PDA

View Full Version : What is the greatest?

dan020350
04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
I once ask that, and found that the greatest is Heaven.
Those that resembles closest to heaven is deem great.

but I am not so sure, what do you think?

hyperborean
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
This is a very vague question. Man should be deemed "greatest" if I'm interpreting the question correctly.

cuppajoe_9
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Muhammad Ali is the greatest.

dan020350
04-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Ali was mention in the other forums.

Hmmm. Ali must be the best answer for a laugh.

TurkeyBLT
04-18-2007, 03:06 AM
Meaning of life

dan020350
04-18-2007, 10:20 AM
meaning of life= heaven?
ali= heaven

heaven= back to the orginal source

Trajan
05-04-2007, 01:36 PM
In my opinion power is the greatest thing. I believe in Nietzsche's "Will to Power"; that is, that all that human action stems from a want to gain power, and that even Darwin's theory of 'survival of the fittest' comes from a will to be powerful, and that survival is only one of the most prominent side effects of this.

To quote Nietzsche:

"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome."

Redzeppelin
05-04-2007, 03:59 PM
To quote Nietzsche:

"What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power in man, the will to power, power itself. What is bad? All that is born of weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome."

Ah yes. The good Mr. Nietzsche. Power in human hands is corrosive and destroys all it touches. Power is temporal; as such, living by the law of power means that your reign only lasts while your power does. That isn't generally for very long. Here is power's greatest failure: it cannot make someone love you - the lesson that Dostoyevsky's Nietzschean "superman" Svidrigailov learned and killed himself over.

hyperborean
05-04-2007, 05:51 PM
meaning of life= heaven?

meaning of life = nothing

we give it meaning. I love that line.

The feeling that power is growing, that resistance is overcome."

Yes, and once you completely overcome yourself you shall reach the overman.

billyjack
05-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Yes, and once you completely overcome yourself you shall reach the overman.

yep. but first one needs to figure out what the 'self' is--maybe self is the echo of our social stratas? if this is so, overcoming yourself is synonymous with recognizing 'self' or ego as a "social artifact" or "generalized other", to use freud's and mead's terminology, respectively.

bazarov
05-05-2007, 04:12 AM
Zidane and Dostoevsky

bazarov
05-05-2007, 04:14 AM
*stupid computer!!*

shadowy girl
05-05-2007, 04:35 AM
Allah is the greatest.

dan020350
05-05-2007, 10:44 AM
What is allah? What is God, isn't he not heaven as I said before?

shadowy girl
05-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Depends on themeaning!
Heaven could be allah, could be Jesus, Could be God, Could be the opp. of hell.

Nossa
05-05-2007, 11:52 AM
Putting aside religious beliefs, I don't think you can call ONE thing 'the' greatest, it's relative. What's great to you, might be trivial to someone else, and vice versa. If you ask me, God and Faith are the greatest things in life, and no God isn't Heaven, persay God created Heaven, how come you call the creator by the name of one of his creations?!

shadowy girl
05-05-2007, 03:35 PM
It's not what I ment, It's just a vocabulary matter, Sure God is different than heaven, and God is one, peopel sometimes call him Allah, but they mean that God we all beleiv in, they might call him heaven, but they mean him, not heaven as a paradice!

Nasser
05-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Well hey! It all depends on the way we see it.
I know heaven exist
I dont have to have any proof to believe that.
See, that is my belief, thats what my kinda custom provide..
Now the question is.. What are we gonna be doing in the heaven..may it be Allah there,Jesus or the opposite of hell. What?

dan020350
05-06-2007, 12:16 AM
Heaven is equivalent to good.

But is evil good?

shadowy girl
05-07-2007, 11:17 AM
I don't think Evil is Good! they are two completely opp. meanings!

Unless you are a Devil.

dan020350
05-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Can you tell me what is evil shadow girl?

shadowy girl
05-07-2007, 07:49 PM
I believe I can.
But there is no exact meaning for it, is there? Evil (in my own opinion) is what humanity resists, it's what made this word so awful, but it's also like water sometimes.

Enough Dannie?

dan020350
05-07-2007, 10:18 PM
i don't think I understand you Shadow. You seem like an evil person.

kari
05-07-2007, 11:10 PM
"If you ask me, God and Faith are the greatest things in life" was written by Nossa I think...I agree partly. I agree God is the greatest, but what is it worth if you don't know of Him, or know that of Him? When I read the original question, my first instinct was to answer the greatest is knowledge.
kari

shadowy girl
05-08-2007, 08:06 AM
"If you ask me, God and Faith are the greatest things in life" was written by Nossa I think...I agree partly. I agree God is the greatest, but what is it worth if you don't know of Him, or know that of Him? When I read the original question, my first instinct was to answer the greatest is knowledge.
kari

You're right. ;)

i don't think I understand you Shadow. You seem like an evil person.

Dearest Dan,

Me... An Evil person? God forgive you:( . Many people tell me that I'm odd, lonely, complicated, strange, miserable, depressed; but Evil?!
Honestly, you don't like me, do you?
Oh, that's not our topic, is it?!

I answered, and you don't even know me personally, how can you judge me by my posts in a forum? >> funny! Now, Evil is bad, and who is extremly evil is a Devil, maybe I am one, who knows?