PDA

View Full Version : The Count of Monte Cristo

Nikolai
01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Hello everybody. I have to write this paper about T.C.O.M.C. and every site i check has a different opinion it seems. Which novel of Dumas' was T.C.O.M.C.? I have heard that it was around the 15th writing of his.... just wondering cus i think it would be a little bit better to know even what book it was in order to make this paper good.

Thanx,
Nikolai

Adolescent09
01-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I don't think knowing the written placement of Dumas' The Count of Monte Cristo will complement your paper very much although all of his works should be listed in chronological order on Lit Net somewhere..

B-Mental
01-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I think Ado09 is correct. The story stands alone and has little to do with the chronological order of Dumas' writings. There may be some slight nuances that would be noticable, but only if you were searching for them. Obviously this is not true of the Musketeers stories.

I found the following on Wikipedia, may help a little...
"Dumas made extensive use of the aid of numerous ghostwriters of which Auguste Maquet was the best known. It was Maquet who outlined the plot of The Count of Monte-Cristo and made substantial contributions to The Three Musketeers and its sequels, as well as several of Dumas' other novels. When working together, Maquet proposed plots and wrote drafts, while Dumas added the details, dialogues, and the final chapters."

good luck