PDA

View Full Version : Your Dreams

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mafalda
02-05-2003, 03:55 PM
Olá

Do you usually remember your dreams? Do you have any recurring dreams or nightmares? Do they usually make sense? What was your strangest dream like?

I think dreams are a very interesting subject. I'd like to know more about them, actually. How to interpret them and maybe make use of them. Well, if you know anything about this, i'd really like to hear about it. And about your dreams too. Our dreams seem to be almost always odd :)

Zooey
02-12-2003, 05:09 AM
I wish I remembered my dreams more. I too, for some odd reason, have suddenly become fascinated with dreams as of late. You've reminded me, I wanted to read up on it a little.

I wanted to recommend to you a movie I saw recently called Waking Life. Fascinating movie on life and dreams (though be warned, it's all people just having conversations), but it was done by filming the movie and then going over every frame of the movie animating it on the computer. It's very dream-like in effect. If you can get your hands on it, I recommend it.

Here's a quote I really liked from the movie. So very true!

"I wake up and it's 10:12, and I go back to sleep and I have these long, intricate, beautiful dream that seem to last for hours. And then I wake up and it's...10:13."

Sam Gamgee
02-25-2003, 12:54 AM
Actually, I have "role-play" dreams all the time (I remember a dream at least twice a week). They are like nightmare to me because things will happen such as this: Once I was Sam Gamgee on the second quest to destroy the ring [? - dreams don't make sense] but Frodo REFUSED to help me. I went through dangers like a cafateria with a lot of people, but the whole time I was upset, and I woke up feeling not too good. The weird thing is, I have a tendency to dream the most when I wake up at 7:30 and then snooze 'til 7:40 - and they say that Dreaming is the deepest kind of sleep!

cindylouwho
03-03-2003, 10:28 PM
I have ODD dreams and I usually always remember them. I am very fascinated with the meanings of dreams. I always heard about people dreaming that their teeth were falling out and then one night I dreamed that. I think it means something about a major problem is going to come to an end or something. Anyway, I think dreams are very cool. They allow me to do things that I can't (or won't) do in reality.

Shea
03-05-2003, 03:14 AM
Hey! Check out Chaucer's, The Nun's Priest's Tale from the Canterbury tales. It's the story of the rooster, Chanteclier (sp?) who has a premanatory dream about being snatched by a fox. I wonder how much our subcontious minds pick up of our surroundings without us knowing it.

I once fell asleep as soon as I got home from work one night and I dreamed that I was still waiting tables. I was getting ready to give a customer their change which I read on the ticket as $2.47. That may not seem so odd, but I happened to wake up that moment and found that I was facing my digital clock that read 2:47! I also tend to sleep with my eyes open. :o

My favorite dreams are my flying dreams. Everytime I wake from those, I feel so refreshed! :D I've had 4 of them that I can recall since I was 4-years-old. I feel like I had more, but I can't remember them, however I vividly see that first one with the Jim Henson puppets 18 years ago...

MarsMonster
03-06-2003, 06:53 PM
i dream often and most of my dreams could be used to write a book about.
i dream when i am awake all the time i dream when i am asleep, and lately i even dream while in class taking notes. i just go some place else and keep taking notes like a typing machine, i write everything but my mind is somewhere else. i call this dreaming because i feel that is what it is, and i know i can't control it. sometimes i just catch myself and sometimes i don't even remember what i was thinking about :)
but as for dreams when i am asleep, they are usually connected with what's happening in my life. and sometimes when i am really tired and confused like when something that i don't know what to think about happens late in the evening, then i have some unexplainably weird dreams. like a floatin city that looks like a melted candle and people in it who are forced to work or something and me who is just observing, and then i get out walking on air and i see a man get killed next to me. i had this dream a few nights ago.
i also dream of drowning often. the silly thing is that i really don't breathe when i'm 'drowning' and i wake up taking a lllloooooong breath and feeling the lack of oxygen, but while dreaming i tend to prolong the feeling as much as possible because somehow i know i will wake up. and it feels good. maybe because i love water. :) :) :)

Shea
03-08-2003, 02:07 PM
Ugh! :x I just had the most horrid dream. I'm not given to having nighmares, I can't remember the ones I've had before this. It was kind of a cross between "The Fly" and "Resident Evil". These weren't two movies that I had been wanting to see; roommates in my past were watching them. I didn't like them at all. Anyway, I don't know what part I played in the dream, but I observed an experiment gone wrong and all these zombie people came bursting out of a chamber. As I ran, I found myself carefully checking supermarket aisles so I grabbed a long knife from somewhere, stuck it in my belt and darted gingerly across a six lane busy highway.

The worst of all this was coming out of the dream, I'm staying with my Grandmother to take care of her for a short while (oh, I'm speaking reality here, but she so meddlesome it seems a nightmare that I wish I could wake from). The phone rang, and she forgot take it with her from her room to the kitchen. So, I went from crossing a busy six lane highway in flight of zombies, to jumping up from my grandmothers calls to answer the absurdly loud phone. :o

By the way, MarsMonster, do you get enough sleep at night? I hope you don't drive a car in that state! ;)

Koa
03-08-2003, 05:50 PM
I've been told that we dream every night, just we don't always remember it. Well, i hardly ever remember my dreams, it's very very rare for me to...

Wanna know my weirdest dream ever??? It was a long time ago, maybe 3 years, but i remember it quite well cos it was so striking that i wrote it down (btw, i know people who write down their dreams in a notebook to keep them...). Well, i dreamed that i was invisible and i saw John Lennon (!!!! :o why him??? I'm not a fan and i hadn't heard anything about him in the previous days...weird, so weird!), with a woman whom i didnt exactly recognise but i inferred to be Yoko Ono (well, who else?;))...And he wanted to destroy the world because it sucks, with one of those elctric things that are used to cut trees, i dont know the word in english...So i was hiding behind a chair in my house...But even if i was invisible, Yoko saw me and they started chasing me, and i ran away down the stairs that lead to the undergrund part of the building (i live in a block of flats)...
It was very very scary, but i interpreted it...because it was soon after a very unhappy period of my life, and i think that if the same dream would have occurred a few months before, i wouldnt have struggled so much nit to be killed...It was maybe a kind of sign of a return to life.
Though i still wonder: WHY John Lennon???? :D :o

Shea
03-09-2003, 03:51 AM
The strangest dream that I've ever had... you sure you want to try and make sense of it, I can't. I was driving to a medeival style restaurant and I was to meet my mom there. I was up north, and there was snow on the ground. I saw my mom's car come out from behind a building at an intersection and just before she made the turn, she gave me a funny look and turn the car around to go back in where she came from. She came back out a moment later standing on a sled, holding onto some reigns that were attached to a saint bernard. To top it off the dog was wearing a Robin Hood style hat with a giant fluffy feather sticking out of it! :rolleyes:

I thought that was pretty neat, so soon I was also holding a pair of reigns and had a big floppy feather bouncing in front of my face! As we neared the restaurant I was wondering how we would get the sleds to the door, the sidewalk being shoveled. So I watched my mom and as she came to the end of the snow, her sled turned into a skateboard and sure enough, so did mine! There was valet parking, so they hung the skateboards on hooks, and took the dogs to the kennel. Then I woke up.

Now that I think about it, although my mom had her "wild days", she changed her life and became an excellent roll model for me. I always try to follow her example and listen to her advice. She's made a lot of mistakes in her past and I love that she freely shares them with me so that I can learn from hers instead of making them all over again. I guess whatever she does now is what I want to do.

By the way Koa, I think John Lenon was trying to destroy the world with a chain saw. ;)

MarsMonster
03-10-2003, 01:20 PM
By the way, MarsMonster, do you get enough sleep at night? I hope you don't drive a car in that state! ;)

i get enough sleep. most of the times i don't want to wake up because i like the dream:) and YES i do drive the car in that state so CITIZENS OF BELGRADE BEWARE!

Shea
03-10-2003, 01:30 PM
I had a friend who really did once drive a car in her sleep! She was given to sleepwalking. She drove for probably around 40 min juging by how much gas she used. Good thing she made it home safely! ;)

MarsMonster
03-10-2003, 08:16 PM
now, that's scary :)

i don't sleepwalk (thank god). but sometimes early in the morning or late in the evening i dream that i should get ready to go somewhere, meet someone, so i go to the bathroom and get half-dressed or once i even put my makeup on, and then i realize that i am too tired to go there where i am supposed to go, and go back to sleep. in the morning i wake up half dressed or even fully dressed with my make up on. scary :) at least untill i remember what i was dreaming about.

Sam Gamgee
03-12-2003, 06:46 PM
I have a relative who was known to climb around on the roof and even once chopped wood in his sleep! - scary

MarsMonster
03-23-2003, 12:24 PM
i had a cat that barked in its sleap. how scary is that?

Sam Gamgee
03-26-2003, 01:10 AM
My sister makes UNEARTHLY noises - and they scare me - although I think a cat barking would be worse

waxmephilosophical
03-28-2003, 02:11 AM
I'm new...feel free to leave me a message! Any of you ever had the falling dream? I have this one frequently, where I'm falling through space, nowhere in particular, and I never finish it. I heard it means there's something in your life that you feel you don't have control over...any thoughts?

den
03-28-2003, 02:22 AM
Hmm, I've had similar recurring dreams, it was a sensation of falling backwards usually, and not pleasant. Out of control issues? Maybe, I could certainly say I feel that way sometimes, too busy with work and ~life~ !

waxmephilosophical
03-28-2003, 02:25 AM
Hi den! Are you online right now? I should be in bed, but I feel like chatting right now...I'll regret it when I'm trying to cram Calculus into my head tomorrow morning!

den
03-28-2003, 02:36 AM
Yup, I'm online... but I see you aren't anymore... ahh well.

Shea
03-29-2003, 07:48 PM
I hate falling dreams! :x I prefer the flying ones which is odd because I have a fear of heights. If falling dreams are a sense of being stressed out and out of control, that could explain why I had one after I fell asleep in class once. Very embarassing! :oops:

waxmephilosophical
03-29-2003, 09:00 PM
I've never had a flying dream...sounds interesting, though. To be honest, I rarely remember my dreams at all. (I wonder if that's normal.) Only the falling dream, because it always jolts me awake very rudely!

Shea
03-29-2003, 10:02 PM
I don't remember my dreams as often as I use to. But I've read that it's normal not to remember your dreams. One flying dream that I had I had to eat pumpernickle bread in order to have the power to fly. Then I was given a mission; I had to deliver Dominoes Pizza to Italy.

I used to do free association writing and although it may sound like a strange dream to anyone who reads it, I can explain almost everything that I wrote, just as I can with the pumpernickle dream. If you wish you could remember your dreams, try free association writing. Don't think about the words just write whatever pops in your head. It's kind of hard not thinking at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun and a great stress reliever! ;)

waxmephilosophical
03-29-2003, 10:20 PM
I'll try that...if I can ever find the time. Senior year (high school) is reeeaaallly hectic towards the end! I did it once, and it didn't turn out very well. I guess I was thinking too much.

Jay
03-30-2003, 10:38 AM
I have never had a flying or a falling dream. But I had a lot of dreams I can remember in the morning, some of them I can remember for years :-? . Does anyone also have more than two dreams a night? I mostly have three or four, but then I heard somewhere it's normal.

waxmephilosophical
03-30-2003, 12:20 PM
I actually remember reading that we have way more dreams per night than we remember. I rarely remember mine, but when I do, I've dreamed a lot...I'll remember fragments of multiple dreams that I really can't piece together. Next to the falling dream, I have the running dream every now and then. You know, you're running from something, but your legs will barely move. Sometimes I know what I'm running from, sometimes I don't.

jlwbeulla
04-08-2003, 02:30 PM
Dreams are also very fascinating to me. I've recently learned that a long detailed dream only takes milliseconds to have. AMAZING!! I also beleive that dreams have much value and relevance in out lives. Prophets, for example, see dreams and visions frequently to send messages to God's people. Recently I've read a book that was basically about dreams, and how God just wishes to have communion with us and bring us closer to Him through dreams. What are you dreaming about? Does it have any relevance to your life today?

sweet dreams-
Jenn

imthefoolonthehill
04-09-2003, 12:39 AM
For the last week and a half (a very stressful time for me due to deadlines and everyday crap) I have been remembering my dreams. The first time I did this, it supprised me. I never remember dreaming, let alone my dreams. It was so clear in my head when I woke up, that I decided to write it down. I didn't want to dwell on it all day long. I wrote it down and in an hour forgot everything about it. I told a friend that I had the strangest dream last night. It was so vivid! Then, when I tried to describe it, I couldn't remember even the subject of the dream. I went home and read what I wrote down and was astounded. I am not sure if anyone is interested or not, but here is what I had written. Please excuse spelling and grammatical mistakes; this is unaltered.

it included Aliens, that weird-blue Jedi in Star Wars II, British Safari hunters, my brother, a manor, and small shotguns. The aliens were from Signs and the Safari Hunters were trying to shoot them with small shotguns. Then one of the aliens drew a light saber and morphed into the Jedi guy. All the while the aliens were stealing things from the bewildered safari hunters with their handlebar mustaches. The were stealing hats, wallets, eventually even a gun while the one Safarier was arrogantly talking to reporters or tourists or someting. Then he ran up the roof into a window-through an open window rather. He went into a bedroom surprisingly similar to my brother's. The Father-son team of British safariers were climbing onto the red -o range tile roof. It was like the roof on the CS map Italy. They were shooting at each other-the aliens and the British guys that is. Then the scene switched to inside the room that the aliens were shooting from. It was a dramatic scene, but with only facial expressions-no actual language. Then out of nowhere the scene switches to under my brothers bed... in the same room as the aliens... this is odd because my brothers bed sits directly on the floor. Anyways there were these sheets of paper that the camera or whatever moved through, dodging them and panning into an abyss of darkness. Then, somehow the British guys captured the aliens... it seemed like they gave up but I am not sure. The scene switched to a completely sterile concrete or metal jailhouse. THere was a desk and a couple of cells where the father-son alien team stood and watched. Actors ran out in front of them, pretending to fight or be friendly- trying to teach the aliens their body language. That way the aliens and the humans could start communicating. Then I heard my mother asking me why my alarm didn't go off. I thought that this was part of the dream-though I didn't realize it was a dream. I thought my mothers voice was part of reality. And I thought my dream was reality. Then I opened my eyes and saw myself in bed.

Now I have taken up way to much space, but I think I will post it anyways... just to see the reaction I get.

Shea
04-09-2003, 11:42 PM
Hey imthefoolonthehill, let me guess, you watch a lot of alien or war movies? It was so odd, I almost felt like I was having your dream myself!

What are you dreaming about? Does it have any relevance to your life today?
Jenn

Last night I dreamed that Saddam Hussein and some of his followers (though I've no idea what they look like, I just knew they were them) burst into the building where I worship, and killed half the members of our congregation! What a horrible dream!

I guess because I always thank God in my prayers for me living in a country where I have the freedom to worship in the way I choose, and I feel that, though I don't like war at all, but that it's neccessary for us to keep that freedom, I had that dream as an example to myself to keep disagreeing with the people who protest for peace. (That was a run-on sentence, wasn't it?) I recently saw a sign that said "give peace a chance", but unless that person can convince that philosophy to those people overseas, I'm not going to buy into it.

But, over the last few days, I really haven't been keeping up with current events anyway, so I really don't know why my subconsious choose to have that dream last night!

imthefoolonthehill
04-10-2003, 12:39 AM
Shea- yeah... I do enjoy War movies and Science fiction movies (as long as it is convincing enough to make me forget it is Science fiction). My dream is perfectly explainable... except perhaps for the British Safari hunters... I have recently watched Signs... about a 2 weeks ago. I played Jedi Outcast (PC game) the night before the dream... I have been thinking about buying a Shotgun for a long time... I had a conversation about Counter Strike within a week of the dream... hence the setting... and I see my brother's room every day... So I guess the only thing that made it strange was the fact that my subconcious or whatever brought all these miniscule parts of my life together in one dream.

waxmephilosophical
04-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Isn't that amazing how so many random here-and-there tidbits from our everyday lives can come together in one dream? Every now and then I have those, usually when I'm most stressed out and there's too much in my life to keep up with. I guess my subconscious is better at organizing my life than I am in my conscious state. :)

Chaos Tesseract
04-25-2003, 01:37 AM
Yeah, I have this one reoccuring dream about once every two months. One time I had it three nights in a row. I have it randomly. Actually they started when I was eleven. It is an odd dream. I never really remember what it is, I just know it was the same as the others. I think I might be going insane or something or maybe not, or maybe. Do you know of the gummies that have a texture like a mixture of jelly and gummy bears? They are my favorite, anyway that texture has something to do with this dream. Also all the dreams all different, yet something makes me believe they are the same. One time it was about bells, another it was about a box of chocolates, one time it was a type of death-maze. I don't know. The fact that they are all the 'same' yet are about completely unrealated things might make a good Sci-Fi novel. Quite odd ain't it? ;)

Shea
04-25-2003, 02:20 PM
I wonder if that's the same as my flying dreams. I never felt that I ever had a recurring dream, but definately themes, like flying. They are all different though.

tadpole
04-29-2003, 03:44 PM
This thread is a little old, but I feel like writing. :)

The strangest dream I've had resulted from a graduate history seminar on the Holocaust that I took during my last year of grad school. On the first day of class, the professor noted that each of us (we 7 students) would have a nightmare at some point in the semester as a direct result of the course. The professor wanted to warn us, but he also wanted to ask that we record our dream in writing because he found them fascinating.

I don't remember most of my dreams, but this one I have memorized, which I attribute only to the fact that I was warned I would have it. What's especially strange about my dream is that I can pinpoint the very image that caused it, but let me describe it first:

I wake up in the middle of the night to find myself in my childhood bedroom. I walk to the bathroom, turn on the light and examine my face and neck in the mirror and discover a large pimple on my left shoulder. When I pop the pimple, a half foot of barbwire springs out but doesn't cause me any pain. Suddenly, I discover pimples all over my back (you see where I'm going with this?). My mother then walks into the bathroom, notices all the pieces of barbwire and begins pulling them out. When she finally finishes, I look at my back, which looks as if it's been unzipped, from the bottom of my back to the top of my spine. No blood, no pain. My mother then sticks her hand into my back and digs out a handful of what I can only describe as Spanish rice (blood and maggots, I suppose). And then I woke up.

The dream didn't upset or scare me. Actually, I thought it was pretty fascinating. This course was held once a week for 3 hours, so we had time to watch films and documentaries. The one single image that upset me the most came from footage that British troops took when they liberated one of the camps (can't remember which camp); it was of a naked woman sitting in the dirt just outside a barracks scratching herself silly. The shot of her only lasted maybe three or four seconds, and at the time the narrator had just commented on the number of people who likely died from diseases like typhoid. That was the only dream about the class I had (or can remember).

Sadly, I never asked any of my classmates if they had that one dream that the professor warned them about.

emily655321
05-30-2004, 12:30 AM
This was an old thread too, but I love talking about dreams, so nyah. If you have a new dream, or an old one to talk about, or just something in general about your dreaming habits, this is the place to put it.

I will go for a long time without having a memorable dream, then a week or two straight of like two a night, then none again for months. I can usually recognize where all the things in the dream came from, in my waking life. I don't think I've had too many good ones... maybe two or three in my lifetime. Or at least those aren't the ones I remember. Or maybe it just says something about my life. :rolleyes:

When I was little I had falling dreams a lot. Even non-falling dreams ended with me waking up to that falling-jolt. Also when I would start drifting off to sleep, all of a sudden I'd feel like someone shook the edge of my mattress. One time I thought I still had my eyes open, looking at the light of the open door, and all of a sudden there was this bald, androgenous, calm figure in the doorway. It walked silently over, sat on the edge of my bed, and looked into my face. Then I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep.

Most of my dreams are either overtly scary, or just pervaded by a strong sense of dread and weirdness. Only a couple of times, in recent years, have I actually woken up because of them. When I was little it was all mummies and corpses and skeletons -- the first dream I ever remembered was when I was two, and a skeleton was chasing my mother and me around in the library, and I tried to save her, and it bit my arm and latched on there. In recent years I've written whole books and symphonies, only to wake to realize that they were the lamest nursery-rhymey things ever. :p

Okay, so obviously I have a lot to say. :D As always. But I'll shut up for now. I want to hear about everyone else's.

ajoe
05-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Dreams? All my recent dreams are uninteresting, pretty much reflect everyday's life.

emily655321
05-30-2004, 01:23 AM
Well, they're interesting to other people. I don't know what your life is like. :p
Not that I'm pressuring you to share if you don't feel like it.

simon
05-30-2004, 01:30 AM
If I had had a dream this is what it would have been:
I am a frog with a top hat wearing a cream colored tablecloth draped over my shoulder, that magically changes sizes whenever I need to get bigger, which I do frequently. As to my frog capabilities, I have the radical ability to not jump as my fellow frogs but to sashay round dance floors in a tango that would drop dead anyone in my path. In fact many frogs end up being dead, and in reality, the reality of this dream, they are really all cane toads and thier deaths are caused by cars swerving to hit them strategically, and I am one of them drapped and standing out in my tablecloth in the middle of the road, but before I can be hit a newspaper man sees my dancing capabilities and turns me into a sensation which then turns me into a person, but one covered in warts. And the only way to cure these warts which the public don't approve of is to be launched off into space with a camel, but not just any camel, when we land on hte moon this camel reveals himself to be the camel of camel cigaretts and he is escaping his binding lifestyle becuase he hates smoking and has alwyas hated smoking so he came to outerspace. And together we find a planet and build a playground and swing all day on the monkey bars and make goat cheese from goats that deliver speeches on why roadkill is just another conspiracy theory and drink gin and tonics, and we wear sunglasses becuase we have lost our eyes.

ajoe
05-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Well, not really reflect my life, I guess, just have something to do with my life. One time before a big test, I dreamt of taking the test and then had popcorn for lunch. The last part was because my roommate was popping some and I unconsciously smelt it.

emily655321
05-30-2004, 01:37 AM
LOL :D I wish my dreams were so benign. In third grade I had a dream where I saved a mouse from the wheel of a car, but my hand got run over, and then my dad made me go to this place underground where a youngish man, a woman dressed like a nurse, and a huge hairy guy with a chainsaw were trying to amputate the hand. As a last resort I bit the chainsaw guy's arm, made an "ugh, that's awful" face (cause it tasted awful), they all laughed at me, and then I woke up.

amuse
05-30-2004, 01:55 AM
when i was five or six, i dreamt of a reddish scene; the devil bent nearly double, pounding my little back with a hammer, the blood flowed into this wooden barrel. i woke up sore. what five-year old, i ask you, has a sore back?

simon
05-30-2004, 01:58 AM
One sleeping on a teddy bear.

amuse
05-30-2004, 02:02 AM
oh fine, i take my question back.
what 5-y/o, i ask you, dreams of gore gushing into oaken barrels from their tiny body?

Koa
05-30-2004, 03:29 PM
I hardly ever remember my dreams. Lately I dreamt twice of the guy I have a crush on :eek2:

The weirdest dream I've ever had was a few years ago... I dreamt of John Lennon (!) which is extremely weird as I'm not a fan of him, nor I had heard any of his songs in that period, or heard anything about him... Well I dreamt that he wanted to destroy the world with an electric saw, cos the world sucks...I agreed, but i was invisible, and I had to hide behind a chair cos he could hit me cos he wasn't seeing me... But there was also Yoko Ono (!!!), who was wearing just a vest btw, and she could see me so I had to runaway very quickly, down the stairs (we were at my home, I live in a flat/apartment on the 3rd floor) to where we have the car boxes... It was scary. I think it meant that I wanted to live on, that's why i ran away not to be killed, cos it was a few months after my big depression, and I was starting to be ok.

emily655321
05-30-2004, 03:53 PM
That makes sense. It could also mean that Yoko Ono is trying to kill you.

Koa
05-30-2004, 03:59 PM
*looks around suspiciously* I'll watch out for Yoko Ono then, but it's been like 4 years since I had that dream and she hasn't shown up yet...she might have lost her way! :D

kilted exile
05-31-2004, 05:35 PM
The only dream I remember is from when I was about 5/6. I used to have this recurring nightmare, where I was being chased by Skeletor (from the cartoon series HE-MAN) and he was throwing aball of flames at me.

Yeah, I spent too much time watching cartoons & playing dodgeball.

amuse
05-31-2004, 05:59 PM
do you all keep a dream journal? i do; not daily, but close...my bf looked at it recently, and didn't realize what it was. he said it was crazy. :D
i've since clarified on the inside cover, so that when i go, nobody wonders why i wasn't in the loony bin!

emily655321
05-31-2004, 11:16 PM
LOL :D
I kept diaries for a couple of years, so there are some dreams in there. Once we had to keep a record of our dreams for Psychology, except I didn't have any dreams during that section, so I kept the worksheet and filled it out later, but got bored after the first two and lost it in all the random piles of paper in my room. All I remember from it was something about living in a big white Stepford Wives type house with an insanely green lawn, and something about my parents trying to hide a huge baggy of pot. :confused:

imthefoolonthehill
06-01-2004, 01:07 AM
i've had many weird dreams, from safari hunting aliens, to sock puppets attacking my house.....

Sancho
06-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Last night I saw a cow-girl
She was floating 'cross the ceiling

Last night I saw a naked cow-girl
She was floating 'cross the ceiling

Well she was talking to some Howlin' Wolf
"bout some Voo-Doo healin'

ajoe
06-01-2004, 01:33 AM
I just remember my most recent dream... I went to DMV and finally had a license to drive... and then I drove home instead of my brother, and for whatever reason I went to the wrong lane and of course a police car was driving right by... I got a ticket just a few hours after I got my license! I wonder if that's a premonition...

verybaddmom
06-01-2004, 02:01 AM
ummm..sancho. i believe that was a bearded man's dream...hmmm....

Sancho
06-01-2004, 02:21 AM
Ain't it wierd how Frank Breard was the only one who didn't have one?

emily655321
06-01-2004, 05:37 AM
It keeps me awake at night.

Isagel
06-01-2004, 05:54 AM
Tonight I dreamt I suddenly was at a rollerblades contest. There was a huge spotlight and I was caught in the light. I had a T-shirt with my name and the name of the clinic I work at printed on it. The speaker roared - there is the woman who works at the hospital - she will know how to rollerblade. I yelled -No, no I only borrowed her t-shirt, then turned into a monkey and stole a pie that just happened to be there.

I need a vacation.
That´s my interpretation.

papayahed
06-01-2004, 12:08 PM
When I was younger I dreamed that the next door neighbor's house was overrun with the mean apes from the planet of the apes.

emily655321
06-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Haha! I love your dream, Isagel. :D

I know absolutely that I had a dream last night, but I can't for the life of me remember anything about it. Don't you just hate that? Oh well, if I remember it it will be later tonight anyway. I almost never remember dreams when I first wake up, then they come back to me later.

simon
06-01-2004, 04:55 PM
I dreamed I strangled a screech owl.

emily655321
06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Poor owl. Once in 10th or 11th grade I dreamed that I was sitting next to our next-door-neighbor's driveway (there's no fence between our front yards), and there was a little kitten there. I don't know why, but... you know that feeling, "I wonder what would happen if..."? We learn to repress it when we're young, but it's still always there -- could say the Id, if Freud wasn't essentially discredited. :p Anyway... "I wonder what would happen if..." and I stuck my finger all the way down the kitten's throat. :( :( :( Can you imagine ME having a dream like that??

Koa
06-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Well honestly Em, with that avatar I can imagine anything, and worse! :D ;)

GatsbyTheGreat
06-02-2004, 05:20 PM
I once had a dream that two of my friends started dating, then two weeks later they did. I'm sure I only had that dream because they had been acting unusually affectionate toward each other in the days preceding it, but I still fancied myself as a seer for a week or two. A few weeks ago I went to see my great grandma, an Alzheimer's patient, at the Home. That night, I dreamt she went crazy, broke into the house and threatened me (as she has before). Anyway, it was strange because I swear the house I was staying at was haunted and I woke scared out of my wits. Dreams are fascinating. They usually aren't relevant to the waking world, but fun to ponder over.

emily655321
06-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Well honestly Em, with that avatar I can imagine anything, and worse!

Not with my old avatar, though! :p The old one was representative of me, this one is more representative of. . .um. . .*cough*. . .well. . .*ahem*. . .erm. . .my "compliment," shall we say? ;)

As for dreams, I don't think they hold any significance as to the future, except in whatever perspective you gain from examining them. They're just your mind sorting through all the thoughts and emotions and memories of the recent past. The brain being a slave to its purpose of creating order from randomness, it creates little stories out of them. I think it can actually be dangerous to use your dreams as a guide for future choices, because there's no reason the conclusion drawn by the dream is a wise one; the reasoning part of your brain is asleep while you dream.

amuse
06-03-2004, 12:30 AM
i think that dreams are relevant to the waking world, that some are precognitive, others can tune you in to your past, and that there are zillions of levels to them, from the material to the divine, including lucid and waking dreams, the latter being when an incident strikes someone in "waking" life with the symbolism/message(s) that dreams generally carry.
i also don't think it's a good idea to use dream books much, because only you can make your best dream dictionary.
i'm aware that i'm probably in the minority here, partly because i think that the mind is a good servant but a poor master to the true self, but dreams have prime importance in my life; i've studied mine for a couple decades and would be very incomplete without them.

emily655321
06-03-2004, 01:07 AM
That's cool. There are so many different approaches to the same reality; it makes more sense for many philosophies to be perfectly valid in the case of different individuals, than for there to be one true way of seeing. How could there be, when we're all so different? I agree that, even hypothetically, dream books are bogus, though. They follow the same basic formula as online quizzes.

verybaddmom
06-03-2004, 02:04 AM
well put as. i dont participate in this thread because i dont have dreams. well, let me rephrase that: i may have dreams but i very rarely (almost never) remember any bit of them.
i have had three dreams in my life that i remember, and i have remembered them for years as vividly as when they happened.
one was a purple octopus in my window (i was about five), one was my mother being stabbed in the stomach (thirteen?) and the other was a dream that i dont want to talk about, but was terrilby vivid, and true to my personality (it was reasonably recent too...hmmmmm.....).
my son however, is a lucid dreamer, and i wish sometimes that i had his mental abilities when im sleeping. i guess that when i fall asleep, im just so grateful to be sleeping that i dont want to interrupt it for anything. :yawnb:

Koa
06-03-2004, 07:05 AM
i may have dreams but i very rarely (almost never) remember any bit of them.

Same here. But apparently we do dream every night, just some people don't remember dreams often.

Last night I dreamt of that guy again. I know cos I got up thinking noooo not again.... But I don't remember any details of it.

emily655321
06-03-2004, 03:01 PM
I hate that. Most nights (like last night) I absolutely know I dreamed a lot, but I can't remember any of it. Strange how there's a definite feeling like, "I dreamed last night." I wonder what it is? It's like a memory of a memory of a memory.

emily655321
06-18-2004, 04:20 AM
Az --

I had a dream last night that I went to visit you and your hubby. There wasn't really a plot, just random images and vague dialogue. But it was the kind of dream you think is real, and I woke up surprised that I didn't actually meet you. In the dream your hair was bleached orange. :lol: I was like, that doesn't seem like something Az would do. But the gist of the dream was you wanted to dye your hair, and were asking my opinion of these different color swatches, which you had narrowed down between three shades of cotton-candy pink and three of aqua/baby blue. :D I was very tactful, but wondered how it was possible to dye someone's hair that color. I'm still giggling.

amuse
06-18-2004, 07:21 AM
ROFL :D
thank you for being tactful! how did you manage? :D

amuse
06-18-2004, 07:46 AM
that's so cool that we "hung out." i had a dream about jay once, too. you guys are always welcome in my dreamland. :)

Taliesin
06-18-2004, 08:21 AM
I had a dream about a month ago, where the Swedish king was on an oats-field and ate oats. Then the farmer, who owned the field, came, took the king and tied him to his wagon and took him home. But in home, there was the farmer's grandson, who had been studying in a university in Sweden, and therefore recognized the king.
"Oh, king," the grandson asked, "How can I possibly free you?"
"You can't," said the king, "But this woman - there was a woman besides the wagon- has given me, what a man needs most."
"What is that?" asked the student.
"Ribbons," answered the king.

And then i woke up.
Could anyone tell me what the dream could mean?

papayahed
06-18-2004, 04:36 PM
This wasn't a dream but fairly odd. I was (half) sleeping and I turned over, apparently too far and hit my head on my dresser. :brickwall The dresser is about 1 foot away from the bed so I can't imagine what I was doing. I have a nice little bump on my forhead now (easily covered with make up), has this ever happened to anybody else? Sleeping injury?

Sancho
06-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Oh yeah. I’ve bonked myself before. I should get rails for my bed. I’ve also been bonked by my athletic dreamer of a wife. The other night I’m lying in bed awake while she is dead to the world. Out of the blue, she sits bolt upright in bed, looks right at me, points her finger right in my face, and says, “youuuuuuu, ....get out!” then she flops back down and within 30 seconds she's snoring away. I’ve gotta tell ya, I was a bit unsettled.

papayahed
06-21-2004, 11:09 AM
Hi Sancho, please don't take this the wrong way but as I was posting this I was thinking that if this has happened to anybody else on this bored it would be you.

Isagel
06-21-2004, 11:34 AM
. The other night I’m lying in bed awake while she is dead to the world. Out of the blue, she sits bolt upright in bed, looks right at me, points her finger right in my face, and says, “youuuuuuu, ....get out!” then she flops back down and within 30 seconds she's snoring away. I’ve gotta tell ya, I was a bit unsettled.

I´m so glad I´m not the only one! Once I woke up in the morning and found my boyfriend on the floor. Innocently I asked him what he was doing there.
He claims to have had this dicussion with an evil version of me in the middle of the night-

Me -You have to get out.
Poor boyfriend - What? Why?
Me- You have to get out.
- But why?
- You can´t sleep here.
- But where am I going to sleep?
- You can´t sleep here. Go away.
- But it´s cold.
evil heartless me, staring straight at him- GO!

And he did. He slept on the floor the whole night.
I don´t remember any of it.

Well, it could be worse. A friend woke up, being pushed by his girlfriend hearing her say - No, no , don´t take me, take him.

emily655321
06-21-2004, 04:12 PM
ROFLMAO :lol:

Women are so mean, aren't they? :D ;)

Sancho
06-23-2004, 12:40 AM
Papaya,
Heck, I’ve sleep-bonked myself plenty-O-times; no offense taken. I’m actually kind of proud that my innate clumsiness has somehow shown through this techno-cyber-literary medium to someone.

Isagel,
I’m here to tell you – you’re not alone. Like your boyfriend, I used to have O-dark-thirty conversations with my girlfriend (now wife). Now-a-days I just listen, and occasionally duck a punch or a kick. -- I never should’ve paid for those Karate lessons!

papayahed
06-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Sancho,

I think it's more that I recongnize a kindered clumsy spirit. Since i've been keeping track I have managed to spill my food on myself at least once a week for about 2 months now.

emily655321
06-23-2004, 02:14 PM
I tell you this, as a fellow klutz: 30-lb backpacks and short teenage girls in platform boots and long coats/skirts/*ahem*capes -- do not mix. Especially when they're me. I think by the time I made it out (more or less alive), I had fallen down every staircase in high school. (And I'll tell you, backpacks create a level of inertia that defies physics.)

Sancho
06-25-2004, 12:31 AM
Sounds to me like we all may share more than a love of literature here. Em, you’re crackin’ me up - again. Hey Papaya, I think we are kindred spirits. At one of my jobs I have to wear a tie. Well I call it my “survival tie” because I’ve spilled so much food on it over the years that if I ever got into a tight spot, a survival situation so to speak, I could always boil it up for soup.

simon
06-25-2004, 03:42 AM
Hey, you made me laugh.

Though I am delighted to say that I am not clumsy, I instead have a bizzare desire that leads me to climb trees, dressers, tables, the tops of doors, roofs, anything with height or that is unstable and then suddenly become unable to get down. I have a tendency to climb too high and either fall off or have to yell for help so someone can help me get down. I don't fancy having guys hauling me out of trees, but often when I try to jump down I land in a tight crevice that is impossible to escape from without someone else pushing or pulling.

Libra Swords
06-25-2004, 04:00 AM
My dream that I had last, well a few days ago was where I
met Orlando Bloom and started a serious relationship. I was
Orlando Bloom's Girlfriend!!!! He is sooooo Sexxy!!
Next I could not stop kissing him! Then we both started for
the shower......then you know what happened next.......
after that then I woke up!!

That was the best dream I had ever had in a long time!!
About 5 years too long!!

Real Cool! But it will never happen.

emily655321
06-25-2004, 11:54 PM
Jasmine -- your dream is so good at staying on topic. :p Mine skip from one scene to another so fast that no plot has time to develop. Tarnation, that must be why no movie stars bother to visit my dreams. :D

Simon -- you're part lemur, aren't you? I've always suspected. Or maybe you're a distant evolutionary relative of one of the kittens we're fostering. :D She can barely walk, but she climbs all the way to the top of the cage and then screams because she can't get back down.

evulik
06-29-2004, 01:50 AM
you have so great dreams. mine are: fighting, running, killing, hiding, murdered, alone, wide wide west, Cleopatra, etc etc... is this some sort of mental disorder or something? I fight all the night. If it was of some good to me - lose weight for example, I would not mind. but simple fighting is not really interesting :rage:
and even if I have the scene as Libra, I never see the face and I wake up completely in love ;) without knowing whom I loved during the night... (so I turn left and there is my real guy... never sure if it was him in the dream also :D )

simon
06-29-2004, 02:38 AM
The only time I ever dreamed about a guy we were dancing ontop of a building under construction and he didn't have any pupils, his eyes were all white, and then he fell off the building and that was it.

Emily at last you have found me out, a distant cousin I am, a new species unknown to the world before, with a cat like body and instincts, yet fingers limber enough to type from my perch on a dresser.

Monica
07-01-2004, 04:42 AM
My dreams are so realistic that I sometimes wonder what is reality and what illusion. Anyway, the dream I remember the most wasn't realistic and there was no content in it, but the form was unusual. Everything was black-and-white and additionally upside down. Am I turning mad or something?

amuse
07-01-2004, 12:57 PM
no, you just probably were in a situation that night that was "scrambled" by the dream censor because your conscious mind wouldn't be able to make sense of it on waking.

emily655321
07-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Self-censoring dreams.. :confused: Interesting.

It seems like I dreamed from the time I went to sleep till the minute I woke up. And I can almost, almost remember what they were, but not quite. I know they definitely had plots and seemed to go on forever.

amuse
07-01-2004, 01:20 PM
i almost got seasick last night...was like in this - prepare yourself - warm :confused: antarctica, and looking down :confused: at a 3-D map of earth (in a way, i was looking at the earth, only i was still in antarctica); bodega bay on hwy 1 in n. california was one of the only unspoiled places left on the planet, and it was time for me and some other trekkers to go back to the mainland (inhabited areas). no idea how we got there, but i looked at the huge expanse of ocean we'd have to traverse and nearly got :sick: to my stomach. surprised i didn't wake up! anyway, ended up back in philly doing a bunch of other stuff.

self-censoring is a function of the mind, not the dreams. it's like self-protection. there are ways to bypass it, but until you do that/are ready for the unadulterated experience, it scrambles them. better than waking up mad, no? :)

Koa
07-01-2004, 01:47 PM
A couple of nights ago I dreamt of the b*st*rd I had a crush on again... I sort of got over him after realising how unworthy he is, but I dreamt of him again... And for someone like me, who really remembers no more than 5 dreams per year, dreaming of him 4 times in little less than 1 month is VERY worrying. And this time the dream inolved some nakedness... :eek: :eek: :eek:

emily655321
07-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Oh my. :D

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't dream of "nakedness" :confused:
Or maybe they're among the "13-per-night" ones I'm not aware of?

amuse
07-01-2004, 02:06 PM
teehee ;)

s10cr

emily655321
07-01-2004, 02:27 PM
That's the figure, isn't it? "You dream an average of 13 times a night, even if you don't remember them." I've always wondered what I'm missing.

I hate being left out. Especially when it's my own head. :p

Koa
07-01-2004, 07:27 PM
LOL I actually don't care...got used to it :D Damn I didnt know they were 13...I can't figure how many I'm missing per year, and I don't want to know how many involve and unworthy bastard... :eek:

papayahed
07-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Last night I had, I'm assuming, several dreams.
1)First I was pruning my roses,
2)I was in my house but it was different than the one I currently own and a friend of mine was there with her mother and she wouldn't go in the other room to talk to her mother
3)I was outside of a bar/restuarant and across the street was one of those store front churchs and there was a lot of foot traffic and this guy had on a superman t shirt with writing on it but I can't remember what it said. Anyways he was carrying a box (like the old time cigarette girls) and handing out pamphlets to this church. Then I was in my neighbors truck and we pulled up to the church and stopped infront of the front door to the ministers house (church was attached to his house) and I looked in the front door and the minister was this little skinny guy watching tv in his underwear with his mother. I needed to warn the minister about something (I vaguely think it was that some guy was trying to get the minister in trouble) and I had typewritten pages to give to him as proof, . Then church bells rang and all these guys started coming out of the bar (holding beer bottles and smoking) and went into the church.

Does having a few ****tails before going to sleep have an affect on dreams?

papayahed
07-02-2004, 09:34 AM
****tails = alcoholic drinks

Sancho
07-12-2004, 01:09 PM
OK, OK, OK, so here’s one:
September, 1991; I’m driving from Fairbanks, AK to Lubbock, TX. They give me about 10 days to get there, and I use up most of that time trout fishing and hiking up in the Yukon. So I’m playing “catch-up” and I drive all the way from Dawson Creek, BC to Great Falls, MT in one day. Well, I stop at a Dairy Queen on the outskirts of Great Falls and buy a Chicken Fingers Country Basket and one of those big-ole Bladder-Buster 32 ounce Iced Teas. I’m dog-tired so I get a room at the Best Western (the first bed I’ve seen in over a week) and I fall dead-asleep.

I start dreaming that I’m at this Rollin’ Stones concert. Mick’s crooning away at “Cain’t get no satisfaction,” when I realize that I really need to take a leak. I frantically make my way through the crowd to the back of the arena where, for some strange reason, I have to unchain the door to get out to the restrooms. When I get out of the arena I’m in some sort of hallway. I run to the end of the hallway and I come to another door. I burst through the door into some sort of lobby-like area. There are a couple of people standing around who seem to be taking a keen interest in me and another guy in a cheesy uniform sitting behind a Formica counter. The Uniformed fellow seems to know me and says, “Good morning Mr. Sancho, may I help you?”

Well by that time, I’m pretty much awake enough to know that I’m the only one standing around in the Best Western Hotel Lobby wearing only his skivvies. So, while jogging in place to prevent an even more embarrassing situation, I say, “yes sir, I’m gonna need an extra room key.”

You know, I really think that some people should control themselves and not laugh quite so loudly in order to spare other people’s feelings. Nowadays, when I sleep in a hotel, I like to push some furniture over to block my access to the door.

emily655321
07-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Oh no! :lol: Poor Sancho. I'm glad I don't sleepwalk. That would certainly make travelling difficult.

verybaddmom
07-12-2004, 06:17 PM
oh...Sancho. you definitely have a way of telling a story; not too often i laugh out loud like that. my son actually came running in to see if i was all right. i think he though i'd finally cracked!

Edit: speaking of dreams though, i have been having some the last few nights, and none of them good. its very strange because i rarely remember my dreams and for me to wake up gasping or crying three nights in a row is very very unusual. i dont remember what the first one was, and i didnt even when i first woke up, but night before last i dreamed that my cat was attacked by a dog. it was very very vivid; i could see right into his body through the tear the dog left, and i could even see the whitish tissues covering his organs. the strangest part was that he said to me, in perfect english: "please dont touch it, it hurts like a *****". i woke up with a whole body physical response, like a shock type feeling (once, i watched one of my horses kick another of my horses in the back leg and saw his hock shatter. my body went all numb and everything went black for a second, with that whole "this CANNOT be happening" feeling. we had to put the horse down. that's how it felt when i saw my cat)
then last night (this morning?) i woke up with my pillow and face soaked with tears, actually sobbing, because i dreamed that my boyfriend broke up with me (he's away right now on a military training thing). i couldnt rememeber the reason, although i know he had given me one. i just remember lying on the floor balling my eyes out.
i hope this stops soon.
sorry, im rambling.

emily655321
07-13-2004, 05:46 AM
Poor VB. :( I hope they stop. It's probably because your boyfriend is away, and you have a sense of an upheaval.

It's odd, but my dreams tend not to involve personal relationships. There are people I know in them, but we rarely even interact. But I think I've had two or three dreams in my life that actually woke me up, and they all involved some type of vicious* creature biting into me and holding on. Weird.

*[edit] okay, I remember how to spell now

Koa
07-13-2004, 08:43 AM
Wow, I remembered a dream again... the 5ht one in 2 months! But this time my hopeless crush wasn't involved...yay! (uhm he actually was there in the background of people at Uni)

Today I'm going to have my hair cut (I hate hairdressers...wish me luck!) and last night I dreamt that it was the day after I had it cut and realised I had forgot to pay before leaving the hairdresser...! :goof: And that I realised that at night, and checked my wallet and infact all the money I had brought with me was there, not spent, and the next day I was at Uni and a girl knew I had forgotten to pay cos she was somehow relative to the hairdresser (or to another one?) and she told another girl...So I got the bus to go there and say 'oops I'm so sorry I forgot' and then get back to Uni, and I dont remember why I did it twice, and the second time I met one of my oldest friends, who's in Germany right now but in the dream she was just back and had just gone to talk to a teacher, one I really like but she doesnt have that teacher... Oh and the bus took a wrong way so arrived immediately at my stop but missed the station where my friend had to change bus...Then I woke up I think...
:eek:

Talking of waking up in the middle of the night, it happened to me only once I think, I had spent the whole day reading a book aboutn concentration camps and I had a very quick dream, it felt like a few seconds, that I was in a caoncentration camp and an atomic bomb exploded... I saw it explode, woke up and didn't manage to sleep anymore that night.

Sancho
07-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Koa, oh man, what I wouldn’t give to be able to sleep like that. I get up at least a half dozen times every night.

Thanks VB, my goal here is to have someone squirt Pepsi through their nose while reading something I’ve posted.

I’ve gotta tell you this though, your dream struck a chord with me. For the most part my dreams tend to be shadowy, black and white, partial thoughts, unresolved plots, neurotic resolutions of work related problems, things surrounding my social insecurities, you know, the usual stuff. Occasionally though, as with yours, I dream in Technicolor. I’ve had some horrible nightmares involving traumatic injury to helpless innocents such as my pets or the nieces and nephews or the neighborhood urchins.

A few years back I had a small part in a safety investigation of an aircraft accident. The speed and force of the impact did some very disturbing things to the pilot’s body. Thankfully, he’d mostly been removed by the time I got there, but I still had to go through piles of graphic photographs. Many of them are still stuck in my mind. I really don’t want get into a morbid description of what I had to review but I will mention one relatively tame photo. In this image I initially thought I was looking at a wiring bundle from the instrument panel with some insulation chaffing; it was the splintered bone and tendons of his forearm with muscle tissue chaffing. I’m way too squeamish for that type of work and I really wish that I’d’ve never been assigned to that investigation. Stringy white and red bits and pieces of those images continue to haunt my dreams.

Anyhow, I hope I didn’t bum anyone out with this post. I wasn’t going to post it but as I mentioned earlier VB’s dream struck a nerve.

Koa
07-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Koa, oh man, what I wouldn’t give to be able to sleep like that. I get up at least a half dozen times every night.

I rephrase it: it happened to me only once to wake up because of a dream (or at least, of a dream I remembered). About waking up in general, I consider myself lucky when I pass a whole night without looking at the clock at some weird am time not even once.
(is 'man' just an interjection or has it to be taken literally?;))

Btw when I actually went to the hairdresser's I realised why I had that dream...cos I remembered they're so irreasonably expensive. Oh well, now that it's done I'll let another year pass before I bother again.

And this morning again I got up to the 'sweet' sound of the downstair neighbour's voice... they like to argue at around 8 in the morning... I hate them (I had to get up anyway but it wasn't the first time and I prefer other ways to wake up! :mad:).

verybaddmom
07-14-2004, 04:17 PM
oh koa, i understand completely. at my bf's condo where im staying, there is a couple above me who like to fight at night, complete with slamming doors and screaming obscenities, and below me there is a dog that barks incessantly, starting around six am and continuing until about noon. occasionally that sound is broken up by the shouts of his owner screaming at the dog to "shut up" which then progresses to shouts of the owner, "shut up you stupid @#%$@ing mutt". at this point, i would think the guy would get rid of the dog and start all over again, with maybe a fish.

Sancho
07-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Heya Koa, Correct you are, “Oh – man” was just an interjection. I think it’s a North American expression, which depending on inflection, can mean pretty much anything. Sancho at the beach admiring the new bikini fasions: “Oh – Man” Sancho’s wife after Sancho slammed the door and the soufflé fell: “Oh – Man”

Anyway, I know you is women. What I can’t seem to get into my head is that you’re Italian. It has to do with your screen name. Years ago in Honolulu I bought a ukulele that was made of Koa (a tropical hardwood). Now, when I see your screen name, I picture a Hawaiian woman. I know, I know, I’m a simpleton.

By the way, I think that if I had downstairs neighbors who argued every morning, I would have to take up tap dancing every evening.

Koa
07-14-2004, 06:12 PM
LOL Sancho...I guess I wouldn't mind being hawaian :D I never imagined this could sound hawaian and it's so funny! :D :banana:
Btw when the neighbours are so annoying (including loud tv at around midnight when I have to get up early) I like to beat on the floor with something heavy... War&Peace, which remained on my nighttable for the 6 months I took to read it and for other 4 months cos I'm untidy, served the purpose perfectly. When I finally put it away, I ended up using even my phone... Also, for the 20 years in which we've had other neighbours, my parents always shouted at me when i accidentally dropped something cos it could disturb the poor people downstairs...Now these idiots came and when I srop something I pick it up, drop it again a couple of times then put it back :D

Er...let's close the 'koa rants about neighbours' thread, and let's open a brand new thread about...guess what... Dreams! Who wants to start? :D

Sancho
07-14-2004, 06:23 PM
Heh heh, we don’t have a very good record at staying on subject. Ah well, as ‘Em once said, “Life’s too short to stay on subject.”

Koa
07-14-2004, 06:55 PM
Yes, I've never praised her for it... it's brilliant, it sums it up perfectly!
(even if I believe it was 'life's too short to stay on topic' :D)(can't forget something I read after every single one of her posts ;))

Sancho
07-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Oh-man, you got me!

emily655321
07-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Hehehe. Voila, and here I am. Well, I actually had quite a few dreams lately, so here's a couple.

Sunday or Monday night (and I know why; just part of a conversation I had) I dreamed that there was a possum running around the house, and there was a snake and a large lizard, which for the purposes of the dream was supposedly a snake with legs, and I didn't want the possum around. So the goal of the dream was to induce one of the snakes to strike it and get rid of it, but without getting bitten myself, of course. I never did manage. It just kind of melted into another dream, or I woke up. Can't remember.

Then today (yeah, I slept all day again :( :mad: ) I dreamed that I came into the living room and my brother was decorating the Christmas tree. But of course he was doing it all wrong, and he had only put a very tiny string of lights in the bottom corner, but had already hung ornaments so I shooed him away and was thinking how to get more lights on without breaking ornaments. Meanwhile, I was hanging ornaments all over, and thinking, "you have to stop. You're just making it worse," but I couldn't stop, because I would say, "okay, just one more, though, then I'll do the lights." (Gee, not at all a metaphor for how I live my life. :rolleyes: Nope, no connection there.) Then for some reason I "had to" get the lights on the house plugged in before my mother came home from work, but they're cheapo lights and I couldn't get one of the strings on the bushes to light. But for some reason there was another part to our house, like stairs going up to a landing where our deck should have been, and there was another person's home attached to the back of our house. I could see their tree in their living room, with all these big, bulbous ugly colored lights on it, then I looked down at our tree (which for some reason was now in our back yard, where there is a big pine tree in real life) and it had peach- or brown-colored lights on it, and mother-of-pearl ornaments and garlands all over. It was really pretty. Then I went inside, to fix a plug on the lights, and my mom came home. The whole time I must have half-heard her come home and talk to the cats downstairs, because at that point she woke me up to ask if I would clean the kittens' cage while she went off to do the shelter. And I looked at the clock and it was 5:26pm. :rolleyes: But when she first woke me up I thought, "no! I have to finish the decorations." LoL

I'm always like that. When I first wake up from a dream all I want to do is get back to it and finish what I was doing. It takes me a minute to realize, it doesn't matter, because it was just a dream.

papayahed
07-16-2004, 09:09 AM
This morning I woke up chukling from my dream. I was standing in line at some backwoods DVM (I think) and it was taking forever. Then Lars Ulrich from Metallica comes in and gets in line behind me. We start talking like were old friends, he gives me his number and invites me to a party he's having. Then it cuts to me and unknown friends walking down a country road with like farm houses going to Lars' house.

The baffling part is that it seemed like a continuation of a dream I had a couple of weeks ago. Did I actually have the dream a couple of weeks ago or in last nights dream did I dream i had the dream from weeks ago? huh? Perhaps a dream journal would come in handy.

Does anyone else have continung dreams? Like one night your putting clothes in the washer and couple of nights later you dream your putting the clothes in the dryer?

emily655321
07-17-2004, 12:40 AM
I've had that same feeling. Absolutely. And it drives me crazy, because I know how easily the mind can distort and create false memories. So I don't know if I'm just feeling deja vu, or if I've had a similar dream days or weeks ago, or if I'm returning to a dream I just had earlier that night. And when you dream your sense of time is really different, too, so... But yes, I know exactly what you mean.

I don't like Lars. He's arrogant. I don't think I would have gone to his party. :p

Koa
07-19-2004, 08:48 AM
2 nights ago I dreamt of him again :bawling:
This time he was replying to me in a letter finally explaining me all what has been unsaid... I hate this crush, I've never happened to dream of a person so much. And he's not even worth it. :mad: :mad: :mad:

simon
07-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Does anyone else have continung dreams? Like one night your putting clothes in the washer and couple of nights later you dream your putting the clothes in the dryer?

The part that always puzzles and confounds my mind is the idea of two possibilities, one that you keep dreaming the same dream or that two you have deja vu after a dream, as in your brain in it's complicated makeup strains a jolt and stops working for a second thinking that you did something you already did.

Koa
07-24-2004, 04:16 PM
I forgot to tell that some nights ago I dreamt of THAT guy again! :eek: :eek: :eek:
This time... I was with 2 other friends before leaving for some months...he couldn't come and called on the phone of one of the friends who were with me...talked to her, than to the other friend, than to me, and among other things I don't remember he told me he was sad he couldn't come and that he wouldnt see me for a few months.

How crazy is all this?

nome1486
07-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Sounds aggravating! Maybe he's using telepathic powers to force himself into your psyche...you need to exorcise him!

Koa
07-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Well why he'd be using psychic power to obsess me if he doesnt want me??? :rage: I thought I was on the good way to forget him, haven't seen him for over 2 weeks and I avoided calling him etc, I feel really less caring than 2 weeks ago...still my dreams are haunted... Spooky spooky spooky!

nome1486
07-24-2004, 04:46 PM
That is strange. Dreams are creepy, the way we have no control over them. I usually don't remember much about what actually happens in my dreams, I just remember general impressions and feelings. The strangest dreams for me are ones that are in familiar settings that are also somehow different, and then I have multiple dreams in the same setting but with different stuff happening. It's like my own little world!

Koa
07-24-2004, 04:58 PM
The spookiest thing is that I practically NEVER remember my dreams usually...while I know I've been dreaming of him too much lately. It scares me.

emily655321
07-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Poor Koa. :( I hope it resolves itself soon.

Koa
07-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Dont worry...it will have to.

Last night I had several dreams, for once... I didn't sleep well.
Guess who appeared in one of those dreams? Yes...HIM. This time he wasn't protagonist at least, he was just one among the other people. But now that I think about it, he had nothing to do with them... The others were my best friends and ex-schoolmates... he was there cos in the dream he lived near one of these friends of mine.

papayahed
07-26-2004, 11:09 AM
A guy I work with passed away last summer a couple months afterwards I had a dream I was at work. I was about to go down the stairs when the dead guy appeared at the bottom and started walking up the stairs. In the dream I freaked out and I told him : "What are you doing here your suppossed to be dead" He didn't say anything but just kept walking up the stairs so I told him he needed to leave and at that point I think I woke myself up.

papayahed
08-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Ok, last night I had a dream that I was in a restaurant and my Mom bought this lottery ticket thing to spin this wheel and she won 400,000$.

Koa
08-18-2004, 03:27 PM
In the past weeks I had lots of dreams...and most of them didn't involve that guy!!! But last night I did dream of him...and maybe the previous night too... I don't remember anything else.

The weirdest dream I've had lately was about a serial killer... I don't remember much about this either, but I know I wasn't in the dream but I kinda felt the emotions of the killer, like the urge of hiding... It was like I was watching a film, and I remember thinking in the dream that I didnt want the dream to end cos really it would have been like missing the end of the film... Though I think it had a sort of end.

papayahed
08-24-2004, 09:05 AM
Last week I had a dream I went into work and all the offices were smaller and stuff was missing and there were rumors going around that we were downsizing.

Last night I dreamt that I came into work and my boss fired me and he got all choked up while doing it.

Shea
08-24-2004, 09:17 AM
Oh, I hate those bad at-work dreams, it feels like you haven't slept at all.

I once dreamed that I fell asleep at work, and someone came in and cleared all the shelves. It was eerie because the wall behind the shelves is a mirror so when I lifted my head, all I saw was myself staring back. I looked annoyed the way my boss would. Maybe that happened because I'm always checking my teeth in that mirror after lunch.

baddad
08-24-2004, 09:53 PM
I keep a dream book beside my bed. The book was a gift from my daughter many years ago. In it I write down whatever I remember about my dreams, and I do this as soon as I wake up. Sometimes the penmanship suffers at these early hours, "but it don't have to be pretty to be important".
Sooooo....I rarely glance at the dreams I've written down in the past. I rarely look back at life, as I believe life is in front of me, and everything else is history and inviolate. But I recently checked to see what my dreams have been about and discovered an unsettling feature or theme. I think I am still in love with someone from my past. I mean, I feel 'that' when I am awake, but I ignore it and blame it on a masochistic tendency that seems to be part of my makeup. The relationship was a 'nightmare' ( if you'll excuse the term), and I actually HAVE nightmares where I wake up angry, really agitated and cannot go back to sleep, all connected to this person. This has been happening for almost 5 years.The funny thing about dreams though, is that the subconscious spins out tendrils of energy as we sleep, and a small part of our minds weaves these into some coherent patterns we may later be able to identify through sheer willingness to believe, a process somewhat like seeing familiar shapes in a simple cumulus cloud.
Actually, one of my psyche professors claims dreams (like deju' vue') are just intermittent discharges, misfires of the brain with no connection to anything else, just chemicals on a rampage. Oh well, humans seem to need to assign strength/wisdom to some ethereal powers influencing life.........

verybaddmom
08-24-2004, 10:02 PM
hmmm...i wonder what that could be.....

poehee99
08-27-2004, 10:54 AM
i always have dreams in which friends of mine, who have never met yet, show up and seem to already know eachother. Then, still in my dream, i start wondering how it is possible that they've met since they are in different countries(not that that isn't possible), so i seem to analyze my dreams while dreaming them. does anybody else have that too, or is it just me again...

Koa
08-27-2004, 12:53 PM
I dreamt of that guy again last night... :eek:

amuse
08-27-2004, 05:45 PM
mm...Koa, does he dream about you too...?

bbq13
08-28-2004, 02:01 AM
"I rarely glance at the dreams I've written down in the past. I rarely look back at life, as I believe life is in front of me, and everything else is history and inviolate.
-badad -

i was just wondering baddad... if you really don't care about dreams because they're "history" then why do you even bother writing about them in the morning?? why can't you just go on and forget these dreams and live your life the way you want to?? just wondering...

baddad
08-28-2004, 05:40 AM
"I rarely glance at the dreams I've written down in the past. I rarely look back at life, as I believe life is in front of me, and everything else is history and inviolate.
-badad -

i was just wondering baddad... if you really don't care about dreams because they're "history" then why do you even bother writing about them in the morning?? why can't you just go on and forget these dreams and live your life the way you want to?? just wondering...

Good one!!
but my dreams do not influence my waking life. Also, the fact that I dream about my past is the point I find strange, is the point I was trying to make, because it is my past I waste no time on. The dreams themselves represent an interesting point of study only.
Recording dreams started as a way to indulge my daughter but has now become a sort of ritual, a cleansing of the sleepy spirit. Also, the act of writing keeps me focused, reminds me of what I'm trying to accomplish with my own art, namely getting some of my own works published. And the machine that drives a writer is fairly simple: you write what you know; therefore I'm driven to know as much about as many aspects of life as possible. I've made it a point to explore life from as many angles as possible. Examining my dreams is but a mote caught in the sunbeam of exploration.

Koa
08-29-2004, 10:18 AM
mm...Koa, does he dream about you too...?

How can I know? I havent heard of him for 2 months and he wouldn't tell me anyway... I'm 100% sure he doesnt anyway, remember my love poem about it? And once he even stated (on my request :blush:) that he has no particular opinion of me, so I guess he's bothered about me as much as he is about a grain (?) of dust on a shelf of a library he's never been to. But I've stopped wasting my precious time on him, at least when I'm awake :D

Shea
08-30-2004, 02:41 PM
Here's a dream genre I've never had before,... adventurous! I dreamed that I was following that Wayans guy from Who's Line?, and I was wanting to ask him a question about spray painting my car a different color because I didn't want the sun to heat it up anymore. A woman who looked kind of like my doctor, was also following him and when he wouldn't pay attention to her, she stabbed him in the heart with a pencil and he died! A friend of mine from church was there too, and his role seemed to be just as a witness. The doctor ran off, and I followed her playing "agent" and somehow got hold of her gun that was sticking out of the top of her skirt. Though I was holding it at her, she was real haughty and threatening, and out of fear I fired but there were no bullets the first two times. The third time I shot her in the heart. I kept worrying about being a convict, and had to keep reminding myself about my witness.

Weird! Normally, I have less bizzare dreams, like riding a sled being pulled by a St. Bernard that's wearing a Robin Hood cap with a giant feather that keeps tickling my nose. ;)

Taliesin
08-31-2004, 03:18 AM
I had a dream where I had a giant tattoo on my back. It was a sort of a heraldic eagle (with a very long,snake-like neck)
And then it started whispering. And talking. And heaven knows what would have happened if I hadn't woken up.

papayahed
09-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Weird dream, Last night I had a dream that I was looking in a mirror and my face was all bruised and bloddied, but I wasn't worried because it wasn't going to leave scars or anything but what had me concerned is that my left eye was bigger than the right eye and it didn't move if I tried to look in another direction, and the pupil was red.

papayahed
10-11-2004, 08:40 AM
Another weird dream. First i was outside with a group of people near a warehouse district somewhere and something was going on and people were yelling at me to call 911, but I didn't think the event (whatever it was) warranted a 911 call, but I did it anyways. Next thing I remember, I was in my kitchen and a bird with an orange breast came and sat on my window sill on the inside of the house, I decided to catch it and let it out but it started flying around and I couldn't catch it.

kushi
10-12-2004, 11:58 PM
well, this dream that i had a two nights ago was VERY odd because i generally don't have dreams like these, but i dreamt of my ex boyfriend and this girl he likes...and how..random is that.. and the funny thing is, i dont know her yeah, so its like "uhh how'd you get in my dreams?!" hehe uh yeah..ranndom

kushi
10-13-2004, 12:10 AM
I was dreaming this one time that i was in a classroom and the teacher was askign something and i literally rose my hand (while i was asleep) and started answering the question. A few years later, i was sleep talking and my sister woke me up to tell me, and then a few minutes later, i was awake, telling her about the time that i was raising my hand in my sleep. The next day, she goes around telling everyone i was still sleeptalking after i told her i was awake... but i *was* awake i tell you when i told her!!! leave it to siblings huh... hehe

Jester
10-13-2004, 12:32 AM
I managed to find the best way to get dreams, i remember most of them for about five minutes or so... but I set my alarm for like an hour or so before i get up, i have several alarms each set half an hour apart. After each alarm goes off i turn it off, go back to sleep and have five or six dreams. I read somewhere that looking out of a window when you first wake up will make you forget your dream.

I have deja vu dreams, I swear Ill be sitting somewhere an dbe like, hey i ve been here before when I was younger and there was something happening the next day I would dream about that event and most of the time it came true. One such dream was when I heard soemthing about my freind. SHe was playing soccor and she hit soemone so hard in the chest by acciden that she coughed up blood. That night I dreamt that i did that to her and divided the whole school having everybody hate me except my brother and two of my close freinds. The next day, she accused me of trying to drown her from a life saving course (i did not, i assure you try to drown her) and (i think the poeple upstairs are playing absketball its really annoying) we were no longer freinds after that.

papayahed
10-13-2004, 03:01 PM
Last night I had a dream that I was in a large house with a group of people. We were going around checking all the rooms to see if there were any people in the house, but we had to be careful of the zombies, if you ran into a zombie you had to kept moving and they wouldn't bother you. If you stood still they could "get" you. Once a room was checked a sheet of paper was placed on the door molding with red tape.

Later I was in a "beachy" type bar (old wood, grass tiki hut type stuff) and I was playing simon says.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should stop posting my dreams. I fear all my pshycosis are manifested in these dreams although I couldn't tell you what they are.

Jester
10-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Last night I had a wierd dream that I was in a really really old house and i kep wakin gup next to a dead guy (i think he was my husband in the dream, not married in reality) but my evil ??? step mother wouldn't let me out of my room for her protection. Then I was on the street of an industrialized city a hundred years ago chasing after the ghost of the dead guy to figure out why he was haunting me. He said that that evil stepmother killed him and was poisoning me slowly... and then me and my freinds confronted her, freinds included a boy, guy, man (not sure) and a talking cat.

I woke up to my roomates alarm clock at that point. When I went back to sleep I finished the dream sort of...

We were running away through the hills and my step mother was chasing after us well not her but three of her goons and they said they would let us go if we gave up the talking cat but we wouldn't because the talking cat was either my cat Kushi, or Kushi on the forum... anyway at that point I realized i was dreaming and then it ceased to be a dream but became a story....

All my dreams would make really great novels if I just write them....

amuse
10-13-2004, 07:38 PM
sounds like a past life dream. but that's just my take.

papayahed, re: the 911 dream and birds, that's interesting...often in dreams, cultured have interpreted them to mean death. nice that you were there to call for help. :)

Jester
10-14-2004, 05:19 PM
has anyone ever had a guy with a popsicle stick beard in their dreams. I just woke up from this one and he really freaked me out... nicely combed longish white or really really pale hair and the a mustach/beard made of popsicle stick that looked like polished bones sticking about in every possible direction...

BSturdy
10-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Jester - your dream may signify that subconsiously you wish to change an aspect of yourself that is aggressive and overtly competitive

Jester
10-15-2004, 05:05 PM
Yeah my freinds would have to say i am aggressive, competive, yeah that too.... hmmm maybe i do want to change, but where'd you get that from?

kushi
10-15-2004, 05:09 PM
a birdy told me you were the epitome of of aggressiveness and competiveness hehe...;) :angel:

Jester
10-15-2004, 05:11 PM
A birdy never told you that, I did, and ooooh... epitome is a big word for you...

BSturdy
10-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Jester - that was a joke - pls. don't take me seriously. Forgive me, I couldn't help it. I was going to try and come out with some surreal stuff but my subconscious began to frighten me! I don't know enough about you to accurately understand your dreams, even if I were an expert.

I actually have a friend who wrote a book on dream interpretation but I haven't read it, as I privately dismissed it as a load of bunk. He moved to Nigeria a few months ago (he is 1/2 Nigerian) and recently sent me an email about his experiences that was so well written and funny and interesting, I regret not reading the dream book. I must remember to ask him to get me one.

Jester
10-15-2004, 10:01 PM
i think most of it is messed up too. Too me my dream simply means that I dislike popsickle sticks coming out of a guys face.... I actually turn ahve my dreams into stories that never ever get completed....

BSturdy
10-16-2004, 04:35 AM
Got you going didn't I!

Seriously though - the dream is probably just an amalgamation of things that are on your mind, some could be important to you or they could be trivial: I honestly once dreamt very vividly about something because I was trying not to think about it before I went to sleep.

I don't think I'll get away with much more dream interpretation here now anyway!

Taliesin
10-16-2004, 09:43 AM
The most strange and absurd dream that I have heard is where two big ferries were beating each other with pillows in a dock.
Can anyone beat that? :banana:

Jester
10-16-2004, 01:23 PM
How about me (female) becomeing a man and an alligator walking up the trail and being both at the same time... its very interesting to play both the hunted and the hunter at the same time

mono
10-16-2004, 09:01 PM
I, too, have always loved the subject of dreams, and their interpretation. Apart from my occasional "lucid" dreams, I once had a dream, not long after reading Dante's Divine Comedy, that I climbed the mountain of Purgatory through the seven stages in perfect order; atop the mountain waited my personal "Beatrice." I ended up writing a very long poem about it with a few exaggerated details. Weird, huh?

papayahed
10-18-2004, 09:11 AM
This weekend I had a dream that i was in front of my neighbors house reading his newpaper. He came out to see what I was doing, and at that point my knees were achy so I started doing stretches in front of him and my knees felt better. He invited me in his house and it kinda looked like a tabernacle and there were Nazi's (full uniforms) there and a couple people from work.

I saw a movie earlier that day that had Nazi's in it, so I think that's where they came from.

Jester
10-26-2004, 08:28 PM
i had a dream last night where I was trying to teach all these children how to read and it was the end of the world and older ones didn't know how to read and i was talking to the librarian trying to put together the education system. See it was the end of the world and i had married te ruler making me the unofficial ruler of the world. Thats jsut stuff you ahd to know to understand this......
:confused:

Eric, son of Chuck
10-27-2004, 02:45 AM
Here's one for ya. Anyone here seen the movie "Gremlins?" Well, I spent most of last night being chased by the little buggers. My girlfriend and I were trapped in Koerner Library (Main UBC Library) (http://www.cisc-icca.ca/gallery_images/koerner_library/walter2810.jpg) and racing around trying to avoid those things. Needless to say, a long, sweaty and unpleasant night. Worst of all, I woke up with the Gremlins theme music stuck in my head. Gremlins Theme (Fast Forward to about :50 secs in) (http://johnnyrico.future.easyspace.com/Themes/Film/Gremlins.mid)

papayahed
11-03-2004, 10:45 AM
This February I'm planning on running in a 5K, I'm currently training to decrease my time for this race. Last night I dreamed that I was talking to some unknown, unfaced person and this person was telling me that only around 5 people are gonna show up for the race and that nobody likes doing this particular race.

crisaor
11-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Gremlins, what a great comedy, and the sequel was even better. :lol:

lazy cat
11-05-2004, 08:30 AM
My dreams are nightmares...almost every single one :(

Eric, son of Chuck
11-06-2004, 05:28 AM
Lazy cat, that's no good. No good at all. Are they recurring, or fairly varied?

Jester
11-06-2004, 03:11 PM
yes well, in the mummy returns you got those little pygmies well mix them with the predator after he takes off that mouth piece and you have what was in my dream except i was this guy (im a female but frewuently i have dreams where Im the oppisate sex) and it was raining and there was this little chinese woman helping me out and giving me soem inofrmation on how to defeat these aliens.

How come little chinese men or woman who ar eold start to represent unbounding amounts of wisdom in movies, sotries and dreams? Not to be offensive but is it like becuase of confusious or buddhist thinking or soemthing like that or do they jsut appear wiser then say the way gandalf or sumbledore looks???? you can add santa into that catagory but santa jsut freaks me out a little like God does, "he sees you when you're sleeoing he knows when you awake....." :santasmil

amuse
11-07-2004, 02:38 PM
i dreamt last night of this closed box lying on my belly while i slept; it was full of natural cough drops. then i woke up and this cat jumped out of it. it had beautiful purple/yellow rimmed eyes and was trying to clamber up onto a recliner, sort of pulling itself up by its arms because it was too weak to jump.

Jester
11-07-2004, 04:47 PM
awww.... maybe the cough drops are telling you that your gonna get sick soon.... you should probably get some jsut in case ;)

Monica
11-09-2004, 02:49 PM
i had a dream that i was dying. it lasted for a veeeeeeeeeery long time and i could feel my heart stopping and my mind turning blank. it felt as if i was drifting or flowing and then St Peter came. it was weird :nod:

amuse
11-09-2004, 06:28 PM
maybe your dream is telling you to stock up cough drops. ;)

seriously, that's very cool. sounds like a spiritual milestone - heartstopping rapture and all. was it lovely waking up?

Monica
11-10-2004, 06:00 AM
you know it was so realistic that after waking up i didn't really know what was going on. but i didn't die entirely in my dream it was just that feeling of dying. still it scared me a bit. :eek2:

mono
11-10-2004, 01:52 PM
How mysterious, Monica. I wonder if anyone could classify that as a 'lucid' dream. Take things easy, anyway.

papayahed
11-12-2004, 03:31 PM
I had a dream that the vp of my company passed away. For some reason from his insurance company all the employees got checks for one hundred dollars, then a memo came out from the pres suggesting that we donate our checks back to the company in memorium.

Jester
11-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Yesterday I had a five minute dream taht was really vivid. I got my mail and one was a check or something and the other was a small box. When I opened it up there was a tiny, tiny gift wrapped in there and then I unrolled it it was a deck of cards, one of those miniture ones. There was also a miniture card of the same size in there and instantly I knew who had sent the package though it had no name on it. It was an old friend of mine, an off and on crush very annoying to have someones dreams toy wiht your conciousness and hopes.... very very disturbing too... wish they would leave him out of my mind, argh... hmmm oh well... hey i feel better now. :wave: :p

Taliesin
11-14-2004, 06:45 AM
Had three nightmares two days ago.

Dream no 1:

We dreamt that our school director became a christian fanatic. Terrible. At the beginning he was going to ban the math camp we were going to have. (the last three days We were IRL in a math camp) because he thought that it wasn't christian enough. So We made up a lie and got permission for the camp. When We came back, We think he praised all of us for being such good christians, and compared us to some other people who wanted to haave some other camp (he thought that the other camp was utterly too pagan to be allowed) Then the dream changed.

Dream no 2: A strange combination of an American village and chess. The village had chosen something else as democracy as their ruling system, but we couldn't understand what it was. We were playing chess against the village because the government ordered so. Then I saw that some of the pawns what defended the other buttons/men were completely unprotected. We took them down and it was the beginning of the end for the village.
And suddenly it was no longer chess. It was people of flesh and blood. But We couldn't stop the massacre. Terrible.

Dream no 3: The most terrible dream of them all.
What was it about? Very simple, very realistic - Russia waged war to Estonia so all male people 14 and older were put to arms. (We are 16.)
And it was terrible. We have had no training at all and we knew that We wouldn't make it. (plus We are not sure if We could shoot another human being) We were afraid. There was no heroism, only simple, truebreed fear.

GatsbyTheGreat
11-19-2004, 02:07 AM
I am REALLY sorry for bringing such an old topic up, but I had a really bad dream, and as I like the people on this board, and this is the only board I really go to, I was wondering if I could get some feedback from you guys.
I can remember almost nothing from the dream except a CIA agent walking up to my friend and telling him to "run" while he still could, or something of the like. There was a foreboding air of catastrophe, like something had gone wrong and now innocents would pay for it. I remember images of people, but nothing storywise other than what I just told you. The dream had an over all freaky atmosphere. The reason I feel I need to write about it is because I woke up crying, cried for thirty minutes while my friend tried to console me, and am crying right now thinking about it (the dream took place at least two weeks ago).
I have two current theories as to why this dream affected me so much: 1) Something really bad happened in it, something so bad that I blocked it out completely, or 2) Nothing really happened, but dramatic images flashed on the screen of my subconcious. They had an affect on me similar to that of a movie preview. You know how sometimes you'll see a preview to a movie and the scenes will be so dramatic that, even though you don't really know the plot, it moves you in a way? I've been having trouble explaining that one, so sorry if it doesn't make sense.
And sorry for reviving this old topic, I just need a board to take this to and this is the one I trust the most.

mono
11-19-2004, 02:27 AM
Very interesting dream, Gatsby. I almost know not what to say except that its reality makes no more sense than to you. I recommend you to merely follow your own intuition; if you feel somehow something should occur, you should act, but it could result in being but a dream, having a basis in nothing except imagination. I wish you the best of luck, Gatsby, and I hope you haev nothing else disturbing your sleep.

papayahed
12-06-2004, 09:30 AM
Last night I had a dream I was in my old High School and I was cheering on the basketball team (I never went to a high school basketball game in my life). Then the last think I remembered when my alarm went off is a wooden cube.

mono
12-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Last night I had a strange dream too of playing a piano on which the white keys were made of maple leaves, the black keys consisted of oak leaves, and the piano pedals were made of large tree roots; even more odd - I played a song I know not how to play!

minghui
12-08-2004, 04:42 AM
hi .i am a freshman here ,but i find the forum are interesting and helpful.everyone have his dream,mine is to run my own school,although i know it is for from my condition ,but i don't think it is not practiceable .i find that our school have so many problems ,it is due to slow down the speed of the economic develope .
may everyone have good days ,and may your dreams to come true !

papayahed
12-16-2004, 11:03 AM
I had one dream where a friend of mine threw herself a birthday party at a local restaurant/bowling alley and I didn't know it but she invited everybody from high school (We've been out of school for over 10 years now) and while I'm at this party all these people I used to know kept showing up.

Then last night I dreamt I was puttering around with my houseplants and two of them were dead and onebarely had any dirt in the pot. And this morning a lady at work gave me two hibiscus plantlets.

mono
12-17-2004, 01:15 AM
Last night I had a strange dream that a friend of mine (a photographer) became a painter, and he decorated his imagined, ridiculously-large house with Munch-meets-Klimt paintings on the walls, ceilings, and floors. We exited outside into the most beautiful garden I can imagine, rich with blooming colors, in which he dug up a box full of money that he counted out to me, then buried again.
For some reason, I have often had dreams of meandering around extremely large houses with multiple stories that I have not mentioned here; and always I have a guide very familiar to me . . . strange!

subterranean
12-17-2004, 04:03 AM
I never had such advance dreams..Perhaps the most interesting dream I had was when I dreamt that I receieved B for my thesis. Fortunetly, that dream was not came to real, coz I got A :).

papayahed
01-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Last night I dreamt I was laying on the floor of a castle, I'm pretty sure it was
Louis XIV. We were going to surprise the King by waking him up with an orchestra playing, but when the orchestra started it sounded horrible instead of melodious. I noticed there was a pair of big, thick glasses on the floor that was causing the reverberations. I picked up the glasses and took them into the other room to give the glasses to the conductor, I started to go up to him but he gave me the "I'll be with you in a minute" look. The conductor then motioned someone to start playing again and it sounded much like my alarm clock, low and behold it was my alarm clock. I hit snooze but couldn't get back to that dream.

scotti2hotti
01-30-2005, 12:44 AM
do we have control of our dreams, or are theyfortold by past events,therfore fortelling the future as we subconciously see it?

papayahed
01-31-2005, 10:31 PM
I think my dreams have a lot to do with what I drank before I went to bed.

baddad
01-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Dreams are the excess energy of the brain bleeding off, misfiring in random patterns as we rest. REM sleep is quite deep, yet can be influenced/interspersed with intense feelings towards something in our lives previously occupying our waking minds.

Or.......maybe it was the 8 beers .........

Turtlemother
02-03-2005, 11:14 PM
Hello.

just joined this group, and forum... will speak later re dreams... and other things... was looking for Wind in The Willows, and appearance of Pan in that lovely little novel...
later.

amuse
02-04-2005, 12:03 AM
Glad you could make it! :)

papayahed
02-04-2005, 12:47 AM
I had a dream last night that I was at the bar down the street. The bar has an outdoor patio, but the dream patio looked nothing like the actual patio and people from my past kept showing up and me and this guy I used to work with had to make a beer run to the corner store (which is weird since we were at a bar) because more people than expected showed up.

Helga
02-07-2005, 04:46 AM
I had a dream about my pregnant friend and that she will have a boy.. this is isn't the first time I dream of the gender of an unborn child but it is the first time I dream it is a boy. I have never been wrong and I'll be d@mned if I am wrong now, we will know in a month...

papayahed
02-07-2005, 05:06 PM
I had a dream saturday after a friend of mine did something kinda cheesy to me.

I was cleaning the house and a couple people were there (the nameless faceless variety) helping me clean. One of the poeple mentioned I had a mouse problem which really creeped me out. Then all three of us turned and look and there was a dead rat in this decorative bowl on the entertainment center. One of the people took the rat and gave it to my dog who ate it in a couple of bites.

So, is my friend the rat, am I the rat? my dog can't eat a rat with out ketchup.

Taliesin
04-23-2005, 03:07 PM
We had a dream half a year ago that we had remembered but about what we hadn't thought until now.

The first half was a normal dream - we were playing a computer strategy game, Pharaoh, in which you have to build ancient egyptian cities.
Of course, in the dream, it was much more advanced and real and we were of course in the city so on. We remember this thing when we built a great wall to protect my city from barbarians or someone.
Anyway, we finished the wall and then the barbarians came.
And then there was some sort of message from higher powers to use some kind of divine weapon (a great lump of metal on a railway in the air) to break the gate. We did not. We used some kind of good and old ordinary metal. The second the thing touched the gate, everything went black.

Now we are getting to the second part of the dream.
We were old. Really old, like eighty years or something. And we were walking on a narrow sand road. There was a line of palm-trees on both sides of the road. Outside the lines of trees, there was an endless desert. (the egyptian theme continued) And a young girl guided our way. We held her hand. There was that overwhelming feeling of peace, a feeling so strong and powerful that it was almost frightening. It held that kind of sadness. We wanted to protect the girl, but maybe it was she who protected us. We do not know. We think she was not a human but some kind of powerful silent spirit but we are not sure. She guided our way and the sun shone through the branches of the trees. Silence and peace. It was that kind of peace where nothing matters any more. We were in the place that's between life and death and we were passing through.
We reached the end of the road and the end of the trees. There was a narrow strip of sand between us and The Field of the Reeds (that is sort of an ancient egyptian paradise) The reeds swayed in the wind.
But we didn't dare to pass. We were afraid because of the girl and we didn't know what dangers could attack us when we passed through those few meters. We stood there and watched the swaying reeds. The powerful and sad feeling of peace continued.

And then it ended due to our alarm clock.

Helga
04-23-2005, 03:47 PM
I had a dream I was digging a hole in a football stadium with a girl I knew as a kid but is to 'good' to talk to me now. Well, we were digging and I think we planned to sleep in the hole. It was dark so we could hardly see eachother, then we heard a noice and she wanted to check it out but I am so scared of the dark and I begged her to stay but she disapeard behind a small hill. I was really scared and crawled out of the hole crying. When I got out of it I saw two ravens and they were standing on a cross I think it was a grave. I was so scared that I put my hands over my face and screamed.

When I screamed in the dream I kicked out in my sleep and hit Spock, I slept with the light on and Spock by my bed.

imthefoolonthehill
04-24-2005, 04:51 AM
I keep on dreaming that people are crying blood

it has only happened to two people, seperately... and always there is only person in the dream. there is nothing else in the dream.

both are girls i've liked. I've had this dream at least 6 times, the last time being last month.

i don't know what it means, if our dreams mean anything.

they are silent while weeping.

papayahed
06-03-2005, 05:55 PM
I had a dream that I was driving along in my car and I looked at the dashboard and it showed my engine temperature was in the red, so I was kinda in a panic to get to the mechanic to get it fixed before the engine died.

Bongitybongbong
06-03-2005, 07:53 PM
worst dream ever....Was fighting to rescue a girl I like and after what seemed like a war, I rescued her. She then left with someone else because I'm not the "knight in shining armor"...I was more of a real man.I now hate fairytales because I can always see how someone can get screwed out of the truth or something of the sort

GruesomeBugman
06-03-2005, 07:57 PM
every dream I've ever had has started out wonderfully peaceful, and about half way through someone always tries to kill me and it gets quite crazy.
It was disturbing when I was little, now it amuses me =)
Though it does freak my girlfriend out.

Bongitybongbong
06-03-2005, 08:01 PM
yeah that would freak out the average or normal...

GruesomeBugman
06-03-2005, 08:02 PM
it's not all that odd, at least not in my mind, just kind of curious.

Helga
06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
I hate dreams, I never feel good after dreaming a lot. I'm always killed or teased...... something bad. I hate it when something kills my dog!

GruesomeBugman
06-03-2005, 08:45 PM
my dreams are always death related as well =)

Helga
06-03-2005, 08:57 PM
I don't like that. I have talked to a shrink, and everybody I can think of, everybody seem to belive it's a part of your sub-contious tearing you down and that you release your anger or disapointment on yourself in that way.

I kinda believe that. I think

GruesomeBugman
06-03-2005, 09:01 PM
could be..

Rachy
06-04-2005, 03:44 PM
I have really weird random dreams. But I think thats because I've always had a huge imagination. Some of my dreams I've even made into stories, it's almost like the creative side of my brain carries on even when I'm sleeping.

Take last night, I dreamt that I was in a slave field, and was working as someone who had come to help them. We carried big sheets from beds that had loads of seeds in them, and we were almost shot because they thought we were trying to steal them, but once we finished we all sat in massive rows, and it was a small community and even though they were slaves they still enjoyed life, and because we helped them we were given a sacred tatoo, where they put heated up metal on and then a special powder, and barely anyone gets them.

It's strange, but it can defiantely be used when I need ideas for things.

I also had another dream where some one had a baby, and it wasn't wanted, so they tied up the mother, and the child, put them both in a small boat, and pushed them down the river, and the father went looking for them, and was begging around all the rich peoples houses, but they couldn't understand him, so they just turned their backs on them!

I'm quite disturbed............Lol.

mono
06-05-2005, 12:27 AM
I have really weird random dreams. But I think thats because I've always had a huge imagination. Some of my dreams I've even made into stories, it's almost like the creative side of my brain carries on even when I'm sleeping.
I can easily relate, Rachy, having turned many of the plots from my dreams into poems, or inspiration for plays.
Oddly, I have also put myself, in my dreams, in the place of fictional characters, including Dante, climbing the mountain in Purgatorio for my "Beatrice," and metamorphosing in a rather strange manner, similar to characters in Ovid's Metamorphoses, both of which I wrote about later.

Monica
06-05-2005, 07:16 AM
You're lucky, mono, that you can use your dreams in writing. Have you ever had the same dream for a longer time? I once had the same dream for a whole week, and what's even more weird, I knew that it was a dream and I always wanted to stop dreaming it as soon as possible. I was standing near some abyss and I knew that to wake up I only had to jump. It was frightening :eek:

Rachy
06-05-2005, 09:28 AM
I once used to dream all the time that I went to a ball park thing and there was all these pieces lying on the floor and it said "Don't put these pieces together!" on a label, so obviously I did, and it turned into a gorrila, but it was white with red eyes, and it chased me around the park and I dreamt that every night at one point. I used to stay up until my dad went to bed and then cry on my bed and make him stay there until I fell asleep. I was only about 6!

Bongitybongbong
06-05-2005, 10:39 AM
You're lucky, mono, that you can use your dreams in writing. Have you ever had the same dream for a longer time? I once had the same dream for a whole week, and what's even more weird, I knew that it was a dream and I always wanted to stop dreaming it as soon as possible. I was standing near some abyss and I knew that to wake up I only had to jump. It was frightening :eek:
That's pretty bad, but I've had a dream that continued for about a week. My dream just picked up a little bit before it ended the night before.

Rachy
06-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Last night I dreamt about my best friend, which was really strange because we were kissing, wow never knew I felt that way! I hope it didn't mean anything because its confused me now!

Nightshade
06-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I had a really weird dream last night!
It was abou George w. BUsh as I said it was wierd he was a tree ( like the logo pinochio was made of> anyway he is prtending be human because he has this obseesion with george washington?
and I know this because I was some boy ( oh dear what would freud say!) but also myself if you get that? I was like 2 people anyway the boy who was my non-exsistant brother was the rencarnation of some english lad who went over in the reveloution and lived in the "colonies" among the "upstarts" anyway he the last life guy knew Washington and reecognised the tree as being a seedling from the fmous cherry tree?
Anywho I was me again and trying to expose bush only no one would belic=ve me then I was the brother again and there were all these houses mad out of sea coral
then I woke up!!

as I said totally random!1

Bongitybongbong
06-09-2005, 04:15 PM
wow that's insanly weird

Nightshade
06-09-2005, 04:19 PM
yeah as specially as *OOPS POLITICAL POINT*

Bongitybongbong
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
that's a loop hole because the dream didn't have politics...just a figure head

Nightshade
06-09-2005, 04:29 PM
No there aactually was a lot of politic thatbI left out including violance some psychology deciving the public an Oedipus complex dilusions and meglomania....
hum is this too political? I didnt say who did I I could be talking about Hitler you know

Bongitybongbong
06-09-2005, 04:32 PM
No there aactually was a lot of politic thatbI left out including violance some psychology deciving the public an Oedipus complex dilusions and meglomania....
hum is this too political? I didnt say who did I I could be talking about Hitler you know
wow i guess i'm wrong then

Nightshade
06-09-2005, 04:45 PM
yeah Im naturally a very political person and have been supressing it latly so must be expressed by dreamsssssss

Bongitybongbong
06-09-2005, 04:48 PM
that's understandable

Nightshade
06-09-2005, 05:00 PM
UKK my psychology course has finally got to me next Ill be dreaming about frued
eeeeeeeeeeeeee if that happens Night will ponaiously combust and Aragorn will appear in her place!

Bongitybongbong
06-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Now that's pretty freaky deaky dutch.

Nightshade
06-09-2005, 05:12 PM
actually he was a german Jew living in Austria or was it venice dash I need to know these things

Bongitybongbong
06-09-2005, 05:16 PM
actually he was a german Jew living in Austria or was it venice dash I need to know these things
no you were right the first time..he ws a German Jew in Austria.

Rachy
06-11-2005, 01:24 PM
I remembered a dream last night (ironically when I was lying in bed and finding it very hard to sleep!), it was about Godzilla, and it had a massive warehouse thing, where he was storing pods, that were people that he had captured and like "baked" them until they become his offspring, and then he went walking around, and I was in like a massive building in New York, and he ripped the wall off and was chasing us and we finally got out and everyone was just going crazy in the streets, but then one dey he just disappeared! Very Strange!

Rachy
06-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Last night I dreamt that I was in driving around in a car and I was looking for my boyfriend who was Joshua Jackson (MMMMMMM!!!) and I finally found him and he was in a car, so we were driving along next to each other, and I called him, and we started having a massive arguement because he wanted to break up with me, and wouldn't tell me why, and I'm crying my eyes out, so I turn around and go home and I'm sitting in a bar and he walks in and just sits at the other end of the room, it was horrible!

Koa
06-23-2005, 04:14 PM
Wow, I had a dream for the first time in ages... But now I forgot what it was about...:rolleyes:

Rachy
06-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Wow, I had a dream for the first time in ages... But now I forgot what it was about...:rolleyes:

I do that all the time, and then someone will say something and it will suddenly all come back!

Koa
06-23-2005, 06:32 PM
It hardly ever comes back to me :eek:

papayahed
06-24-2005, 09:42 AM
Last night I had a dream that I was in a plane with my uncle and his family. We got to our destination and drove in an SUV to a cottage in the woods, after a short time it became evident that there were zombies trying to get us. The cottage became a meeting place for all the non zombies in the area. Some people pulled up in a pick up truck and brought bottles of liqour so we all did a shot of tequila. Then my uncle, his family and I got in the SUV and we were going to try to convoy out of the zombie infested area.

Rachy
06-26-2005, 02:19 PM
I had a dream about a plane last night! :D I always get that right before I go on holiday! But mine was good because I got engaged on a plane to this really really good looking guy! Hehe, I knew him, but I've never spoken to him n when I look at him I think I'm going to die! Ahhhh Lust! What a horrible thing it is!

Beaumains
06-26-2005, 04:54 PM
Heh, I can't recall the last time that I had a dream (at least, one I remembered). It kind of leaves me feeling left out; what exactly is it that causes an abudance of dreams in some while a lack thereof in others? Does it have to do with the deepness of one's sleep?

Cheers

kilted exile
06-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Heh, I can't recall the last time that I had a dream (at least, one I remembered). It kind of leaves me feeling left out; what exactly is it that causes an abudance of dreams in some while a lack thereof in others? Does it have to do with the deepness of one's sleep?

Cheers

I believe I am correct in saying that dreaming occurs mainly during REM sleep, which is light sleep. I also think that people having less REM sleep if they are overtly physically active during the day.

*at least thats what I remember from my intro. to psych class (I'm sure someone else will be able to provide a fuller explanation)*

papayahed
06-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Last night I dreamt one of the stems on my glasses was bent in the wrong direction.

That's all.

Monica
06-28-2005, 01:34 PM
I dreamt a terrifying dream. I dreamt that U2 couldn't come to Poland because Bono lost his voice :eek2: :bawling: :bawling:

Helga
07-04-2005, 07:45 AM
I just woke up from a scary dream. it started great, I was in love and me and my boyfriend were happy. I had a great friend (I actually do) and she and her boyfriend were happy and everything was great. My mom didn't like how fast our relationship was growing, but I didn't care, I was in love. He asked me to marry him, and I said yes. we had a great wedding I looked like a whip of cream. My best friend sat next to me at the high table. I was laughing and kissing my husband. All of a sudden , he is dead. I cry and cry and have nothing to live for. my best friend comes around and takes care of me, but she can't do anything. I'm just dead inside. suddenly it's been years since he died and I'm sitting at a cafe, a boy starts talking to me and sees my ring. he askes if I'm married and I tell him that I'm a widdow. he goes away and this is what I'm left with, nothing.

Bianca Fransen
07-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Wow, what a terribly sad dream!! I can imagine nothing worse than losing the person you love to death. My ex has another girlfriend, but at least I can still talk to him and fantasise that maybe he will change his mind. I don't call him often, but the thought that I CAN, makes all the difference. Are you just as sad in real life as in your dream, Helga??

I moved to a house with 5 people (3 guys and 1 other girl).. and I dreamt we all had to sleep in one room and worked together in some sort of factory. It was not exactly bad, but a bit strange. And there were 2 girls in my dream who were having a child together. They were also staying the night and arguing how the one girl got pregnant. And all this time I was thinking: must'n't there also be a man involved to get her pregnant? Somehow it was suggested that the other girl had gotten her pregnant. It was a vague, incoherent dream. I am happy to have my own room ;-)).

Keltic Banshee
07-04-2005, 05:26 PM
For quite some time I could hardly ever remember my dreams... I slept as a rock, it was really hard to wake me up in the mornings and, if I dreamt, I didn't remember my dreams in the morning... except when I woke up with a clear "image" in my head, from which to start writing a scene, and perhaps even a short story.

But things have changed a lot in the last months... now I'm a light sleeper, nearly every sound or light or whatever wakes me, it takes me ages to fall asleep and even when I manage to do so, I spend most of the night "half-awake", this point between sleeping and being awake when I am aware of being dreaming, sometimes can even modify the "plot" of my dreams. And it's annoying... I wake up tired in the morning, nearly as if I hadn't slept, and somehow yes, my body may relax for the night, but my mind doesn't "switch off" for the night.

The only good point of this is that I wake up with a lot of ideas to write... pity that I don't manage to finish most of the scenes I start, even less make a story of any of them. The bad part: people around me complain because I'm always too tired to do anything, I find it hard to get myself to do things, and well, I guess you can imagine the rest. Still the docs say there's nothing wrong with me, that I should just "relax and calm down" and I would be back to normal again... as if I were streesed :bawling:

Well, anyway... when I started to write this post, I only meant to say something like "if I ever remember my dreams, they can be found in my stories (posted a couple of them lately somewhere on this forum), and probably I will finish writing another one soon, if I ever get myself to working on it"... but it seems it got somewhat longer than that...

Wish you all the best,
Keltic Banshee

Helga
07-04-2005, 08:07 PM
well Bianca, I am depressed as some of you know and I think this was just me scaring myself because the boy who died....happens to be a guy I really like, or I think so.

Koa
07-05-2005, 09:26 AM
I had another dream I remembered when I woke up, and as usual I said to myself 'wow, I have to keep this in mind', and now it's totally gone.
The only thing I remember now is that at some point the guy I liked last year appeared even if he had nothing to do with the rest of the people in the dream, well it was him but he didnt look exactly like him, but much hotter :blush:
It's actually scary, the only period of my life when I remembered dreams was when I liked him, and now he's the only memory left of a dream, and I dont even give a damn about him anymore :eek:

Rachy
07-05-2005, 11:24 AM
I dreamt my next door neighbour took me driving with one of her two sons, and we got to the middle of no where she was like, I'm leaving, will you look after my sons? I said "What about Alan? He can look after them" and she said, "No, he can't hes not good enough" so she drove us home and just drove straight off. I gave Alan back his sons, and went looking for her, but all I could find was her car. Then the two boys just turned up at my house and they didn't want to live at their house, so I let them sleep in these two harnesses that I had next to my bed. It was so strange!

papayahed
08-03-2005, 09:55 AM
I had a dream that I was at a mall/tv show taping someplace where Jimmy Buffett was going to perform a song (not the concert). He was going to sing this song about outer space and he was suppossed to ride up a glass elevator and get off at the top and do the song. The elevator went to the top but Jimmy didn't get off then the elevator started to go back down really quickly almost like Jimmy was falling. When the elevator landed at the bottom Jimmy fell to the ground but then jumped back up.

mono
08-03-2005, 02:23 PM
I forgot to mention a strange dream I had a few nights ago - a very short dream, but weird.
I had a dream that my alarm began its usual noise to wake me up, then, in my dream, I woke, and turned off the alarm.
Then, I really did wake up, out of my dream, and noticed my alarm had a mere two or three minutes until beginning its obnoxiousness. :confused:

papayahed
08-29-2005, 09:32 AM
I had a dream that I was going to this store to sell back some CD's. I got there and the guy at the counter was kinda "red" in the face and shiney, like he had ointment on him. I went further into the store and all the people working in the store were like that, then this guy walks out from the back with nothing on but his underpants and he was red and shiney from head to foot. One on the workers mentioned that they all got a rash from something and it wasn't contagious so I didn't have to worry.

I don't know if this was the same dream or not but my right arm started getting "funny" it turned red and it was just hanging there, then it turned blue and grey striped, then I decided I had to fight the disease so I fixed it from the inside, like Alvin Maker.

Oh then I dreamed that I was wiping mustard off of a coworkers shirt and while I was doing it he had his hand on my butt.

dejosc
08-29-2005, 09:40 AM
my worst nightmare is where every human trns one by one into pigs by going nto the coal shed to light the fire, and now im writing this it sunds like it has meaning but then i remember i was 3 when i had this dream and although im bright im not that bright

papayahed
09-12-2005, 01:50 PM
OK last nights dream was kind of funny. The part I remember was that I was in bed but my bed was in the plant I work at. Two maintenance guys were sitting on their stools near my bed and I was being stupid and joking around with them by batting my eyelashes, we were all laughing then I decided to tease them by uncovering my knee (the blankets were pulled up around my neck) I uncovered the knee and my pajamas were black and white striped - like a prisoners.

Aurora Ariel
09-13-2005, 10:37 AM
I didn't dream last night, but I'm curious as to if anyone else keeps a personal
DIARY OF DREAMS?Maby as well as a usual diary or a digital Diary of Dreams?This was originally the name that a writer gave to his book centuries ago...

Themis
09-13-2005, 02:00 PM
I don't remember what I dreamt last night but I know that my dreams are usually very complicated.
@Aurora: Do you know the author's name of that book?

mono
09-13-2005, 03:42 PM
I didn't dream last night, but I'm curious as to if anyone else keeps a personal DIARY OF DREAMS?Maby as well as a usual diary or a digital Diary of Dreams?
I spend most of my days and nights dreaming anyway, so remembering them seems no trouble. :D
I dream almost every night, remember most of them, but often forget many as time passes, until the occasional re-occuring dream returns.

papayahed
09-13-2005, 04:55 PM
I've alway meant to keep a dream journal, especially for the reoccuring dreams. I'm not really sure I have reoccuring dreams or if I'm just dreaming I'm having reoccuring dreams.

Rachy
09-13-2005, 05:16 PM
I dreamt that I could fly, like falpping my arms, and I flew to New York and over the Everglades, but I forget the reason for flying there! I then had another dream when I was down in a dungeon thing and there was this girl trying to hide fomr the horrible man type thing, and I had to hide as well, and then I had to get her out some way!

baddad
09-13-2005, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=Aurora Ariel]I didn't dream last night, but I'm curious as to if anyone else keeps a personal
DIARY OF DREAMS? QUOTE]

Yes, I keep a diary of dreams also. Not every dream is entered, but If I feel strongly enough about the occurence it gets written about. You never know when you'll need a good nightmare sequence in a tale.......

rachel
09-14-2005, 07:32 PM
Hello.

Just today in fact a couple of hours ago I felt so tired and was taking a break and I fell into a deep few minute sleep.
I was in the middle of the ocean and the ship/submarine I was on was a thick blue balloon. And there I was scraping barnacles or whatever off the surface with a razor blade.
At some point I realized what I was doing and was horrified beyond belief. And the worst of it was that I couldn't put the razor down anywhere or throw it anywhere because it would land on the balloon. And worst of all I could sense and see in my spirit that there were a couple of terrifying beasts moving about a few hundred feet under me.
I woke up with a start and was deliriously happy that I had some more boring things to do with my day.

rachel
09-14-2005, 07:34 PM
[QUOTE=rachel]Hello.

Just today in fact a couple of hours ago I felt so tired and was taking a break and I fell into a deep few minutes sleep.
I was in the middle of the ocean and the ship/submarine I was on was a thick blue balloon. And there I was scraping barnacles or whatever off the surface with a razor blade.
At some point I realized what I was doing and was horrified beyond belief. And the worst of it was that I couldn't put the razor down anywhere or throw it anywhere because it would land on the balloon. And worst of all I could sense and see in my spirit that there were a couple of terrifying beasts moving about a few hundred feet under me.
I woke up with a start and was deliriously happy that I had some more boring things to do with my day.

"All I want is what is coming to me, all I want is my fair share" charlie brown's baby sister.

Themis
09-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Somehow, I think my dreams really are too complicated to describe ... but I'll try it anyway because for once, I happen to remember the dream I had today...

At first, I was in a room, together with a bunch of people I had never seen before and a school friend of mine. I have no idea why, but for some reason we had to sneak away from them without them noticing. We did that and entered a room upstairs. And my friend asked me, how we were going to escape before someone realized where we were. So, we climbed out of a window onto a terrace. From the terrace away were leading stairs - to a beach, I think I had seen in Nice this summer. (More or less, in my dream, there were less rocks)
We started descending the stairs when suddenly everthingy changed, my friend was gone, and I was standing in a room.
The room was full of yet another dozen of people I didn't know but .. well, now it started getting really weird. I was no longer myself but a boy and beside me was another man who was gay... I don't know why I thought he was gay but he was. And a girl was approaching me and though, I don't remember what exactly she was saying, I know she was my grilfriend and I wanted to dump her.
So, then I was me again and wandering about some yard. (A really big yard with lots of trees and benches,etc. I think I know it from somewhere...) And I sat down on of those benches and a girl asked me if I was a nun and then, she asked me how to lose weight... um... and I told her she should eat less and take lots of walks (meanwhile I was inspecting my shoes). Then without warning I was on the beach and two boys were playing soccer with an... eh.. an apple. One of them scored a goal and while the other boy was getting ready to do it, too, he started counting (like "One, two, three) and a woman (his mother, I suppose)
said he should count in french and started over.... Then it all gets a little fuzzy, but I know my french teacher (from the course I attended in Nice) was there, too, and I wanted to show her what I still knew and the conclusion was that I didn't even know the most basic terms anymore...

So. My dream.
Perhaps a dream-diary wouldn't be such a bad idea..