PDA

View Full Version : The way

jpatton
01-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Hesse showed amazing insight and understanding through his story telling. I was very curious as to how he would wrap things up and he did so splendidly.
The Truth cant be put into words. The best that can be done is a pointing in the right direction. Siddhartha was in fact Buddha, as we all are, though we may not realize it. Unfortunately, we can never realize this being mere followers. If you want to know the path ahead, ask those coming back. Thats what we have the chance to do with this story. Though all our paths are different we are still chasing something that we dont realize is already here. Some have to learn it the hard way. Govinda spent many years with the Buddha himself and yet couldnt get beyond being a "follower". This story, in fact, contains everything, if you are ready to see it. When words and thoughts disappear what are you left with? Who are you left with? Are you still seeking, chasing and running? Where could you run anyway? The path begins and ends "here". It always has.

rizagirl
02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I never really liked the book. We had to read it so I had really no idea what it was about...I am intrested more into anime and well teen books. Siddhartha was way past my reading lvl so I cant help u sorry:(