PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Checkin' In from KW

RobbieKW
08-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Hi!

I am new and excited to be here! I have yet to finish my profile, so please bear with me. I live in Key West, Florida USA... where America's only coral reef exists (and is in danger, but that is another story).

I am a poetess, prose writer, journal writer and avid reader... I am especially fond of ancient and classic texts. I am also a 3 dimensional visual artist...

I grew up in Saginaw, Michigan, a small-large town based on General Motors as income for at least 70% of the population since the early 1900s... Due to NAFTA and corporate endeavours on behalf of General Motors in foreign countries, it is becoming a very (sadly) destitute community.

It was not easy growing up as a creative person in a "normal" atmosphere... I had always dreamed of a place where I could be in one place, literally the same exact spot, and watch the sun rise each morning and set each evening... And yeah, you guessed it, I found it here.

I hopped on a Greyhound bus on Tuesday, October 11, 2005, at 12:30 pm in Saginaw, Michigan with two suitcases and two overloaded carry-on bags. On Friday, October 13, 2005, at 12:00 noon, I arrived at the bus station in Key West, Florida and have called this place home ever since.

More will be revealed...

Thanks for being here... I look forward to learning, growing and meeting new people like me...

bibliophile190
08-03-2007, 01:47 AM
It sounds like you've led a very interesting life. I am pleased to meet you. I would love to see some examples of your poetry and your art. What are some of your favorite ancient or classic texts?

amanda_isabel
08-03-2007, 02:17 AM
nice metting you, robbie. share your pieces over here! your life too.. the lit net is a wonderful place to be, as you'll soon see-if you haven't yet. :)

chasestalling
08-05-2007, 08:32 AM
welcome

BlueSkyGB
08-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Welcome to the forum...
Key West, spent every summer from 73 to 78 down there, had a friend that lived on Stock Island....heard the place has changed a lot from back then.
The Green Parrot was where the locals hung out then. and there used to be a very good Cuban eatery hidden from the tourists, had a big pig on their sign.