PDA

View Full Version : Les miserables Riddle

skaternut
05-02-2007, 08:05 PM
I got another riddle today from my comp. teacher but this one was in french and extremely hard to translate!!!!!!! I know a little french and i know the question was "who are we?"( it is 2 characters from something.), but i dont know what the description was. i think it mentioned something about stealing ,a mime, a mayor, and being betrayed by a clown. I know, weird. I got a tip that they might be characters from Les miserables. I've never read the book, seen the play, or the movie. Does anyone know if those key words from the description are in Les Miserables? Any hints would be helpful.

Thank You!!!!!!!

Vampyro
05-09-2007, 05:42 AM
The description does seem to fit the main character of Les Miserables, as Jean Valjean was an ex-convict who became mayer of a town. I don't know about the clown part though. If "clown" is a metaphor, then it could be referring to Thenardier, but I'm not entirely sure. I would suggest reading the book - and if the length of Les Miserables is a bit daunting to you, you could read the very muchly abridged version, titled "Jean Valjean". It's only 100-200 pages (and therefore not as interesting as the original), but you'll get the basic gist of the storyline. I hope this helps, and good luck!

NotWoodhouse
05-17-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't get the part about the mime. It could be metaphorical as well reffering to the secret of Valjean's identity but that's a stretch.

ennison
05-17-2007, 09:30 AM
I don't get it either but here's a riddle translated from my mother's Gaidhlig.

I went to the wood and I got it. When I got it I sat down to look for it. When I couldn't find it ,I stood up and took it home with me.

jondrette
04-18-2008, 11:46 AM
its ValJean.

Shya
07-07-2008, 02:34 AM
Ennison, the answer to your riddle is "nothing". Lol.

The only parts that fit Valjean are "stealing" and "mayor". But I really do not get the other ones, especially the part about miming. If you figure out the answer and it is Valjean, then send me an explanation please! This is interesting.