PDA

View Full Version : symbolism in demian

libernaut
07-23-2007, 01:49 AM
just read the book this past day. beautifully haunting. like a rythmic tune which ends with a deep resonating chord or a great fire burning down to its hot embers which burns for hours into ashes. when i finished i had one hell of a smile on my face.

what do you think about all the symbolism in this book? Based on CG Jungs archetypal ideas right? But what did it mean to you?

libernaut
09-22-2007, 02:51 AM
just read it again and had a completely different feeling to it. its like a dream.

ravimeetsu
03-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Hey Guys,

I just got introduced to Herman Hesse and was wondering which book you guys are referring to.

Please do let me know. Thanks.

Ravi

Erichtho
03-05-2008, 06:07 PM
They are referring to Demian.

libernaut
06-25-2009, 04:02 AM
there are some really bad translations out there of this and siddartha that i have read. Make sure you get the older translations, like the original bantam, the penguin siddhartha is horrible and the BN and others of demian are really bad and do not do just to hesse. make sure to get a good translation

libernaut
07-21-2009, 01:20 AM
reading this in spanish has offered me a great deal into the symbolism in this book. it really made me understand the universal themes this book deals with, life, love, fears, dreams, and death. I think this is my all time favorite.

libernaut
05-26-2011, 05:20 AM
Read it again twice this year. My favorite.

libernaut
07-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Now reading it again, in spanish again. And just got a copy in german. HA! I'm thrilled.