PDA

View Full Version : Hello from boiling hot England!

Hawky
06-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone!

This is my first time here, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello!

I am writing my first book called Bloodlines (a mixed genre of horror, action - a bit like the Arnie movie End of Days)

I have to say I stumbled upon this site purely by accident, I normally post at 'Readers & Writers Community Forum' run by the Agency and Publishing House Total Fiction. totalfiction.co.uk/forum

I never thought of looking at other forums, I thought it was the only one! lol. :) But I don't think I'll be moving here permanently just yet, they've got a small group of members who you get to know quite well rather than thousands of strangers.

.... But thousands of strangers, mean more friends for me, so HI everyone!

Weisinheimer
06-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey Hawky. Welcome to the litnet. It is rather big, but you can get to know people here, too.

Lily Adams
06-09-2007, 12:23 PM
:wave: Hi! Welcome to the forum! You're quite right about that last line. More friends!

That's cool that your'e writing a book. Good luck!

Pensive
06-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi! Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello from boiling hot England!

Cheer up! It wouldn't be 48 degree C there at the moment, I guess... :p

Hawky
06-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Ok, it's about 38.... But hey, I'm English! I don't like anything over 12C !

kathycf
06-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Given time, *this* group of strangers can become friends too. Welcome, Hawky. :)

GrayFoxDown
06-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Hi Hawky,

It's similarly "boiling hot" here in New York City. Welcome to this proud congregation of literary thinkers, dabblers, performers, and assorted lunatics (like me)...all in search of meaningful employment and a good drink. I hope to see you around in the days and doubts to come. Regards,

GrayFoxDown

Koa
06-17-2007, 05:45 PM
England? Boiling hot? LOL! I'm here wondering where's my summer...

kiz_paws
06-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Welcome, Hawky. This forum does have thousands of users, but what nice ones. Friends are made quite readily here, they made me feel very welcome when I first came aboard (was that only a couple of months ago? Wow!). Look forward to talking to ya in the future. Cheers, Kizzo :)