PDA

View Full Version : German student needs help with courswork about Lady Macbeth

mieze_katsch
03-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Hello,
I'm a German exchange student :alien: and I have to do a coursework about Lady Macbeth. We have read to Act 2 Scene 2 by now and will start with it tomorrow. If somebody would like to help me with this I would be very thankful.
We have to write about her characterism including her relationship to Macbeth. So please:bawling: help me with this ;)
Thank You:wave:

Morgaine
04-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Hi! I´m a portuguese student and I have to do a presentation about Lady Macbeth also. What I have understood so far about her, is that she has no fear and having no fear gives her "vaulting ambition".
Macbeth has "vaulting ambition" (I,vii,26) before he kills King Duncan, but otherwise Lady Macbeth he fears. "We will proceed no further in this business." (I,vii,31)
Lady Macbeth beggins to fear when Macbeth kills the guards of King Duncan, because she realises she has lost control over Macbeth. When Macbeth says that was he who killed the guards, she faints.

I hope I have helped. I need some more thoughts on Lady Macbeth myself.

the_black_skye
07-30-2008, 04:29 AM
In Act2:2 Lady Macbeth is very much the driving force for Macbeth ambitions. He is to " full o' the milk of human kindness" in the beginning despite his military background he is by no means a cold blooded killer.
Lady Macbeth attempts to reassure her husband " little water cleans us of this dead". However it becomes quite the opposite with both the Macbeths moral turmoil. Lady Macbeth may appear as the force behind the prophecy however she does not murder anyone herself.

-

Bloomy
01-13-2010, 11:50 AM
When Macbeth says that was he who killed the guards, she faints.

I thought Lady Macbeth pretended to do so in order to distract them???!!!

Dinkleberry2010
01-13-2010, 04:07 PM
The change that Lady Macbeth undergoes is, I think, the biggest blunder that Shakespeare made in any of his plays. There is no explanation given by Shakespeare of why Lady Macbeth changes. She is at first cold-blooded, lacking in conscience, goading Macbeth on. It seems that conscience is awakened in her, but no reason or explanation is given by Shakespeare of why or how this change occurs in Lady Macbeth. There desperately needs to be a scene added in Macbeth which shows why Lady Macbeth changes.

Gladys
01-13-2010, 08:51 PM
She is at first cold-blooded, lacking in conscience, goading Macbeth on. It seems that conscience is awakened in her, but no reason or explanation is given by Shakespeare of why or how this change occurs in Lady Macbeth.

Like Raskolnikov in Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment, one's state of mind is apt to change radically after committing a premeditated, heinous crime.