PDA

View Full Version : Differences

HappyHeart
04-11-2007, 06:13 AM
I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice in my school in Azerbaijan, and I have this worksheet for homework. It asks me what the main differences between Jane bennet and Elizabeth Bennet are in the first seven chapters only. Can you please help me out?? I am completely stuck with having to pull the answer out of these chapters. Thanks in advance!!!
Happy heart:)

HappyHeart
04-11-2007, 06:22 AM
I need help on Pride and Prejudice. What are the main differences between jane Bennet and Elizabeth in the 1st seven chapters of the novel??
Happy heart

sciencefan
04-12-2007, 10:37 AM
That's kind of a tough question because I have been used to thinking of them as so much alike.

Did you know the book is online on this website and you can search the entire text?

There is such a fine line between helping someone with their homework,
and doing the work for them.
I remember how difficult such questions were for me when I was in school,
so in the interest of helping my fellow man,
I will attempt to direct you, without just handing it to you on a silver platter.

I would search for the word Jane and read the context for information about how the girls are different.

Just a note about the search engine,
it sometimes puts some results from the first 9 chapters at the bottom of the page,
so check the bottom of the list, too for results for the first 7 chapters.

I just conducted this search, and here are my results:
In chapter 1 I found 2 comparisons you could mention.
In chapter 3 there is a brief description of Elizabeth's "disposition" and if you can find one of Jane, it might prove to be different.
If you read very carefully, chapter 4 will give you a quite a few comparisons to make.
In chapter 6 there is a description of Jane's "temper" that you may be able to cleverly compare to Elizabeth's "disposition" mentioned in chapter 3.

If you use quotes from the book,
you will substantiate your claims.
I think you have quite enough information there to write a nice essay.