PDA

View Full Version : Hamlet With a Star Wars Twist

Zirkle2007
04-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone. A group of my fellow students and I have been given the task of reenacting Hamlet. We got to choose the way we want to reenact it, and my group decided to perform a few scenes as if they were a part in Star Wars. If anyone with some knowledge on both topics would like to give us some suggestions, we would greatly appriciate it! Thanks! Oh, I believe its Act 5, Scene I and II, but I'll get the exact parts on here ASAP!

RobinHood3000
04-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Yorick = Salacious Crumb, from Return of the Jedi. Just a thought. Also, I assume you've looked at the lightsaber fight scene angle. However, if you want to figure out a way to make the swords "poisoned," I would recommend the use of a bladed weapon, such as a vibro-pike or something similar. Wookieepedia is your friend.

Zirkle2007
04-09-2007, 11:37 PM
Also, I assume you've looked at the lightsaber fight scene angle. However, if you want to figure out a way to make the swords "poisoned," I would recommend the use of a bladed weapon, such as a vibro-pike or something similar.

We have looked into this, and we would like to use lightsabers...but the poisoned blade does add a twist. I forgot about using some bladed weapons from the series. Thanks for the suggestion!

RobinHood3000
04-10-2007, 05:55 AM
Alternately, some obscure reference to a Dark-Side-imbued lightsaber could allow you to claim to have a lightsaber for which the smallest injury would cause death. Just so you know that you have options.

Nightshade
04-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Interesting...but your not going to do the best Act :( Act 3,

Rinas_Jaded
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I think we will do well.:p

Nirome
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
We have looked into this, and we would like to use lightsabers...but the poisoned blade does add a twist. I forgot about using some bladed weapons from the series. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here's an idea for you guys. :idea: In episode II "Attack of the Clones," Jango Fett used a poisoned dart to end the hapless shape-changer's miserable existence after she failed for the 2nd time to assassinate Senator Amadala. The shape-changer was due for a career change anyway.

Later

Zirkle2007
04-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Here's an idea for you guys. :idea: In episode II "Attack of the Clones," Jango Fett used a poisoned dart to end the hapless shape-changer's miserable existence after she failed for the 2nd time to assassinate Senator Amadala. The shape-changer was due for a career change anyway.

Later

That also would work. We could possibly have the main battle being fought with lightsabers, then Laertes pulls out a little dart gun and could shoot it into Hamlet...I'll have to look into this more! Thanks! :thumbs_up

Zirkle2007
04-11-2007, 10:09 AM
Act V Scene I (Lines 230-305)
Act V Scene II (Lines 239-398)

PolarTucan
04-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Im pretty pumped about our scene. (I play the doctor and Hamlet) I cant cant cant wait.

Hyatt07
04-11-2007, 11:12 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Polar Tucan (Amelia) on this one. I can't wait.

Cordell Walker
04-20-2007, 10:14 AM
I'm going to have to agree with Polar Tucan (Amelia) on this one. I can't wait.

After acting out this one yesterday I would have to say that it turned out pretty well. Turning the tussle between Hamlet and Laertes into a lightsabre duel was fun and still stuck with the general storyline. After the way this one turned out scene two should be a walk in the park.

Rinas_Jaded
04-20-2007, 10:17 AM
After acting out this one yesterday I would have to say that it turned out pretty well. Turning the tussle between Hamlet and Laertes into a lightsabre duel was fun and still stuck with the general storyline. After the way this one turned out scene two should be a walk in the park.

I very much agree with your statement Itwas quite easy. I look forward to the next scenes..