PDA

View Full Version : What a pleasure to find this site!! (Introduction)

Brit Junkie
08-12-2007, 02:14 AM
Hello all!

On here, I'm Brit Junkie, a self-proclaimed Anglophile, although the rest of the world who knows me agrees with me whole-heartedly. My friends call me "Jenn." I teach high school seniors (16- to 18-year-olds for the non-Americans) British Literature, and I LOVE it! I love teaching English because it's not just "English"; it's history, sociology, psychology, analysis, and so much more.

Previously, I taught ninth grade English (14- to 15-year-olds), and while I enjoyed the experience, I much prefer the older kids and the British curriculum. I've also taught college freshman composition classes, which are thoroughly enjoyable because of the type of classroom you can run.

I live in Memphis, Tennessee, and I am looking forward to my two-year anniversary with my husband this October. No kids of my own, yet; although, with roughly 150 new ones every year, I certainly have my fill.

I found this site on "accident," if you will. I forget now what I what I was even searching, but this site popped up, and I'm so glad I stopped in! I'm looking forward to being able to share insights with students, bibliophiles, teachers, and so on. I've suffered an intellectual drought recently, so I am excited to be here to quench my thirst.

Lyn
08-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Hi Brit Junkie, welcome! I'm an English teacher in Britain, teaching ages 11-19. It's always nice to find people I've got something in common with :)

Logos
08-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Indeed you will find fellow teachers here as well as students of all ages from all over the world Brit Junkie, welcome to LitNet :)

andave_ya
08-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Aye, welcome! English literature is my favorite too!

RobinHood3000
08-14-2007, 05:56 PM
YAY!! An Anglophile!

Welcome to LitNet! =)