PDA

View Full Version : Waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ayoub
01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
This was the worst book I ever read:flare: . :sick: It was horribly boring and long, and in fact I never even read the whole thing. Those who enjoy this book need to get a brain scan immediately:alien: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ALL NEED LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jean-Baptiste
01-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Now, where did I leave that brain scan? I'll have to find it later. I'm too busy liking great books at the moment to bother. :p

Welcome to the forums, ayoub! :wave:

Redzeppelin
01-11-2007, 12:41 AM
This was the worst book I ever read:flare: . :sick: It was horribly boring and long, and in fact I never even read the whole thing. Those who enjoy this book need to get a brain scan immediately:alien: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ALL NEED LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK - you've made your feelings clear - for what purpose? Is this to bait those of us who like the book to come and defend it, or is it a call for others similarly repulsed by it to come and commiserate with you over?

So you didn't like the book - so what? Books are like food: not every book is to everybody's taste. But I would suggest that you have set yourself up in two unflattering ways: 1) you have criticised a book you didn't even bother to finish - so as far as I'm concerned, you only know part of what you're dismissing; 2) you have insulted those of us who found the book powerful, moving and profound. I could easily tell you that your dislike of Dostoyevsky suggests that your vision of life is too shallow - but that statement wouldn't be fair or even true - I don't know you so I can't make such judgments based on your dislike of a book. How can you make such a judgment of those of us who do like the book?

As I tell my students: if you don't like a book, that may not be the author's fault: it may be yours. Maybe you just didn't "get" the book. Care to be more specific than just the generic complaints of "long and boring"?

dramasnot6
01-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Oh my...i am currently reading Crime and Punishment actually. I absolutely adore it and have not discovered such a superb insight into the human condition since Shakespeare. Perhaps it is your lack of understanding of the context of the book and your limited vocabulary(demonstrated in your post...thanks for the direct and cliche insults. You obviously have the potential to write much better?) that prevents you from appreciating it. Just a guess.

MiZz XxClUsIvE
01-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Ayoub, have you read the whole book yet? I don't think so, because it really is a great read. its those types of books that you just can't put down becuase you have know to what happens next. i think its hot how the author protrays his charachter, i feel like i really know them and what they might say or think next. Actually when i first read the book i thought it would be a bore too, maybe because i was assigned too and i was feeling a bit resentful, but i decided to go ahead and just read it, and you know what?
i loved it. i loved it so much im now currently reading another one of his works- the idiot. so yeah, i dont think you should judge it just yet-that is if you didn't read the book, if you did like redzepplin said, its not the authour its probbably because you just don't understand it.

ayoub
01-11-2007, 09:02 PM
I still think that "Crime and Punishment" is a horrid book and a utter waste
of time. For those who enjoy books to the extent that they were offended
by my comments I suggest that you drop your beloved books and go
outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still stand by my former statement that "You all need lives!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: It hurts to hear the truth doesn't it?!?!:bawling:

MiZz XxClUsIvE
01-11-2007, 09:04 PM
your the one who needs to get a life, man. whats the point of coming up on hear just to dis the book. don't you have anything better to do with your life? i guess not, huh?:lol:

ShoutGrace
01-11-2007, 09:17 PM
As I tell my students: if you don't like a book, that may not be the author's fault: it may be yours.

I know which one my money is on. :D

*Amun*
01-11-2007, 09:17 PM
I guess I have to side with Mr.Ayoub here. I find that this "Crime and Punishment" book is quite boring and a bit useless. My class is reading it for a novel study, and now I have second thoughts for choosing this. I'm not saying that it's an absolutely stupid book, you can actually find some amusing parts to this book. But c'mon do us all a favor... and do get lives. Because this book shouldn't be something to go crazy and rant and rave about it. I think Ayoub does have something better to do... he just tellin y'all da truth... hahaha :lol:

Nick Rubashov
01-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Give it another shot ayoub. The book is considered one of the greatest pieces of literature by a lot of people, and a lot of people love the book. They're obviously seeing something you're not. I find that for most "classics", all it takes is perseverance and an open mind to appreciate the work. Sure it's might be harder to read Harry Potter, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

MiZz XxClUsIvE
01-11-2007, 09:23 PM
:lol: G'd up my.... anyway, amun how can you even comment on this book. tell me, when was the last time you ever read one? And be reasonable, you haven't even read the book. you and ayoub are just rebellious because you're being forced to read the book. but i guess you guys don't want to be left out, and thats why your sulking around the boards, picking fights and debates here and there. i have 3 things to say to you: Bring It On!

*Amun*
01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Marian.. i got 2 words: It's on!!! I still like books that I was forced to read.. it's not even that. I know i didnt finish the book, but i can see where it's going. The only reason I came on here was 1) the english teacher told us to 2) I wanted to make fun of y'all losers who think this book is da ish. Ima get you marian another time :flare:

MiZz XxClUsIvE
01-11-2007, 09:50 PM
wow. calm down, did i hit a nerve or something. so yeah, teacher told you to come on. so be more resourceful and discuss about the book. Both you and ayoub insist that reading the book is waste of anyones time. yet you never exactly give any reasons. you don't mention whats [B]really[B] wrong with it. boring just doesn't cut it. admit it, you just hate it because you have to read it. And i have nothing against the fact that you don't like it -i know i don't sound like that, but i'm sorry for beefing you back there-, but seriously, do you really have to come up on here insult the book.:(

bashman
01-11-2007, 09:55 PM
It is easy to see that posting on ayoub's thread proves that you all don't have lives, the only reason i am posting is because i have to help out my best friend, I agree 100% with Mr. Ayoub ;) that this book i a waste of time and that you all need lives. Let me say it again;
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ALL NEED LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol: I guess it really hurts to hear the truth over and over again. Right?:bawling:

Logos
01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Trolls aren't welcome here so please refrain from further such posts/topics deliberately started to provoke flaming or insults or you will be banned.

And if you *think* that I might possibly be referring to you, you're probably right :)