PDA

View Full Version : O Henry/PG Wodehouse

Mutuo Mbilla
03-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Great to see so many people who want to read books! I can tell you there arent enough around me...I stumbled across this site as I was searching for some O Henry stories, and now that I have found them, I cant help finding his style so similar to P G Wodehouse...anyone read him?

Philip Knight
06-19-2007, 12:41 AM
As far as the Jeeves stories go, I think the main difference between the two is that Wodehouse's narrator would stare at you like a drunken goldfish, in an attemt to look smart. Henry's never would.

I always thought that Henry could be compared a bit with Dickens.

pgwodehousefan
05-18-2008, 09:38 AM
I think Wodehouse's style is more breezy and light than Henry's, he, in his own words completely ignores real life and makes a sort of musical comedy and his male characters are either lovable funny, witty geniuses or lovable delusional, batty nuts, with expressions and I quote like dyspeptic calves.
Funnily enough, kind of like Mr Mbilla, I stumbled upon this site looking for Wodehouse stories.

pgwodehousefan
05-18-2008, 09:41 AM
As far as the Jeeves stories go, I think the main difference between the two is that Wodehouse's narrator would stare at you like a drunken goldfish, in an attemt to look smart. Henry's never would.

I always thought that Henry could be compared a bit with Dickens.

LOVE the drunken goldfish cooment. But I didn't get the comparison with Dickens