PDA

View Full Version : I love this place already!

Unbeliever
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Hi all!

I've just registered, and would like to briefly introduce myself:

I'm 50 years old, and I read incessantly - I even read when walking down the sidewalk, if the light's good enough. Though I never graduated from high school, I did get a GED when I joined the Navy, and have taken some pains to educate myself since then. There are still way too many gaps in that education, though, so I'm hoping to fill some of them with the help of this message board. I found it while looking for H.G. Wells' The Discovery of the Future, which I still haven't yet found online, since it isn't included in the list for that author, so I'll keep looking. I'd also like to find Crux Ansata online, if possible.

kathycf
06-05-2007, 06:36 PM
Welcome, Unbeliever.:)

Unbeliever
06-05-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks! I expect to have lots of fun here! :D

Lily Adams
06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Woohoo! Welcome! I don't have to tell you that you'll enjoy your stay. It's great here. Have fun!

By the way, I read while walking the sidewalk, too. Especially when I'm walking to/from school. Hee hee.

Video Drone
06-05-2007, 10:16 PM
You have to be careful with reading-while-walking, I almost got hit by a car once.

Unbeliever
06-06-2007, 01:54 PM
You have to be careful with reading-while-walking, I almost got hit by a car once.

Yeah, must be careful not to get too wrapped up in a book around moving vehicles. I've been lucky, so far!

RobinHood3000
06-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Welcome, Unbeliever - I look forward to talking with you in the philosophy and religion forums!