PDA

View Full Version : plz help!! "fathers and son" - Ivan

shark_man88
04-04-2007, 11:57 PM
hey...jst wondering if someone could find me some quotes that talks about the relationship between Nikolai (father) and Arkady (son)

bazarov
04-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Who is Ivan?

Scheherazade
04-05-2007, 02:49 PM
The author maybe?

bazarov
04-06-2007, 06:17 AM
The author maybe?

:p :p :p OOOOOOPS!

bazarov
04-06-2007, 08:12 AM
Well, I have read it a long ago, so finding quotes would take some time. But, there are some situations that shows clearly how son loves his father, no matter of his nihilism.
At the beginning, there is a warm welcome to Arkady by his father and son is clearly happy for seeing his father after such a long time. When they come to Kirsanov's residence, they are happy together, having long long conversations, about their life, nihilism, Russian society etc. Arkady starts to struggle in his nihilism; because he obviously cannot decline love for his family, especially for his father; there were situations when he asked Bazarov to be nicer and not that harsh to Nikolay.
Nikolay is also worried about l Arkady's reaction about his love with Fenyusha, and he is delighted to see his son happy because of that; which was really strange for those times; middle of 19th century.
Therefore, I think there was a great love between them.

shark_man88
04-07-2007, 12:29 AM
:flare: hey...jst wondering if someone could find me some quotes that talks about the relationship between Nikolai (father) and Arkady (son)