PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know answers to these questions?

Mike17
03-16-2004, 05:29 PM
I got some of them but I cant seem to find others. I've read the story couple of times, but I just thought I might get some help in here.

Act I
1. In Scene I, what do Flavius and Marcellus want the commoners to do?
2. What is the Soothsayer's advice to Caesar?
3. Explain the difference between the views of Caesar held by Cassius and Brutus.
4. Caesar clearly gives his thoughts about Cassius. What does he say?
5. Summarize Casca's explanation of why Caesar looked so sad.
6. At the end of Scene II in lines 312 - 326, Cassius makes plans. What plans does he make? Why?
7. Casca says, "For I believe they are portentous things/Unto the climate that they point upon." What does he mean?
8. Why does Cassius want Brutus to join the conspiracy?

Act II
1. To what decision does Brutus come in his orchard? Why?
2. What does Lucius give to Brutus in Scene I?
3. Why doesn't Brutus want to swear an oath with the conspirators?
4. For what reason does Metellus Cimber want Cicero to join the conspiracy?
5. Brutus is against including Cicero and against killing Mark Antony. Why?
6. Why did Brutus say, "Render me worthy of this noble wife!"?
7. Of what does Calpurnia try to convince Caesar?
8. Caesar yields to Calpurnia's wishes at first. Why does he change his mind and decide to go to the Senate meeting?
9. What does the note Artemidorus wants to give to Caesar say?

Act III
1. What is ironic about the timing of Caesar's murder (in relation to the preceding events)?
2. In the moments following Caesar's death, what do the conspirators proclaim to justify their deed?
3. Antony's servant brings a message to Brutus. What does he say?
4. Antony wants to speak at Caesar's funeral. What reaction does Brutus have? Cassius?
5. Under what conditions will Antony speak at the funeral?
6. What did Brutus say to the people at the funeral?
7. What did Antony say to the people at the funeral in his now famous "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears" speech?
8. Why did Brutus and Cassius flee Rome?
9. What is the point of Act III Scene III?

Julius Caesar Short Answer Study Guide Page 3

Act IV

1. What did Antony, Octavius, and Lepidus gather to discuss?
2. To what does Antony compare Lepidus?
3. What problem has developed between Cassius and Brutus? How is it resolved?
4. What news did Messala bring Brutus?
5. For what reasons does Brutus want to lead his armies to Philippi?
6. What message did Caesar's ghost bring Brutus?

Act V
1. Why did Pindarus stab Cassius?
2. What causes Titinius to say, "The sun of Rome is set!"?
3. Who do the soldiers believe they have captured in Scene IV? Who is it really?
4. How does Brutus die?
5. Why did Antony say Brutus was the "noblest Roman of them all"?

den
03-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Hi Mike ..

these are some pretty specific questions. You may not get the answers you're looking for, and it almost reads like you're asking for help with an assignment of sorts. You may find it helpful to do some searches on this forum as well, some of these questions may have been discussed before in previous topics.

IWilKikU
03-17-2004, 02:59 PM
yeah Mike, we're more into discussion than rattling off answers to questions.

Mike17
03-18-2004, 11:09 PM
Ok, I found all questions. I need help with these only.

- Caesar yields to Calpurnia's wishes at first. Why does he change his mind and decide to go to the Senate meeting?
- What is ironic about the timing of Caesar's murder (in relation to the preceding events)?
- What is the point of Act III Scene III?
- What did Antony, Octavius, and Lepidus gather to discuss?
- To what does Antony compare Lepidus?
- What news did Messala bring Brutus?
- For what reasons does Brutus want to lead his armies to Philippi?
- Who do the soldiers believe they have captured in Scene IV? Who is it really?

Thanks again

IWilKikU
03-19-2004, 08:15 PM
Mike, we don't really like to spit out answers to work sheets. If you want to discuss something that requires more than a one line answer, I'm sure you'll be able to find some interesting discussion here.

amuse
03-19-2004, 09:05 PM
Mike 17, you claim to have read this a couple of times. Did you briefly peruse instead? Are/were you on a deadline?

I don't know if your instructors have mentioned this recently, but your assignments are designed for you to learn. Do you not like Shakespeare? If not, that's fine, and if you haven't time, the same, but we would be doing you a huge disservice if we answered your questions for you. Maybe you'd like to reopen a discussion if there are points you'd like further clarification on?

Not to be rude - just a little stunned by this particular thread.

Blade
04-08-2004, 07:57 AM
i agree with the fact that we should not give out answers to worksheet questions, however, discussion of essay topics given as an assignment, in my opinion is OK

GoldenTears
04-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Um. Wow. I got that from school. If you read carefully, it'll take you less than an hour to answer those, especially if you've read the play before.

Kendall
04-26-2004, 03:17 AM
GoldenTears, you have my most favourite quote from Macbeth in your signature, I'm pleased about that!!
Mike17, sorry I haven't read that book yet ; otherwise I would consider helping you.

amuse
04-26-2004, 11:24 AM
it's been about 6 weeks or so; his paper's probably back by now.

emily655321
04-26-2004, 12:24 PM
LOL and I'm guessing less than stellar. That was just a tad audacious, in my opinion. If you want these nerds to give you their homework, you at least have to threaten to steal our lunch money first. :D :D

verybaddmom
04-26-2004, 07:02 PM
LMAO Em, perfect....
i guess you werent here, but my first post on this forum i was looking for some helpful insight for an essay, on, of course, Oscar Wilde's work....anyhow, i was completely bombarded with insults from a guy who thought that i should do my "own" work. (which, btw, i was) i just wanted some insights, or a chance to discuss the play, but my questions were way less direct than this one. what i cant figure out is why the guy who attacked me didnt attack "mike"??
maybe he just didnt like my nickname...i bet he had mother issues!!

amuse
04-26-2004, 07:47 PM
mm, probably. :rolleyes:
oh, btw, everyone, i want to do an indepth analysis of les mis, only i don't plan to read it until 1210 (or finish it before 1215), but the paper's due next week, and i only need to cover 42 major points, y'all will help, won't you? ;) :p

IWilKikU
04-26-2004, 08:51 PM
The guy who attacked you only shows up once in a blue moon. He's been a member for over a year but has less than 30 posts. If he was here now, I'm sure he would either ignore Mike17 because he didn't figure any of us would actually jump when he barked. But God forbid someone try to start some <gasp> discussion! That guy's an *******. You two (much newer time wise than him) have a much better understanding of how the forums work and who the people on them are.