PDA

View Full Version : Petition

IWilKikU
04-17-2004, 09:04 PM
I hereby propose a petition to allow the members of this elustrius forum to utilize 100X100 pix avatars. Also we want more smiley faces. And a $10 bonus to anyone who reaches 900 posts in a fair and appropriate manner ;). Ok, so maybe not that one, but the first two fo-sho! If you are a user who would also like to see bigger avatars and more smileys, please sign your real or forum name. If your an administrator, please heed our call and deliver unto us smilies and avatars of many shapes and sizes. To all those involved, thank you.

-Mike Dillon

Admin
04-17-2004, 09:13 PM
I should soon be updating to vbulletin 3 and will not be making any other changes until then.

verybaddmom
04-17-2004, 09:13 PM
hehe
i hereby sign my name...verybaddmom (and to make it more legitimate also my name....Angela) in support of kik's suggestion that we advance this forum further and eliminate the frustration of having an expression to make and no way to make it, and having a fabulous pic and no way to make it visible...
While this is THE BEST literature forum online for so very many reasons (the people who frequent, the number of available books online, the superior organization, search features, and so on) and the forum i spend THE most time on, i still see others that have features (such as those mentioned above) that i would love to see us adopt to 'our' own....
:)

IWilKikU
04-17-2004, 09:18 PM
thank you admin for such a speedy response, when will you have vbulletin 3 up?

simon
04-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Danke schon

verybaddmom
04-17-2004, 09:50 PM
ummmm.....
what is vbulletin 3?
:confused:
:o

amuse
04-17-2004, 10:04 PM
if you click on the bottom of this forum's homepage it'll tell you. i just did :) - even found a forum in spanish.

simon
04-17-2004, 10:42 PM
oh lala

fayefaye
04-18-2004, 05:58 AM
fayefaye

emily655321
04-18-2004, 07:28 AM
Well, that's just the Gosh-damn-doodly-darn-diddly-arn-damn coolest. *Getting wee bit tired of the brown/orange/whatever this is*

But just for the record I'm making my mark on this petition for more extensive smilies and bigger avatars, for when we get that futuristic new veshchick.

Sincerely,
Emily Foster

Koa
04-18-2004, 08:46 AM
I'd love a bigger size for avatars too...

random_hero
05-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey, admin... Could tell us when so we can make ourselves busy when the site is down. Unless you can change to 3 without the site being down for a little while...

random_hero
05-02-2004, 07:28 PM
Oh, and about smilies, what about words? Are they not sufficient?

emily655321
05-02-2004, 08:40 PM
No, they aren't. :D For the same reason that words aren't enough when we talk to each other face to face; we don't stand still and talk like robots. Smilies send signals of how to read the words in the obvious absence of body language, like musical notations on sheet music. Whether you're being silly, sarcastic, making a joke... and sometimes they are part of the joke themself. And they're cute looking. :D :D

IWilKikU
05-03-2004, 12:53 AM
yeah... and besides, there are only 12 of them!!!! :eek:

emily655321
05-03-2004, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I definitely demand a pouty smiley, an embarrassed smiley, a crying smiley, and one of those with the mouth straight across. Maybe one with its eyes crossed out... dude, bottom line, there just aren't enough for the amount that we use them. :D :D

[ooh ooh! A drunk/stoned smiley, with a wiggly mouth maybe -- or smiling with red eyes. :D And a really, really tired one. And a cheering one with confetti. And a hyper-hyper-speed smiley!]

subterranean
05-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by IWilKikU
I hereby propose a petition to allow the members of this elustrius forum to utilize 100X100 pix avatars. Also we want more smiley faces. And a $10 bonus to anyone who reaches 900 posts in a fair and appropriate manner ;). Ok, so maybe not that one, but the first two fo-sho! If you are a user who would also like to see bigger avatars and more smileys, please sign your real or forum name. If your an administrator, please heed our call and deliver unto us smilies and avatars of many shapes and sizes. To all those involved, thank you.

-Mike Dillon

100x100 is too big... around 70x70 is enough...more smileys..i can't argue with that...$10..for a member who reaches 900 posts..? What is this ..a jackpot machine..?
I belong to other forum where members support the forum..members give around $ 10-100 for the maintance of the forum..and we don't mind coz we love the forum coz it is so informative and some even made bestfriends there...and the forum is really well maintained and developed.

But I don't think members around here would agree...
Oh it's Pink floyd fan network forum that I refering too!!

amuse
05-04-2004, 04:12 AM
amuse would love to see more smilies!

Koa
05-04-2004, 04:43 PM
I guess this cant be changed, but it irritates me a bit when i try to post and it says there are too many smilies in my post... :(

And...silly as it is but...is there a way to change the date format? Not the time zones, really the day... Shoot me ;), I don't like the American format...I look at the date and can't figure out what it means, or think it's wrong...then realise you put months first :eek:

GapingStarling
05-04-2004, 11:24 PM
I've never been able to keep the number/date thing straight -- I'm always so relieved when it gets to be the thirteenth, 'cause then it doesn't matter what order it comes in as no months go past twelve :)
But then, the whole non-digital clock thing has always been a bit of a challenge for me too... And my rights and lefts... Perhaps there's a pattern here :rolleyes:

Oh, and I'm always game for more smilies!

emily655321
05-04-2004, 11:55 PM
LOL I know, we're screwed up. I wonder how that started? (For that matter, I wonder how Sundays started getting put at the front of the week?)

verybaddmom
05-04-2004, 11:56 PM
i believe that's in your user CP...it says date format and beginning of week....you can change it at your leisure.

EDIT: actually its "edit options" that determines what day of the week you start your week on...etc.

emily655321
05-05-2004, 12:17 AM
:D Thanks VB, you're so good at staying on-topic. I was actually pondering the real-world origins of the practice itself. :p But your advice is far more useful for current matters than my question.

verybaddmom
05-05-2004, 12:22 AM
uhhhh....Em. the topic here is petition. my advice on your time format has nothing to do with the original request that Kik and i decided needed to be made for more smilies and bigger avatars. so while i appreciate your comment, i think you overestimate my ability to stay on track..
on track?
what track?
there was a track??
there was a what??

:D

emily655321
05-05-2004, 02:02 AM
LOL Well, isn't the petition kinda over? Don't we get to use the used-up threads just to babble mindlessly until Admin or Logos puts a lock on them? :D

subterranean
05-07-2004, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Koa
I guess this cant be changed, but it irritates me a bit when i try to post and it says there are too many smilies in my post... :(

And...silly as it is but...is there a way to change the date format? Not the time zones, really the day... Shoot me ;), I don't like the American format...I look at the date and can't figure out what it means, or think it's wrong...then realise you put months first :eek:

I agree with you Koa..I dont really get this date and time things either

ajoe
05-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by IWilKikU
yeah... and besides, there are only 12 of them!!!! :eek:

Correction: 11 :p --> Also can we have an alternative emoticon for this? I kind of don't like him too much.

emily655321
05-13-2004, 04:43 PM
I know, I don't like him either. It doesn't look like smiling OR sticking out his tongue.