PDA

View Full Version : king duncan's death

singh
07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
i need to write a newpaper article which is published the day after the king's death. Its about the death and must cover the following issues:

a catchy/suitable headline
how was the murder carried out?
where was duncan burried
reactions of diferent charecters- lady macbeth, lennox, banquo
views of the guards reasons

pls help!

Haven
07-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Duncan was respected and admired. Even by his murder Macbeth.

So, headline would have to refelct this.

"Beloved King Murdered in His Own Bed"

Murder carried out by a stealthy knife wielding assassin. Guards drugged [and also murdered]

Look thru the searchable text here at Lit. for where Duncan was buried, can't say I remember.

I would say that Lord and Lady Macbeth would have issued a statement along the lines that they were shocked and outraged by the murder of their glorious leader and that the perpetrator[s] would be hunted down etc. Howeverk, life must go on and Macbeth would be assuming the role of king as of now. :)
Lennox and Banquo saddened by this event. But in full support of their new monarch.

Guards say it was an inside job.

Sounds like fun, good luck.

ale
08-12-2007, 09:00 PM
mmm... be careful with a couple of things, such as:
"Beloved King Murdered in His Own Bed" >> Duncan was in Macbeth's castle, so it wouldn't exactly be his own bed

"Murder carried out by a stealthy knife wielding assassin. Guards drugged [and also murdered]" >> Actually, at the very beginning, Macbeth killed the guards after blaming them for the murder (after all, Lady Macbeth had smeared them in the King's blood). However, since Duncan's sons fled, they bore the blame. so why don't you try a headline along those lines?
best of luck, and let us know what you wrote! :)