PDA

View Full Version : When there is no more questions what is left?

dan020350
05-10-2007, 07:28 PM
What do you call a person has finished asking all his questions,
And gave all the answers?
Has the world stopped
or is it he is finally finished?

At the end what is left
what is the next?
What do you call this loneliness
that I am facing anew?

Derringer
05-11-2007, 05:23 PM
dead:lol:

dan020350
05-12-2007, 12:02 AM
I see life.

SueFew
05-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Memories

i_rebel
05-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I don't know. I don't have all the answers.

dan020350
05-13-2007, 12:01 AM
when there is no more questions what is left? Memories. I don't know why you say that only but a random answer.

i-rebel-

You don't know because you did not seek. You don't have all the answers because you have full of questions.

hyperborean
05-13-2007, 11:48 PM
"It's the question that drives us, Neo."

there will never be a time when all the questions will be answered.

amanda_isabel
05-14-2007, 12:10 AM
never going to happen. if the world ran out of questions unwanswered, then the next questions would be: why it ran out, how it ran out. but it's obvious we are not getting there anyway. besides, the human soul is born curious, and for it to not be curious must mean it's dead.

audiobahn53
05-14-2007, 01:47 AM
I have to agree with amanda_isabel and hyperborean, if every question was theoretically answered then one would ask if that really was all the questions, thus continuing the infinite loop self doubt and insatiable human curiosity.

i_rebel
05-14-2007, 04:16 AM
i-rebel-

You don't know because you did not seek.

Dan I must agree with the previous answers. I don't conceive such a possibility either. You know why? Exactly because I searched and I found out that I don't need an answer to EVERYTHING.

Fenazs
05-14-2007, 04:48 AM
"It's the question that drives us, Neo."

there will never be a time when all the questions will be answered.

...unless you have no more desire to live with purpose

When we have an answer to a question, we arrive. But the very next minute a new question fills our minds - "drives" us to the next destination. Each destination colours the unique painting that we each call our life-story.

It is in our nature to continuously desire (question) for the next step in our lives - just like a seed that "wants" to grow into a tree, as it is meant to be.

I've never agreed with the statement that ignorance is bliss, and to live without question. Happiness is in finding our personal answers to each individual's life-questions. Each heartfelt question contains within it seeds of growth that lead to our destiny, who we are each meant to be.

When there are no more questions left, there is no meaning to life, there is no happiness.

Having no more questions left to ask is a choice, not an eventuality.

dan020350
05-14-2007, 11:09 AM
it is good to see this thread alive. Not sure for how long.

Yes it is true that questions will continue, but do you understand why? that is not to find an answer to the question but to understand what is generating the question. Once you understand that, everything is finished.

audiobahn53
05-14-2007, 09:17 PM
Ok dan020350 I see what your saying with regards to asking oneself, when proposed with a question, what caused this question to come into existence, but what do you mean when you say "everything is finished." Is it regards to the question, or do you actually mean Everything as in the scope of humanity? As you can see this statement poses quite a conundrum, if you could explain what you meant by it I would be most appreciated, thanks.

dan020350
05-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Ok dan020350 I see what your saying with regards to asking oneself, when proposed with a question, what caused this question to come into existence, but what do you mean when you say "everything is finished." Is it regards to the question, or do you actually mean Everything as in the scope of humanity? As you can see this statement poses quite a conundrum, if you could explain what you meant by it I would be most appreciated, thanks.

When I say everything is finished, that means you are either nothing or you have realize everything. To explain further or to know further will never help you understand. I once said that everyone is dumb because they always want to seek and to know more.

audiobahn53
05-15-2007, 02:49 AM
So are you saying, in basic terms, that once a human, who is existent, seeks answers and holds the ability of unsatiable human curiostity, that one day this human will come to an answer and that answer will be final and to ask any more questions would be of no use, folorn hope in a sense? So the question one must ask is not what the answer is, but upon what basis the question is proposed, once you have answered that, then the answer to the origional question is irrlevent and in a sense everything is finished, and at that point you have come to the conclusion that you are nothing in a metaphysical sense, or you have realized the truth of simplicity in the harsh reality of basic human intellectual boundaries.

dan020350
05-15-2007, 11:14 AM
As a simple minded person as I am, I don't understand what you are saying.

But to hold on to a belief and many more beliefs is being fragmented. And you want to hold on to that security because it makes you feel good, comforted.

But holding to a belief makes you a divided person. Each person in the world today holds on to their beliefs, religion and nationality, each division brings conflict. Naturally. One must be free from oneself, without nationality without beliefs. Simliar to the principle of charity from Donald Davidson, but more.

audiobahn53
05-15-2007, 07:24 PM
this is true, through beliefs people seek comfort, shelter and inclusion.

"One must be free from oneself, without nationality without beliefs." This is ironic, because in order for one to be free from oneself, or their inner true beliefs and views, one must prupose to oneself the idea, or belief that it is plausible to remove oneself from his or her own original beliefs. Basically if I want to remove myself from my very beliefs, I must first hold the belief that this is possible or that something will come from me doing this.

Even death cant really remove you from your beliefs, it can in the basic sense that you are dead therefore you have no more thought or beliefs in the scope of or world and our knowledge, but inorder to escape from your beliefs via death, you still must first hold the belief that by accomplishing death you will be removed from your beliefs.

byquist
05-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Hamlet: "The rest is silence."

Also Chekhov ends w/no more questions:

U. Vanya: "We shall rest. We shall rest. We shall rest."

Three Sisters I think says, "If only we could. If only we could. If only we could."

dan020350
05-20-2007, 11:17 PM
You have understood my point very well.

The thing is now, to be free of the known, is to be total, one must forget himself and forget the idea of forgeting oneself. ( said Democritus ) This is one of the reason why some say when there is a way that is not the right way.