PDA

View Full Version : Stopwatch

Jolly McJollyso
05-01-2007, 11:47 PM

Adolescent09
05-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I praise you for your tenacity but chastise you for some of the strong language freely exercised in your writing as if it casually augmented your style. A more genuine effect in your piece could be obtained if you used words which provoked meaning rather than insinuate vulgarity. The gates of a world unlocked by the written word would be far greater and truer if profanity was outcast!

It's good nonetheless. I would just suggest that the profanity be omitted. I have always hated profanity in literature, even when Steinbeck used the word 'da**' in The Grapes of Wrath (which happens to be one of my most favorite books).

Jolly McJollyso
05-02-2007, 01:57 AM
Profanity is useless. I never say anything if it's profane. All words have their place; I wouldn't dream of casting any of them out of usage!

Also, thank you for praising my tenacity, but what exactly do you mean by that? How is this story tenacious?

Adolescent09
05-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I wasn't calling the story tenacious... I was calling you tenacious. I see you have posted quite a few stories in this category which shows that you are persistent/consistent with your work. I personally believe you show talent... keep it up :)

Shalot
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
did you say there was more coming? I can't wait to read the rest!

Jolly McJollyso
05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
There is indeed more coming...eventually.