PDA

View Full Version : Whats the huck's view on slavery during the changing of story?

zkd5731727
03-05-2007, 11:46 PM
anyone give me any significant stories???i found some on chapter 31 where huck wrote a letter to ms watson and he has this internal conflict rather he send it or not,,thats one,,anyone give me some more?plz/

dmoretta
03-06-2007, 01:12 AM
Here are a few quotations which may help.

“It was fifteen minutes before I could work myself up to go and humble myself to a nigger—but I done it, and I warn’t ever sorry for it afterwards, neither. I didn’t do him no more mean tricks, and I wouldn’t done that one if I’d a knowed it would make him feel that way” . (end of Ch. 15)

“Here was this nigger which I had as good as helped to run away, coming right out flat-footed and saying he would steal his children—children that belonged to a man I didn’t even know; a man that hadn’t ever done me no harm. I was sorry to hear Jim say that, it was such a lowering of him” . ( Ch. 16)

“He was thinking about his wife and his children, away up yonder, and he was low and homesick; because he hadn’t ever been away from home before in his life; and I do believe he cared just as much for his people as white folks does for their’n. It don’t seem natural, but I reckon it’s so”