PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Joe

jhuka
07-29-2007, 09:28 PM
Hi everybody! My name is Joe and I am a writer and professor living in New England--I'm looking forward to being involved in your discussions. Thank you for having me!

Weisinheimer
07-30-2007, 02:18 AM
Greetings, Joe. Welcome to the forum. What do you teach? I hope you like it here.

jhuka
07-30-2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Weisinheimer,

Many thanks for your welcome--I am teaching both fiction and creative nonfiction writing at the college level. Are you also a teacher?

I'm looking forward to your thoughts here in the forum.

Best,

Joe

Weisinheimer
07-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Nah, I don't teach. I'm a CNA (certified nurse aide) right now.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts here in the forum.
Hmm, you sure about that?:p My thoughts are rather random.

jhuka
07-30-2007, 02:35 PM
I've spent a good deal of time in hospitals in the last few years, caring for a family member. So I'm sure we can trade thoughts on that--you're probably seeing a lot of things already that are magnificent, or amaze, or disturb you in the medical field. I'm doing some writing about it now. I'm interested in what you're currently reading, also. No worries about random thoughts.

J.

sam96
07-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Hello,Joe.:D

jhuka
07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
Hey Sam--thanks for the welcome here.

thrisiakaye
07-30-2007, 09:47 PM
hello joe..

Weisinheimer
07-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello Joe:lol: (seems to be the thing to say.)

jhuka
07-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi Thris, hi Weis--thank you--what are you reading?

Weisinheimer
08-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm reading Oscar Wilde's short strories w/ the forum book club; I'm a little late w/ that.
I also just started The Grapes of Wrath.

protagonist
08-01-2007, 11:32 AM
welcome jhuka teacher ;)
good to see you.It is useful for us a writer and professor is here.

Granny5
08-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Hey Joe. What ya know. Ever been to Kokomo?(always wanted to say that)
What are you reading now?

jhuka
08-01-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi Protag, Granny and Weis and everyone--I love the Kokomo Joe...think I should start using it as the new nickname. I've always loved Steinbeck, Weis--in particular liked Cannery Row and The Pearl...he has another interesting book called The Moon Is Down (written originally as propaganda for WWII, but the artist in him began guiding the story--you can feel his pull in that direction). He seems at his best when he creates a simple, profound fable. I am busy reading a book by a friend of mine who is trying to get it published...it is wonderful and I think she just keeps running into the wrong editors (a big problem these days...it is tough to sell fiction). I'm also reading Nadine Gordimer's Occasion For Loving and just finished the Wright book, called The Looming Tower, which is a chilling portrait of the terrorism we're facing. It is a powerful read.

Let me know how you like the Grapes, Weis...you've inspired me to go back and read it. Thanks everyone--I'm looking forward to staying in touch.

Best,

Kokomo