PDA

View Full Version : Analytical Essay [HELP]!

DO226
04-23-2007, 06:44 PM
I have to write an analytical essay on the themes of sucess,hope, and morals displayed through the characters Gatsby, Daisy, and Tom and I have no clue where to start. Please help!

papayahed
04-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Start with Gatsby.

DO226
04-25-2007, 06:26 PM
start with Gatsby?

kandaurov
04-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm yet to read the novel, but I'd suggest you started with Gatsby, and compared and contrasted it with the other characters. Try to establish a link between one and the other so that the text runs fluidly. This is the best advice a guy who doesn't know what you're supposed to analyse can give :D

papayahed
04-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm yet to read the novel, but I'd suggest you started with Gatsby, and compared and contrasted it with the other characters. Try to establish a link between one and the other so that the text runs fluidly. This is the best advice a guy who doesn't know what you're supposed to analyse can give :D

Exactly. The ideas of success, hope, and morals are pretty apparent in Gatsby. (And by apparent I mean the themes are lit up like huge neon signs in a dark moonless desert).

ie. Was Gatsby successful? At what? Did he hope for something? What were his morals?

DO226
04-27-2007, 06:53 PM
even though you havent read the novel that was actually helpful. thanks.

papayahed
04-28-2007, 09:51 AM
even though you havent read the novel that was actually helpful. thanks.

:( Think what you will but I'm not the one with the assignment.:D