PDA

View Full Version : Book Swap!

Pendragon
06-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I have a brand new hardcover Carroll & Graf first edition volume of Barrie Roberts' Sherlock Holmes & the Crosy Murder. I ordered the book by mistake, (I already have a copy), and it is non-refundable. I will trade this book to anyone who has something I might be interested in reading. Any offers? http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/AbsalomKane/Smilies/DaddysGirl.gif

SleepyWitch
06-12-2007, 12:49 PM
sorry, I'm not interested in that book :(
but if you've got any other books to swap or some other member would like to swap books, count me in :)

andave_ya
06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
I've got a copyright 1913 John Barleycorn by Jack London in good condition should anyone be interested in swapping anything.

*Edit*John Barleycorn might be spoken for. Sorry :(

Scheherazade
06-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Pen,

Have you tried ebay-ing it? You can set the minimum amount you would like to get so it doesn't get sold too cheaply either.

Pendragon
06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Pen,

Have you tried ebay-ing it? You can set the minimum amount you would like to get so it doesn't get sold too cheaply either.I could do that, of course, Scher, but I'd rather someone here got it. I could even trade it in at a used book store next time I'm down that way, but surely someone here is a Holmes fan!

Turk
06-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Uncle Pen, sending the book to an address in another country would cost more than a book's price. :)

SleepyWitch
06-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Uncle Pen, sending the book to an address in another country would cost more than a book's price. :)

yep, but receiving parcels is fun :)

Turk
06-13-2007, 11:17 AM
yep, but receiving parcels is fun :)

True.:)

Scheherazade
06-13-2007, 05:24 PM
yep, but receiving parcels is fun :)Depends on what is inside...

:D

RobinHood3000
06-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm lookin' for a suitable trade, Pen, don't worry!!

Pendragon
06-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Uncle Pen, sending the book to an address in another country would cost more than a book's price. :)True. Thus an exchange. I have exchanged books with people round the world who are Pulp Fiction Magazine enthusiasts like myself. The reprints started before I was born. It was a good way to complete several collections. In many cases, the postage was cheaper than buying the book here would have been. And you gain insight into so many people’s way of life in a different country. I currently buy some pulp fiction from a dealer in Canada, who insists on American Money, check only and wait till it clears before shipping! I buy some Doctor Who stuff from Canada or the UK, since it’s hard to find here. So, it’s not that I am unaware of shipping costs.

Nightshade
06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Oooo I might have to start looking to see what I have/ could buy that would be suitable to swapwith anything....... not that much actually.

Niamh
06-14-2007, 11:30 AM
Nightie...Where have you been lately! Hope the exams go well!

I think this book swap is a good idea.
I also bought a book that it turned out i already had, so if anyone is interested in an 1912 edition of The well of the saints by J.M.Synge, let me know!

Moira
06-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Nightie...Where have you been lately! Hope the exams go well!

I think this book swap is a good idea.
I also bought a book that it turned out i already had, so if anyone is interested in an 1912 edition of The well of the saints by J.M.Synge, let me know!

I would be but the only book in english that i could swap is The Templar revelation by Lynn Picknett.

Niamh
06-14-2007, 11:37 AM
I would be but the only book in english that i could swap is The Templar revelation by Lynn Picknett.

whats that about? i've never heard of it?

Moira
06-14-2007, 11:39 AM
whats that about? i've never heard of it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Templar_Revelation

Niamh
06-14-2007, 11:48 AM
aha! I know the one! I think i got that for my dad a few years back.

Nightshade
06-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Nightie...Where have you been lately! Hope the exams go well!!

Exams all finished, ta! :D
What I need good thoughts for is the midnight walk on saterday night. walking 13 miles ( for charity not just coz) starting midnight...should be fun as long as it either stops raining and the heat wave breaks.

Niamh
06-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Exams all finished, ta! :D
What I need good thoughts for is the midnight walk on saterday night. walking 13 miles ( for charity not just coz) starting midnight...should be fun as long as it either stops raining and the heat wave breaks.

Blasted weather!:flare: Fingers crossed for you! We've a bit of rain(slight showers and drizzle. kind of soothing) at the mo here. Maybe it will head you way cool down the temp and be gone by sat!

Stieg
07-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Don't know how this book swap thing works...

But I'd be willing to swap the following titles

The Call of Cthulhu and Other Weird Stories by H P Lovecraft

The Dreams in the Witch House and Other Weird Stories by H P Lovecraft

The Thing On The Doorstep and Other Weird Stories by H P Lovecraft

Pages are lightly tanned otherwise in very good condition marked with "RC" a la "Reading Copy" on the front page. These three volumes combined represent 51 stories by Lovecraft.

I have the Arkham House HCs At The Mountains of Madness and Other Novels; The Dunwich Horror and Others; Dagon and Other Macabre Tales; and Miscellaneous Writings which together represent 70+ stories plus other works.

Tales of Terror and The Unknown by Algernon Blackwood, this book is o-o-p in good condition with very tanned pages and edgeware. 11 Stories!

And Ancient Sorceries and Other Weird Stories by Algernon Blackwood, very good with 8 stories. Both Algernon Blackwood collections share three stories, The Willows, The Insanity of Jones, and The Wendigo.