PDA

View Full Version : Help ME!!!please

ItalianGirl
03-22-2007, 08:26 AM
hi everybody!!!!!!!

i'm an italian girl, i live in italy..
i need an help...
my english isn't perfect(sorry!), so i'd like you correct my summary..
it is the summary of the story written by Hawtorne "the scarlet letter"..i've read the book and i liked this story a lot!!!!!!!!!:thumbs_up
can anyone correct my summary please????:blush:

"the story set in Puritan New England(specifically Boston) in the seventeenth century, where Hester Prynne arrived to escape the persecution.Her husband sent her ahead to America, but he never arrived in Boston.
While waiting for her husband, hester discovered to be pregnant:since that moment her life changed, she became an adulteress, and she was condemned to wear the scarlet letter A on the breast of her gown, the punishment for her sin and her secret.
The situation degenerateed when Hester's husband, Roger Chillingworth, arrived in Boston.
He discovered that his wife had betrayed him and he wanted to take revenge.
His investigation became so incessant that he understood who was Hester's lover: the revenrend athur dimmesdale.
the commovent story enden with the death of dimmesdale, after having revealed the ecret who united dimmesdale and hester:their love"

help me please!!!!kisses from italy!!!:yawnb:

eagleshire
03-22-2007, 12:16 PM
"the story took place on Puritan New England (specifically Boston) in the seventeenth century, where Hester Prynne escaped from the religious persecution in England. Her husband sent her ahead to America, but he never arrived in Boston.
While waiting for her husband, hester discovered to be pregnant:since that moment her life changed, she became an adulteress, and she was condemned to wear the scarlet letter on the breast of her gown, the punishment for her sin and her secret.
The situation degenerateed when Hester's husband, Roger Chillingworth, arrived in Boston.
He discovered that his wife had betrayed him and he wanted to take revenge.
His investigation became so incessant that he understood who was Hester's lover: the revenrend Arhtur dimmesdale.
the commovent story end with Dimmesdale´s death , after having revealed the secret who united dimmesdale and hester:their love"

Wonderful there is a film about that bool also with Demi Moore, who by the way was perfect in that role