PDA

View Full Version : favourite

littlelit
08-15-2007, 03:08 PM
i haven't read all of her works but i love all those i have read. everyone plzz tell me which novel/story of agatha's is ur own favourite.
personally, i like 'The Pale Horse' (novel) and 'The Witness for The Prosecution' ( story)

Tabula_Rasa
08-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I liked all Poirot books.. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd... I wrote a paper on it once.. :)(though its ending and the "unreliable narrator" didnt surprise me much), also Murder on the Orient Express... I have read only one of Miss.Marple book.. The Moving Finger... didnt find it much interesting.

Literary_Cat
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
The first time I read "Murder on the Orient Express," I was delighted to be deceived by the ending (though the second and third times I made my way through it, the solution seemed painfully obvious). Which is why I have stopped rereading mysteries.

Scheherazade
08-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I think I have read almost all Christie books and I am a Poirot fan too but my favorite is Ten Little Indians.

Duna
09-06-2007, 08:05 AM
I love her books. I´m a fan of Hercules Poirot though I didn´t like ``Curtain: Poirot´s last case ´´
I think my favourite book is `` The Mousetrap ´´ Because It´s a very entertaining book and I liked the message that transmits;)

black butterffl
04-26-2008, 10:33 AM
I love her books. I´m a fan of Hercules Poirot though I didn´t like ``Curtain: Poirot´s last case ´´
I think my favourite book is `` The Mousetrap ´´ Because It´s a very entertaining book and I liked the message that transmits;)

well, i'm a big fan of poirot and come on, "curtain" is a really great book, i never thought that poirot would kill someone, it was a shok, and seriously, the way how the murdere wsa killing people was genious
why didn't u like it?

slobone
06-03-2008, 10:34 AM
And Then There Were None is her best book.

I read most of them when I was a kid, then later I went back and re-read them. I hate to say it, but as time goes on I like her less and less. She couldn't create a lifelike character to save her life, and even the plots are not all that baffling once you begin to recognize her two or three favorite tricks...

Sarida
09-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I think I have read almost all Christie books and I am a Poirot fan too but my favorite is Ten Little Indians.

I agree! Ten Little Indians was the first Christie book I read, and it is still my favorite after reading so many of the others!!! I also loved Black Coffee.

scarjo
11-10-2008, 06:04 PM
These are my favorite Poirot novels:
1 The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
2 Murder on the Orient Express
3 Death on the Nile
4 The ABC Murders
5 The Mysterious Affair at Styles
6 Curtain
7 Cards on the Table

And my other favorites:
1 Ten Little èçé"§ç§!ç§!'"
2 The Seven Dials Mystery

bazarov
11-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Ten Little Niggers.

formality hater
11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Death Comes As The End

Thespian1975
12-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Evil under the sun
The Hollow - I performed in that on stage. I played Edward Angatell.
Death on the Nile
The Sittaford Mystery - First one I read so it holds a special place in my heart

I prefer Poirot books to Marple. And I find Tommy and Tuppence a bit annoying.

As to Re-reading them I find almost as much fun in spotting where the clues and red herrings are.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ENDINGS AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flare:

wordeater
12-26-2010, 08:43 AM
Poirot:
1 The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
2 Murder on the Orient Express
3 Death on the Nile
4 The ABC Murders
5 Five Little Pigs

Miss Marple:
1 4.50 from Paddington
2 Murder at the Vicarage