PDA

View Full Version : Woolf - COA?

kandaurov
07-19-2007, 04:34 AM
It's about time I read something written by Woolf. I've been purchasing book after book, but haven't started reading them yet. So far I only have the usual suspects: Mrs Dalloway, Orlando and To the Lighthouse. Can't decide the reading order, though. Any reccommended course of action? Any other novel of hers you think I should also get? And which novel do you like best?

JuLe
07-19-2007, 06:45 AM
"The Waves" and "Between the Acts" are also good novels of her. I recommend you to begin with "Mrs. Dalloway" or with "To the Lighthouse". Enjoy reading her
:)

Virgil
07-19-2007, 06:48 AM
It's about time I read something written by Woolf. I've been purchasing book after book, but haven't started reading them yet. So far I only have the usual suspects: Mrs Dalloway, Orlando and To the Lighthouse. Can't decide the reading order, though. Any reccommended course of action? Any other novel of hers you think I should also get? And which novel do you like best?

Why don't you join the summer book forum read. It's To The Lighthouse. http://www.online-literature.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26024

manolia
07-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I have read "Mrs Dalloway" and it was really good. Currently i am reading "To the lighthouse"..so as Virgil has already said you can read this one and join in the discussion ;)

kandaurov
07-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Thank you all for the feedback! And thanks, Virgil, for letting me know! If I manage to read it in time I will surely discuss it there! If I find those other novels I will buy them. Here, in Portugal, I've only seen (in the original language, of course) the ones I've just bought; hopefully, August's voyage to NYC will help me with that ;)