PDA

View Full Version : Flashback in Pride and Prejudice? Help Please!

SaraBeth
08-06-2007, 05:01 PM
i am doing an assignment that is due August 17th. I have the rest of it finished, i keep coming to one problem. I need an example of flashback in this novel. If you ave any ideas i would really appreciate it! Thanx a lot!:idea:

Scheherazade
08-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Darcy reminiscing about Wickham's affair with his sister?

SaraBeth
08-06-2007, 05:43 PM
thank you!

SaraBeth
08-06-2007, 05:50 PM
anything else come to mind?

sciencefan
08-07-2007, 08:07 AM
anything else come to mind?The whole Wickham affair is the best one I can think of, too.
It takes place in Darcy's letter to Elizabeth after she turns down his first proposal.
All you need in one example, right?

Another example, though not as lengthy, nor as easy to find, is when Elizabeth starts thinking back on Wickham's behavior and realizing how she was duped by his gentile manners.
This begins during the reading of the letter I think, but then continues after the letter as well, if I am not mistaken.

There is a little flashback when Elizabeth recounts how Mr. & Mrs. Bennett's relationship began.
Not sure where that is.

I wish you good success on your homework.

sciencefan
08-07-2007, 03:51 PM
I thought of another flashback:
in the letter from Aunt Gardiner to Elizabeth explaining Darcy's participation in rescuing Lydia's reputation, all that Darcy did in bribing Wickham, attending the wedding, etc., is portrayed to the reader in flashback.

SaraBeth
08-08-2007, 12:09 AM
thank ya'll so much! I really appreciate it! Now i have to start working on my other book "Their Eyes Were Watching God" so wish me good luck! Thanx again.:banana: