PDA

View Full Version : I need your knowledge as soon as possible....

needing
04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi everybody.
I need your knowledge about this quotation.
I want to know the main idea, the situation and the theme of this quotation.

" I am not deceitful . If I were , I should say I loved you; but I declare, I don’t love you. I dislike you the worst of anybody in the world except John Reed; and this book about the liar , you may give to your girl Georgiana, for it is she who tells lies, and not I."

I wait for you as soon as possible.
please.............

malwethien
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Jane said this to her aunt, Mrs. Reed upon learning that Mrs. Reed will send her (Jane) to a very strict boarding school. Mrs. Reed told the headmaster or the school that Jane was a liar and misbehaved and that the teachers should pay careful attention to her...thus Jane said the following quote. Meaning that if she was a liar, as Mrs. Reed claims, then she (Jane) would admit that she loved her aunt and that she is fond of her and her family...etc. But because she is NOT a liar...she says that she does not love her aunt and her family...

I hope that was helpful......you can send me a PM if you have anymore questions ;)

sciencefan
04-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Hi everybody.
I need your knowledge about this quotation.
I want to know the main idea, the situation and the theme of this quotation.

" I am not deceitful . If I were , I should say I loved you; but I declare, I don’t love you. I dislike you the worst of anybody in the world except John Reed; and this book about the liar , you may give to your girl Georgiana, for it is she who tells lies, and not I."

I wait for you as soon as possible.
please.............I understand how this could be a bit confusing.
The other poster has answered you correctly.

Jane meant that if she were a liar, she would lie to them now,
but since she is not a liar,
she will now tell them the truth about her thoughts and feelings.

needing
04-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks for all of you
and may Allah bless you
and I hope a bright future for you.