about them...)