PDA

View Full Version : 149

Laporis
05-15-2007, 01:51 PM
When Lady Bracknell is making the interview to Jack when he tells her the number of the door at his city house he says 'number 149' and she comments 'Ohhh the unfashionable side'... What did she (Wilde) meant with that? I thought soemthing about the floors, but in the first floor they were actually the richest people who live at the first one.. so why did she mean with it?

Mrs. Dalloway
06-05-2007, 04:30 AM
When Lady Bracknell is making the interview to Jack when he tells her the number of the door at his city house he says 'number 149' and she comments 'Ohhh the unfashionable side'... What did she (Wilde) meant with that? I thought soemthing about the floors, but in the first floor they were actually the richest people who live at the first one.. so why did she mean with it?

Maybe is the unfashionable area of the borough or city, where "new rich people" live. Maybe people who are richer or more fashion live in other side of the city, so that's why she says number 149 it's the unfashionable side.

Laporis
06-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Ohhhh me and my teacher never thought of that! But that was really well thought! :) That hellps understanding it better :)

Mrs. Dalloway
06-15-2007, 07:28 PM
;) :thumbs_up