PDA

View Full Version : No politics??

sine
01-31-2004, 04:11 PM
And may I ask, WHY can we not discuss politics??? HMM???

Koa
01-31-2004, 05:13 PM
I'm sure it's explained somewhere... The Admin doesn't allow politics discussion because they tend to become very 'hot', leading to fights and possibily insults and stuff... I personally agree with this, I know how angry and passionate I can get when I discuss politics, and I feel this is not the place for that sort of mood. There's a whole world where you can talk about that, don't you think? :) Just not here.

Welcome btw :)

crisaor
01-31-2004, 08:38 PM
There is a thread on top of every forum which reads something like "important:forum rules". There it says why not. I don't like it, but I have to agree that it leads to uncomfortable situations. There's still some closed threads about politics in the archives, in case you're curious.

sine
02-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, that's a pickle. No matter though, I can still express my opinion on literature at the most. I guess it's for the best, since I tend to get very heated about topics such whether the President is a good supplier for the U.S. I guess you have to take the good with th bad.
Oh, and the answer to "den": I asked the question mainly to see what people's input was about it. I DO understand, but one may be permitted to ask a simple question once in a while.

Jay
02-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, yeah, Sine, one can do that, but with all the "no politics" topics history on this forum, one can only see THIS kind of question just for a certain number of times... (and yes, I realize you're new here, welcome :D btw, was just trying to explain some kinds of reactions you might get ;))

subterranean
02-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Heelow Newbie, welcome :)

The "No Politics" is one of the things that I really like about this forum. I was a student of International Relations once and I'm so darn tired about that topic.

sine
02-04-2004, 02:26 AM
Well, I'm only glad I got that out of my system before I dove (dived?) full-face in the water. Thanks.