PDA

View Full Version : Dreamspeak

Mr. Dictionary
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM
If you like my story say so. If you don't like it, tell me why, so you can say you like it later.
(By the way, first post.)
Here goes nothing:

Dream Speak

Normal people dream about the future, or the past.
What they think will happen to them tomorrow, If they will succeed in life, when they’ll die, or visions of what they really wished their lives were like.
I guess I dream differently than most normal people.
My dreams are filled with Armageddon, the end of the world.
Not the past or the future.
But now.
I also dream about monsters.
They’re all around me.
But they don’t see me. And I’m the only one that sees them.
These things don’t seem to be aliens, or Earthy animals, but of beings of question.
Where are they from, what are they, why are they here?
The thing is, I haven’t figured out exactly what the answer to that question is.

Chapter 1

Today is an especially cold day, the rain is beating against the window as I crawl out of bed and change out of my PJ’s. I can hear my mom cooking bacon and eggs like every Monday. My favorite food, as to cheer me up on the first day of a long week. I descend the stairs and head toward the kitchen.
“Good morning” says mom “How’d you sleep last night?”
“I slept like a baby mom.”
As I sit down to clean off a plate piled high with bacon and sausage I knew was lying, I had another of my bad dreams again. In this one, I wake up in a green pasture, a bubbling brook is couple yards away, and I’m lying contentedly in the shade of a massive oak. Something quickly disturbs my peace by falling on my head.
“Sorry ‘bout that” A voice from my left said, “I kinda slipped, did I hurt you?”
“Hm?” I say looking to where the voice came from.
There sits a small thing, don’t know what to call it.
It would stand about halfway to my knee.
Four legs came out from a ball of fluff, two eyes hidden by that fluff as well.
It’s fur was brown, black and white in stripes.
Two floppy ears, like a doxon’s
Its eyes were intriguing, constantly changing never staying the same color.
“How long you gonna stare at me?” It said, getting up (evidently, it could stand on two feet if it wanted.) and brushing off its fur.
“I didn’t mean to stare, It’s just that I’ve never seen anything like you. What exactly are you?” I asked.
“Something you’ve never seen before.” It said with a smirk.
“Ha-ha, very funny. Seriously, what are you?”
It didn’t have time to reply.
Out of nowhere a huge ring of fire came from the sky setting the entire field on fire.
Well, it didn’t exactly set the entire field on fire.
Half of it was on fire along with half of the tree, but none of the fire was spreading toward the opposite side.
I had one foot in the fire, and one foot on solid ground.
Half of my clothes were on fire, I didn’t feel pain.
Suddenly, a ring of water came and flooded a third of the field, the third where I was standing.
That’s when I woke up.