PDA

View Full Version : Connecting

NotWoodhouse
05-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I have a project to do for my Honors Humanities class on The Time Machine and a part of it is connecting it to another book. I haven't read anything else by H.G. Wells yet and I'm at a loss do to stress causing me not to remember any of I have ever read that is similar to The Time Machine or any of the characters. Anybody have any ideas to help me out?

AdoreroDio
05-21-2007, 01:06 AM
I haven't read that book but if you give me the main theme I can prolly name you a book that relates.

NotWoodhouse
05-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Guy travels forward in time to see that the world has evolved into a strange world with an intense class struggle between the Eloi (a portrayal of a weakened bourgeoisie) and the Morlocks (a portrayal of a strengthen proletariat).

AdoreroDio
05-21-2007, 01:18 AM
who wins and what's the moral?

NotWoodhouse
05-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Well it isn't really a win/lose type of struggle. But the moral basically is that the social structure of the industrial revolution was bad.

AdoreroDio
05-21-2007, 01:44 AM
well you can go general and use the social struggle as a comon point and can choose on of the following-

1984 ( The center leadership verses the middle class)
Animal Farm (Lower verses upper, then division among the upper class)

or any other of many that have social struggles but those are two classics

or you could go by books set during the industrial revolution- but I can't name any of those of the top of my head....

could you describe some main characters if this doesn't help?

NotWoodhouse
05-21-2007, 01:51 AM
Thank you