PDA

View Full Version : Hello from The Realm Where Glimpses Dwell...

Batguy21784
01-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Hi to all hear at LNF. I was surfing and just happened to find this place. Can't believe I hadn't known about it earlier. You see, I am a literature teacher of 16 years, and as of last year a published author.

I write YA fantasy. My first three books make up The Door Within Trilogy. I've heard it described as something like crossing Eragon with the Chronicles of Narnia. Flattering for sure, but at least from a plot perspective is only somewhat accurate. If you'd like to know more about my books, check out:
thedoorwithin.com

or visit my blog at:
enterthedoorwithin.blogspot.com

Anyway. I'm just saying hello. I look forward to talking with folks here, and hopefully making some friend. I tend to read fantasy, mostly, but I also like mystery, suspense, thriller, scifi, and some horror. (Lincoln Child and Doug Preston, for example.)

And, I'm not sure what the Mods are like here, but please let me make it clear that I am not spamming this site. Sure I want people to know about my books---they are like my children and I am proud of them. But I am here to talk literature with folks and make a friend or two.

kathycf
02-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Anyway. I'm just saying hello. I look forward to talking with folks here, and hopefully making some friend. I tend to read fantasy, mostly, but I also like mystery, suspense, thriller, scifi, and some horror. (Lincoln Child and Doug Preston, for example.)

I also enjoy fantasy and mystery/suspense and horror. I read and enjoy novels from all differet genres but those are my favorites. Welcome! :)

Batguy21784
02-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Thanks, Kathy! Seems like a cool place. What fantasy have you been into? I read a lot of YA stuff--being a reading teacher, that sort of happend. Really into LotR and a new author named Alison Croggon, The Naming and Donita K. Paul, Dragonspell-- cool stuff.

B-Mental
02-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi Batguy welcome to the forums. Lots of fantasy lovers here. I too am a LoTR nut as well as dying for the new George RR Martin book from the Fire and Ice series. Enjoy ;)

kathycf
02-03-2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks, Kathy! Seems like a cool place. What fantasy have you been into? I read a lot of YA stuff--being a reading teacher, that sort of happend. Really into LotR and a new author named Alison Croggon, The Naming and Donita K. Paul, Dragonspell-- cool stuff.
Oh, I am a big Tolkien fan as well. I also really like Charles de Lint, Mercedes Lackey, among others. I am currently re-reading The Crystal Cave which is part of the Merlin trilogy by Mary Stewart, and just finished the Bitterbynde trilogy (again) by Cecilia Dart-Thornton. I like them because of the use of legend and folklore respectively, which I also find very interesting. :)

Laindessiel
02-03-2007, 02:26 AM
or visit my blog at:
enterthedoorwithin.blogspot.com

Please tell The One True King I am pleased to meet him.

And even though I am not a tween anymore, I think I will like your books! I'm especially interested in The Final Storm. By the way, very dark trailer there, Mr. Wayne!

Your preferences are most interesting! I like them too.

And, I'm not sure what the Mods are like here, but please let me make it clear that I am not spamming this site. Sure I want people to know about my books---they are like my children and I am proud of them. But I am here to talk literature with folks and make a friend or two.

You sure look like an honest bloke. :) Don't worry about it.

Welcome to LitNet! We sure would like to get to know a published author better!

Cien
02-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi, Batguy. What grade/grades do you teach? How long does it tend to take you to write a book? How easy/difficult was it to find an agent and then a publisher? Okay, I'll stop interrogating you...

mir
02-03-2007, 09:50 AM
Hey, Batguy, welcome! :) I'm sure you'll fit right in just judging from the title of your thread. It certainly got me interested.

I still like both Eragon and the Chronicles of Narnia; they're fun books to revisit every once in a while. I'll have to try your books too! I write scifi myself, so I certainly hope to get to talk to you sometime around. Have a good time here!