PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to look at thought itself?

dan020350
04-23-2007, 11:45 AM
What type of a microscope?
How powerful will it be, assuming thought ( matter) does exist?

I was just thinking about this, and I said such a machine can destroy the universe.

quasimodo1
04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Ten years ago, I would say this realm is PROPIETARY IN THE EXTREME. Now however, you hear such things at hearings and newsconferences like...what was your thinking on this. Or the cliche' "what were you thinking"? So, yes to your question and interesting will be the answers. However, most people, tend to think in words despite the fact that some thinking is non-verbal. Given these limitations, you can rate, analyze and weigh a thought. It is thought afterall that makes all human achievments possible from bridges to broadcasts to books. So, why not. quasimodo1

cuppajoe_9
04-23-2007, 01:01 PM
And MRI machine can take pictures of neural activity. The universe remains undestroyed.

sharpe123
04-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I dont understand this one. When you say look at thought, do you mean read thought? How could this destroy the world??

sharpe123
04-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Oh right "thought Matter" didn't read it right. Hmmm.... I suppose you need to understand what thoughts exactly are first. Would "thought Matter" be a production of thought or a producer?? Actually no I still dont understand it :)!!! I really dont think "thought Matter" exsists.

littlewing53
04-23-2007, 05:37 PM
without too much "thought" remember HAL from 2001 he was trouble and what was he thinking...destruction or existence...

dan020350
04-23-2007, 10:20 PM
The thing I am asking. Is sort of a machine, invented by man. So we can go to a different world invented by thought. Replace time traveling with thought traveling.

When I say a machine invented for the purpose of being or observing thought itself. I was thinking a powerful machine, such as Einsteing saying it is possibly to travel to time, if we can attain the equal size of negative energy to jupiter size planet.