PDA

View Full Version : It is an ever-fixed mark....

dramasnot6
04-12-2007, 07:55 AM
As poetically as you can, describe love in one sentence.

schammers girl
04-12-2007, 08:05 AM
love is whats left in the room at xmas morning after all the prezzies have been opened! :)

Lote-Tree
04-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Love is a Transcendental moment of happiness.

dramasnot6
04-13-2007, 08:08 AM
beautiful one lote-tree!

Love is an endless wish.

Pendragon
04-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Love is the rock that's left when all other emotions drain you dry... http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l108/AbsalomKane/Cupid.gif

manolia
04-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Love is probably the only thing that makes sense in this world

Adolescent09
04-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Love converts the aesthetic mechanics of life into an ineffable, uncompromisable, symbol of mutual respect.

Adolescent09
04-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Love is probably the only thing that makes sense in this world

On the contrary, I think it's one of the few things that doesn't seem to make sense at all :p From celebrities to sheepish first grade girls to normal adults the science or biology which provokes love from early to later years has never been fathomed.

manolia
04-13-2007, 03:40 PM
On the contrary, I think it's one of the few things that doesn't seem to make sense at all :p From celebrities to sheepish first grade girls to normal adults the science or biology which provokes love from early to later years has never been fathomed.

Hehe my friend! Do not try to analyse love with the means of science. It won't work:p :)

Adolescent09
04-13-2007, 04:09 PM
I guess you're right. But you can't deny that love is mysterious :)

manolia
04-13-2007, 04:19 PM
I guess you're right. But you can't deny that love is mysterious :)

Of course! But that's the nice part;) The nicest things in life don't come easy;)

Uncle Lar
04-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Love fills the heart, mind,
and soul with hope, longing, and
desire for more.

Have a great Weekend!

Sincerely,

Uncle Lar

dramasnot6
04-13-2007, 09:17 PM
Love is the internal leech,consuming you until you are one.

jon1jt
04-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Love is the couple who appears to you as a bit silly standing there on a street corner passing little kisses between gulps of smile, shy laughter. :p

PsychodelicMess
04-15-2007, 03:21 PM
Love is the reason the world was created; it is what holds it together, and it is the only thing that will save us in the end.

Adolescent09
04-15-2007, 04:51 PM
Love opens the gate to a field that contains no boundaries.

kandaurov
04-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Love makes you wonder if angels ever treaded on earth and as they forsake this wretched place absent-mindedly left such emotion behind.

(a huge sentence, I know; hard to convey what I wanted in a single one, but I gave it a shot heh)

hyperinsomnia
04-15-2007, 10:08 PM
The first person in love is always the last person out... and they never really shut the door behind them.

dramasnot6
04-16-2007, 07:08 AM
Love is an infinity of wishing pressing upon every inch of your skin until it is set free with a single kiss.

kandaurov
04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Love is an euphemism for Lust.

So much for poetry. HA! :p

dramasnot6
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM
Lust is a porous type of love, love is impermeable.

Love is a truth that makes all other truth seem forever false in comparison.

kandaurov
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
('Twas but a little provocative sting, mind it not ;))

Love is such a pure feeling that can't be put to corrupt human words :)

Lote-Tree
04-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Love is an euphemism for Lust.

For a a lot of people that is the case. But after lust is over - whatever remains if anything - that would be love...

downing
04-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Love makes you scream of suffer when you see the other doesn't care...

dramasnot6
04-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Beautiful pic in your signature downing! So full of color.

Love is a voice that can only whisper or scream.

TurkeyBLT
04-18-2007, 03:21 AM
Love will keep us alive.

Adolescent09
04-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Love makes two say "I do" and can fulfill the dream of eternal ecstacy or can turn the "I do" into "Never" at any given time.

Love is a fickle perception which is never truly gotten.

vhaney
04-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Love is a kind of hurt that makes you whole.

dramasnot6
04-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Love is the passionate tidal waves of lust slowing into a calm water.

Adolescent09
04-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Love grows green life on a blackened forest of dead twigs

dramasnot6
04-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Beautiful adol, just lovely.

Love is the ultimate proof of being human.

dramasnot6
04-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Love makes you love yourself.

Lote-Tree
04-20-2007, 12:01 PM

How does that work then?

dramasnot6
04-20-2007, 12:27 PM
If you love something or someone you feel closer to yourself, loving yourself and loving others work together to create love. :)

Lote-Tree
04-20-2007, 12:36 PM
If you love something or someone you feel closer to yourself, loving yourself and loving others work together to create love. :)

So you would expect no one to kill themselves for love? :-)

dramasnot6
04-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Maybe their love was strong that they felt if their love for someone else was shattered then so would their love for themselves, and then life would not be worth living. But there are many reasons someone would do that, and I would rather not generalize on such a serious matter as suicide.

Love is a neurological bath of endorphins.

kilted exile
04-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Love is blissful ignorance

brokenheartpoet
04-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Love is a teenager nightmare, and Adult's dreams, and Newlywed and old couples greater strength.

dramasnot6
04-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Love is a constant imbalance of the old and the new, leaving one with weak knees and metaphysical falls on the head.

Il Penseroso
04-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Love is religion turned inward.

toni
04-23-2007, 03:16 AM
Love is the leaning of two sunsets.

white camellia
04-23-2007, 04:07 AM

Or, love makes you see yourself.

vodka
04-24-2007, 12:28 PM
love has surface tension.

white camellia
04-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Love is justified violation.

Adolescent09
04-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Love starts an odyssey called Infatuation but ultimately ends in depravity.

Lote-Tree
04-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Love is justified violation.

Nay. Love violates not. Not would it allow itself to be violated.

"Love seeketh not itself to please..."

Lote-Tree
04-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Love starts an odyssey called Infatuation but ultimately ends in depravity.

LOL :-) Depravity?

Should that be despair?

No doubt that the pain of unrequited love is like hot iron through the soul - but is that depravity?

Adolescent09
04-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Promiscuity, superfluous decadence and general profligate concepts. Yes, I meant depravity :p.

Lote-Tree
04-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Promiscuity, superfluous decadence and general profligate concepts. Yes, I meant depravity :p.

But Love is not Sex.

Love is that ever-expansive feeling that knows no hate. Love is that ever-expressing feeling that knows no boundaries...

Adolescent09
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
I was talking about the negative side of love which can result in depravity... Love does have an evil side.. It can be used to manipulate, extortionate and inflict emotional pain.
Love is as you said, "omnipresent and knowing no hate", but ironically it can also cause hate and promote envy (look at Shakespeare tragedies and The Count of Monte Cristo)
I agree with your post Lote, but I also believe love can be very deceptive.

kandaurov
04-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, Adol, I too tried my hand at an alternative depiction of the concept of love, but seemingly that's not what people want in this thread :p Which is a shame, because Love as a divinely wonderful feeling is a bit washed out in my opinion, and a modernist, pessimist, cynical, humorous and provocative approach to it is to me more refreshing ;)

Riesa
04-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Love is something invented with the intention to misrepresent the true nature of debauched activity, and a means in which to lure young girls into marital enslavement. wait, that's not very poetic now, is it. :blush:

okay... love is the sheen off sun-drenched swallow's wings that pierces hearts and adds opaqueness to the deepest recesses of our translucent souls with the purest shared spiritual clarity available to humankind. maybe.

setPhree
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
my signature. from the pages of Les Miserables by the literary giant Victor Hugo

Lote-Tree
04-25-2007, 03:53 PM
I was talking about the negative side of love which can result in depravity... Love does have an evil side.. It can be used to manipulate, extortionate and inflict emotional pain.

Yes. I can understand that. "Love" for many becomes a manipulation game - a mere power-play between the Weak and the Strong. But concept of Love is totally opposite to that. Love is actually an equaliser between the Weak and the Strong.

Love is as you said, "omnipresent and knowing no hate", but ironically it can also cause hate and promote envy (look at Shakespeare tragedies and The Count of Monte Cristo) I agree with your post Lote, but I also believe love can be very deceptive.

Perhaps we can look at it differently. We can think of love as being the ONLY emotion. All other emotions are gradation of that emotion. So hate would be at the opposite end of this gradation scale. Most of us perhaps are hovering at the middle of this scale - sometimes going towards the extreme then coming back to the centre again. When we experience a moment of pure love we have moved off the centre towards love itself. This "transcendental moment of happiness" however only lasts for a moment because we as mere mortals can't sustain it for very long and thus we come back to hover at the the centre again or move towards the extreme.

Jolly McJollyso
04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Love is a soft pillow one lays down so he can rest his head on misery and dream that it doesn't exist.

Adolescent09
04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
But concept of Love is totally opposite to that. Love is actually an equaliser between the Weak and the Strong.

Perhaps we can look at it differently. We can think of love as being the ONLY emotion. All other emotions are gradation of that emotion. So hate would be at the opposite end of this gradation scale. Most of us perhaps are hovering at the middle of this scale - sometimes going towards the extreme then coming back to the centre again. When we experience a moment of pure love we have moved off the centre towards love itself. This "transcendental moment of happiness" however only lasts for a moment because we as mere mortals can't sustain it for very long and thus we come back to hover at the the centre again or move towards the extreme.

Love equates the 'Strong' to the 'Weak'? Geez, I always thought the strong and the weak were diametrically opposite in all aspects of natural tendencies. Examples: Kings and Peasants, Wives with vocations Men with no vocations, Men with vocations wives with no vocations, Lions and street mice, King Cockroaches and Ants, The 'Strong' and the 'Weak'. Catch my drift?

Love is the only emotion? I must say your celestial reasoning transcends my tattered, rodent brain. According to your analysis of love, we are all on a moderate scale of it? Or at least most of us? Do you mean that we all have the ability to love, yet we aren't always excercising it because the 'chance' is not there at that moment?

I think you should clip your fair angel wings and float back down to earth loverboy. Experiencing a moment of pure love? Sounds like something Nicholas Sparks would say if you ask me. Is this 'pure love' sex or are you going to delve into more obfuscated mysticism to explain this point?

This "transcendental moment of happiness" however only lasts for a moment because we as mere mortals can't sustain it for very long and thus we come back to hover at the the centre again or move towards the extreme
Sounds like something a man who just got laid then dumped 10 minutes after would say.

You're a lot smarter than I am Lote, so don't take anything I say seriously. Thank-you and have an exceptional day :D.
------------------------

Back to topic: The 'valve' of love is an empty chasm ensconced with a liquid undefined which is the love juice of another mate.

Jolly McJollyso
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
This "transcendental moment of happiness" however only lasts for a moment because we as mere mortals can't sustain it for very long and thus we come back to hover at the the centre again or move towards the extreme.
Longinus much?

Madhuri
04-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Love equates the 'Strong' to the 'Weak'? Geez, I always thought the strong and the weak were diametrically opposite in all aspects of natural tendencies. Examples: Kings and Peasants, Wives with vocations Men with no vocations, Men with vocations wives with no vocations, Lions and street mice, King Cockroaches and Ants, The 'Strong' and the 'Weak'. Catch my drift?

I think what he (I am not sure if you -- Lote, are a guy or a girl) meant was -- Love can be a common ground for both the strong and the weak. All the examples that you gave can have love as the common emotion, a level at which they can relate despite their differences. Opposites attract. :D

shadowy girl
04-26-2007, 04:03 AM
Love is that coat that keeps you warm in wintery nights.
That is why I'll always feel nth but snow freezing me...

vhaney
04-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Love is the hemlock that I desire

Lote-Tree
04-26-2007, 10:43 AM

Even as a King you can't force someone to love you. Thus King become powerless. Hence Love is the equaliser between the weak and the strong.

Love is the only emotion? I must say your celestial reasoning transcends my tattered, rodent brain.

Please no self-effacement here. It is only a discussion we are having - nothing serious :-)

According to your analysis of love, we are all on a moderate scale of it? Or at least most of us?

Yes, I would like to think so.

Do you mean that we all have the ability to love....

Yes. I would like to think so.

, yet we aren't always excercising it because the 'chance' is not there at that moment?

We all have to learn the lessons of love in our lives in our own way to understand what love means. Some of our experiences either lead us to the extreme - anger, hate, despair and other experiences leads us to joy, happiness and hope. But both experiences teaches something about what love means.

I think you should clip your fair angel wings and float back down to earth loverboy.

LOL :-) And if we did that then there won't be any Wordsworth, Shakespeare, Keats, Shelley etc :-) It is with "fair angel" wings that we rise above the messy contradictions of our lives and see something more meaningful than we could do with earth-bound eyes.

"What a piece of work is man!
How noble in reason!
how infinite in faculties!
in form and moving, how express and admirable!
in action how like an angel!
in apprehension, how like a god!

Experiencing a moment of pure love? Sounds like something Nicholas Sparks would say if you ask me. Is this 'pure love' sex or are you going to delve into more obfuscated mysticism to explain this point?

It is this: Love seeketh not itself to please.

Take away Sex factor and whatever remains - if anything - would be Love.

Sounds like something a man who just got laid then dumped 10 minutes after would say.

But LOVE is not Sex. Take away the Sex and whatever remains - if anything - would be love.

You're a lot smarter than I am Lote, so don't take anything I say seriously. Thank-you and have an exceptional day .

Nothing taken seriously. And I am not smart - just an ordinary "joe bloggs" of a human being. And you should not take anything written on a forum seriously ;-)

Lote-Tree
04-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I think what he (I am not sure if you are a guy or a girl) meant was

I am a guy :-)

Love can be a common ground for both the strong and the weak.

Yes, that too but not quite. We could have common ground on many things.

It is just that even as a King you can't force someone to love you. Hence love is the great eqauliser between the strong and the weak.