PDA

View Full Version : Dor'thy's Di'lect

Reepicheep
05-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Is going to drive me balmy by the end of this book. When did she turn into Huck Finn?

Reepicheep
05-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Once again Baum forgets the geography of his own world. If the party recrosses the Deadly Desert to regain the land of Oz, They will have landed in Winkie territory, not Munchkin Land. I'm glad to see Jack is not quite dead yet. In RTO the movie there is never as much mention of Jack's imminent death by spoilage but I think he is still better off to have lived at all. Tik-Tok is as much magic as he is mechanical. Why? Because he violates the Law of Conservation of Energy. In reality the work done by winding him must equal (actually surpass a little) the action gained in return. For example Dorothy winding him for the return trip across the desert should have been as much effort as her carrying him across. Also it is mentioned that if he returned with her to Australia he probably wouldn't work. The boy Evring cost Nick the chance of becoming human again with a real heart. Dorothy commanded the belt to make him change back into his proper form which would be human. Instead they couldn't find him until Billina used the other method to restore him to his tin form. I think it would have been very amusing if scarecrow had suggested transforming the Nome King into a fat baby instead of a goose egg. The tiger is by far my favorite character so far. Sorry for the meandering nature of this post (I'm not up early. I'm up late at 6:45AM) and that it wouldn't make any sense at all to someone who hasn't enjoyed the book so far.