PDA

View Full Version : Literary Site--Reviews of Short Stories

Don Schneider
03-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Although I've written only one work of literature, a rather long short story presented on a free access internet zine, I've been a voracious reader since childhood. I've started a personal website originally intended as a special-interest topics site, but it seems to be "morphing" more into a literary site.

As a hobby, I write reviews of short works, mostly free access internet work. So if anyone seems like they would be interested in reading a story I review, I provide the link so one can easily do so (in most cases). This is all gratis, of course. There's nothing to buy or donate to. As I said, it's just a hobby for me.

So far, I have reviewed five stories, and I hope to write perhaps one new one a month as time permits. They can be found by clicking the button link on the left of the Welcome Page titled "Literary Reviews." I review both literary stories as well as genre pieces. Also, strictly from the standpoint of a longtime habitual reader, I offer my insights on the craft of writing, which one can agree with or disagree with as one pleases, of course. The essays are found by clicking "On Writing."

The remainder of the website is devoted to special-interest topics revolving around the story I wrote (for which I've written an author's commentary as well). Most here will probably not be interested, though some might be. I have no interest in writing any more works of fiction. I'm a reader and not a writer. There are, after all, worse things to be, and without readers like many of us here, writers would be nothing but diarists!

Thank you for the opportunity to post here. It is indeed a privilege, and I thank our host and all affiliated with this forum.

--Don Schneider

Don Schneider
03-31-2007, 05:11 PM
It has been brought to my attention--being new here--that one is not permitted to post external URLs on the forum. I apologize for not realizing this, and I have added my homepage URL to my profile if anyone is interested.

I also hope to begin to read some of the stories presented here as soon as time permits, which I'm certain shall be my pleasure!

Once again, please accept my apologies.

--Don Schneider