PDA

View Full Version : Assignment Help

Jack22
04-15-2007, 02:03 AM
Hi i have an assignment the question is for an essay to show all aspects of change from perspective, to setting and basically in every detail but mainly of perspective of other characters and how their emotions change. Thanks.

sciencefan
04-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Hi i have an assignment the question is for an essay to show all aspects of change from perspective, to setting and basically in every detail but mainly of perspective of other characters and how their emotions change. Thanks.And what do you have for an answer so far?

Is this change in perspective your teacher is asking for a change of mind or attitude or a physical change in scenery?

Which characters do you believe undergo this change in perspective?

Jack22
04-15-2007, 09:29 AM
And what do you have for an answer so far?

Is this change in perspective your teacher is asking for a change of mind or attitude or a physical change in scenery?

Which characters do you believe undergo this change in perspective?

It's basically mind and attitude the most obvious are Elizabeth and Darcy i've only got drafts for my answer because im going over the book again to see what i've missed out on.

sciencefan
04-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Well I agree with you that Darcy and Elizabeth are the two characters that experienced the most drastic changes of heart and mind.

Elizabeth experienced her change of mind when she read the letter from Darcy, and also continued to feel the effects of her bad judgment in the days following. We see how she is mortified at having been wrong- so wrong in something in which she so prided herself.

Austen doesn't delve very far into the thoughts and feelings of the men in the book (excepting her father I guess). I didn't think that we were made privy to what Darcy felt in quite as much detail as Elizabeth. However we know the turning point was when Elizabeth reprimanded him for not behaving in a more "genlemanlike manner".

When Elizabeth unexpectedly meets him at Pemberley she ponders his new behavior. After he proposes the second time, we get his explanation of the change in his behavior.

The text of the book is online on this website and is very helpful for quick searching.