PDA

View Full Version : Mind's Ability

Virgil
03-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Not sure where to put this, but I thought it was interesting. As someone known for poor typing and creative spelling, I now don't feel too bad. :D

This is amazing, just read it at your normal pace... your brain does the rest.

Don't even think about using spell check!!!!!!!!

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too. Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be
in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it

sam96
03-01-2007, 09:58 AM
I always knew i was strange :p.
It was hard at all for me to read this.
Someone can't?!!
And it is interesting.;)

Redzeppelin
03-01-2007, 10:26 AM
I've seen this stuff before, Virgil, and I thought it was fascinating. It makes sense that the problem of dyslexia (letters rearranging themselves out of natural order) can also work in reverse.

hyperborean
03-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Is it really true that only 55 out of 100 people can read that?

Virgil
03-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Is it really true that only 55 out of 100 people can read that?

I don't believe it. I haven't seen anyone who can't yet.

Neo_Sephiroth
03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Not sure where to put this, but I thought it was interesting. As someone known for poor typing and creative spelling, I now don't feel too bad. :D

:lol: Dude, what's up, man? I can read that thing perfectly fine!

Maybe this is a joke?:p Actually, I'm pretty sure that there are some people out there that might have a hard time reading this...Maybe some of the contestents for the show "Street Smarts" or the folks they find on "Jerry Springer"...Among other places

Bii
03-01-2007, 03:37 PM
This gets used in advertising at railway stations (in UK). Apparently, providing the first letter and last letter are right, your mind can work out the bit in the middle to determine what the word is supposed to be. Never come across someone who couldn't do it, so far anyway.

You could go one step further and apply this to speed reading (which I do) as you don't so much see the individual words but rather the text as a whole.

bazarov
03-02-2007, 01:56 PM
:lol: Dude, what's up, man? I can read that thing perfectly fine!

Maybe this is a joke?:p Actually, I'm pretty sure that there are some people out there that might have a hard time reading this...Maybe some of the contestents for the show "Street Smarts" or the folks they find on "Jerry Springer"...Among other places

I can also read it without problem. The thing is in my brain;:)
When you read, brain catches first and the last letter and then recognizes the word, so brain see fi yuo cna raed tihs like if you can read this
Actually. the weird thing to me is that only 55/100 can read this normally. No offense, of course:D

hyperborean
03-02-2007, 02:29 PM
I wonder where the "55/100" statistic came from.

Neo_Sephiroth
03-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I wonder where the "55/100" statistic came from.

That's what I was thinking, man!:lol: Great minds think alike!:lol:

grace86
03-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Yeah I have seen this before, and I can read it too. That statistic is interesting.

Matrim Cuathon
03-06-2007, 06:11 PM
the statistic is wrong.

Taliesin
03-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Well, this might be so in english, where the words are really short and most of them have only one syllable and therefore there are less variants of words(plus, the words are only slightly scrambled, only a few letters have been switched), but we have read a similar text in Estonian and there it is much more difficult to understand because first, the words are longer and second, Estonian cases and other things which are grammatical constructions are parts of the words (they are put in the end of the word) and therefore, when scrambling them with the root of the word, it not only hardens the understandability of the word but also the understandability of the whole sentence.