PDA

View Full Version : Tricks

Bakiryu
07-08-2007, 09:22 PM
Hullo: This is a thread to share your beauty secrets with fellow litnetters *preens*. It doesn't matter if you're male, female or an alien (vampires are admited too) and it doesn't have to be something complicated. It can be from simply the name of a perfume that makes the ladies swoom to that awesome shampoo that brings out the golden highlights in your hair. '

What are you waiting for? Go ahead: the world needs to know~!

Shalot
07-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Aveda Shampure --- omigod it smells so good and if you have very straight hair it makes it easier to style. If you have impossibly curly hair, then I wouldn't recommend this, but they probably have some product that smells just as good that would help you manage your hair while enveloping you in a clean smell that your significant other will love

They also make the best patchouli oil ever

Bakiryu
07-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Now everybody: I'm giving away the family secret. *whispers* Baking Soda. You put in your shampoo with a bit of scent and it makes your hair soft and shinny.

You can also put a bit on your toothpaste and it will give you an extremly bright smile.

Virgil
07-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Well, Baki, I don't know what tricks could help my face. This is me in a candid moment:

http://www.simplyfancydress.co.uk/images/23153.jpg

Any ideas? :p :p

Bakiryu
07-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Um *searches for compliment* 'er, You have a charming personality'?

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x129/Miranda178/Endarno.jpg

the silent x
07-08-2007, 10:30 PM
step oput of the shower, dry your hair with a towel and leave with it looking like that, i hate gel, my sense of style is that of a typical MAN, which i am, underwear? check
pants/shorts?check
shirt?check
shoes?check

my style is no style

Bakiryu
07-08-2007, 10:32 PM
What you've never, ever tried, let's say, Cologne?

Annamariah
07-09-2007, 03:44 PM
:lol: In my family it is my brother who uses all kinds of hair products (gel, hair spray) and I'm the one who just brushes her hair and that's it :D

the silent x
07-09-2007, 03:45 PM
never used anything for smell on my body except deoderant and toothpaste/mints, i did use a spray deoderant thing when it was a hot day and my deoderant wore off

and who gets out the door fastest anna?
i'm betting on you, my whole morning routine takes up about 15 mins. but it takes me 45 mins. to wake up

Annamariah
07-09-2007, 03:56 PM
and who gets out the door fastest anna?
i'm betting on you, my whole morning routine takes up about 15 mins. but it takes me 45 mins. to wake up
I'm not sure :D He can be real fast sometimes. I guess that the time I win with my hair is lost when I'm doing my make-up.

I usually wake up an hour before I have to leave. It's about half an hour to wake up, 15 minutes to eat breakfast and another 15 minutes for washing, dressing up and doing my hair and make-up.

the silent x
07-09-2007, 04:03 PM
my breakfast is a breakfast of air. as is my lunch, my afternoon snack could also be my dinner where i make up for the food not eaten, most women i see don't need makeup, although every woman i've said that to says that i've never seen them without it and they look really really ugly.

Annamariah
07-09-2007, 04:24 PM
most women i see don't need makeup, although every woman i've said that to says that i've never seen them without it and they look really really ugly.

I usually wear only eye make-up. I'm blonde, so I really look like I didn't have any eyelashes or eyebrows unless I wear make up. o_O

Bakiryu
07-09-2007, 08:21 PM
I remember when I was younger makeup scared me I always ended up poking myself in the eye or something :blush:

spa girl
07-10-2007, 12:02 AM
I wish that when I was younger I had taken advantage of having great skin & not worn make-up all the time but it was the 80's & we all had big hair & plenty of black eyeliner all around our eyes.

Now that I'm in my early 40's & would love nothing more than to brush my teeth & go in the morning, I find my skin says, "Oh no, you don't! What about these dark circles under your eyes? And these red areas that make it look as if you have an allergy to strawberries? And don't forget to wax that hair above your upper lip..."

I'm painting a pretty picture, aren't I?

So, in keeping with the theme of the thread, can anyone give me the name of a good product for hiding those dark circles? I'm tired of people asking me if I have a black eye.

Bakiryu
07-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Eeeek!

My morning routine goes like this: wake up fifteen minutes before school is due, take hurried bath, pull hair up in ponytail, grab the first clothes i see, shoes, teeth, and run out of the door managing to arrive at school at the same time the bell sounds. i don't really wear make up except for special occasions.

spa girl
07-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Eeeek!

My morning routine goes like this: wake up fifteen minutes before school is due, take hurried bath, pull hair up in ponytail, grab the first clothes i see, shoes, teeth, and run out of the door managing to arrive at school at the same time the bell sounds. i don't really wear make up except for special occasions.

Great but how does that help me? :D

Shalot
07-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Here's my morning routine.

I wake up get coffee or mountain dew and drink it in shower to wake up. If I have time I make myself an organic English muffin and put some canadian bacon on it or other low fat protein and then get in the shower with the coffee and/or mountain dew.

I wash my hair and brush my teeth in the shower after the caffeine fix has been taken care of. I get out of the shower and put on under eye cream, concealer, SPF 30 moisterizer, maybe foundation or not depending on how bad I look, and some blush. Occasionally I wear eyeliner. I brush my hair out, put some leave in conditioner on, get dressed, throw some snacks in a bag and go to work. I crank the A/C or heat to help dry my hair on the drive in. If I can pick up enough speed, I roll the windows down to dry my hair.

By the time I get to work, the hair is dryish.

And that's it.

Great routine isn't it?

Shalot
07-10-2007, 12:27 AM
Spa girl asked about dark circles under the eye --- Avon makes this stuff and it's about 15 bucks a tube --- I forget what it's called exactly but it is supposed to correct the appearance of dark circles. However, it burned my skin, so I don't use it. I use something else called under eye perfector or something. It has corrected the "appearance" of dark circles to a point --- mainly it just kind of soothes the skin when I put it on. Then I put on a yellowish concealor over that when it dries.

Maybe the Avon crap won't burn your skin, but I couldn't stand it, so I don't know how well it actually works.

Annamariah
07-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I remember when I was younger makeup scared me I always ended up poking myself in the eye or something :blush:
Well, it takes a while to learn, especially with kohl and eyeliner :lol: I started wearing make up when I was 14, and then I would only wear mascara and maybe a little bit eye-shadow, and only on special occasions. When I was sixteen, I realised that make up prevented me from rubbing my eyes during the day, which eased my symptoms caused by pollen allergy. So that's why I started wearing make-up daily :D It really works for allergies. My eyes feel so much better when I'm wearing make up. :)

toni
07-10-2007, 01:20 PM

That is usually the case with me, too. Thank heavens I'm not very fussy.. I just borrow my sister's concealer to cover those unwanted pimple scars, line my eyes an eyepencil, put on some lipbalm and I'm good to go:thumbs_up
I wish I knew how to put some makeup on my eyes properly, though, just the black one so I could live my rockstar dreams:p but all I could manage to do is paint myself a black eye. My sister says it only takes practice, but I am not very patient with this kind of stuff because there are other things worth your time than painting your face. I think, as long as you are presentable, you dont have to bother yourself that mucho, heehee

Visionary3
07-12-2007, 06:15 PM
At my age I don't know there is much that would help me to be beautiful again, but I do like to always smell nice. My favorite catalog is YvesRocher who has shops world wide. (Most likely on the web too) I love the smell of their shower gels and some perfumes and lotions. They have frequent sales and give really nice free things with purchase. This month a lime/turquoise quilted beach throw.

Another catelog I get is Beauty Boutique with savings on brand name perfumes and cosmetics. They have Blue Waltz perfume, which was my very first perfume I got in a dime store decades ago. I was delighted to find it back.

Annamariah
07-13-2007, 10:00 AM
At my age I don't know there is much that would help me to be beautiful again, but I do like to always smell nice. My favorite catalog is YvesRocher who has shops world wide. (Most likely on the web too) I love the smell of their shower gels and some perfumes and lotions.

I love Yves Rocher's peach shower gel. It smells wonderful.

Bakiryu
07-15-2007, 09:03 AM
my sense of style is that of a typical MAN

Don't you wear any of the stuff you CROQUET? :p (I'm so going to annoy you with this :lol: )

I love Yves Rocher's peach shower gel. It smells wonderful.

I mostly wear Violet water. It smells so nice! My skin always smells like peach spay water. I love it.

the silent x
07-15-2007, 09:50 AM
no ryu, i don't go walking around with croquet mallets hanging on my shoulders. i only CROCHET scarves, and those i use to set traps for my little brother, i once locked him in his room using a scarf as a rope

i wear olive green/tan cargo pants everyday in winter, a plain t-shirt, and a hoody

in summer, i wear olive green/tan cargo shorts, and a t-shirt, yeah, i don't change much over the winter to summer and summer to winter period

dramasnot6
07-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I think, as long as you are presentable, you dont have to bother yourself that mucho, heehee

I agree toni, unfortunately many humans are vain and do not realize this alienatic secret of ultimate beauty :p
But I´m not one to talk. Like Baki, I only really wear make-up for somewhat special occasions. Maybe some lip gloss on a daily basis during dry months.
I have to try that baking soda trick....

Annamariah
07-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Do you think that the sentence "Hey, it takes at least an hour to look THIS good" is usually true? :D Or is it rather that those who are beautiful are beautiful without spending so much time trying to look better and those who aren't, well, no amount of time is enough to perform a miracle :lol:

Bakiryu
07-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Not really. Mostly it's usually a lie. However with enough time even the most homely person can look beautiful on the outside.