PDA

View Full Version : Double vision in The Great Gatsby (essay help)

birdinhand
04-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Hello all,

I have an essay due soon on The Great Gatsby, the essay is about double vision. I'm suppose to show how the following is true, and explain its significance, using specific references to the novel to support my ideas.

Everything in The Great Gatsby is seen in two ways: on the one hand as glamorous, romantic and exciting, and on the other as crude, corrupt or even disgusting. This double vision applies to people, places and events.

Any suggestions, references, helpful ideas, anything would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

papayahed
04-21-2007, 07:13 PM
what are the specific people places and events you considering writing about?

Nick, Daisy, The Party, Gatsby, the island ?

I haven't read it in a while but it sounds like an interesting assignment?

birdinhand
04-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey there, thanks for your reply!

I'm suppose to identify more than 3 examples of each of: people, places, and events being viewed in different and opposing ways. Also, to explain the double perspective and support the explanation with relevant examples; acknowledges the extent to which the narrator is in and not in Gatsby's world.

Thanks for your help!

papayahed
04-22-2007, 08:24 PM
That should be easy since there aren't that many people places or events. Which have you chosen?

pickme
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I am doing the same essay topic and i have to submit it tomm can you please hlep me out i have'nt started at all can you help me if u've done this